Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

Star Killer

on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:00 pm
~ Start Entry ~

So, Star-Hunter/Essaych never posted much about the insanely powerful Spectre Vessel that was encountered at 42 Omega and wrecked havoc amongst the various battlegroups of the universe.  

All we know is that a single vessel took out and nearly destroyed five of the most powerful vessels of the Phoenix Command Group without breaking a sweat.  It was after this that the PCG upped their technology and strategies to face this menace.

The description as given by Star-Hunter himself is as follows:
Essaych wrote:
Immensely powerful weaponships, the Spectres were deployed by Borg from another reality to establish a foothold in our space. It was initially assumed they were all destroyed by a black maw towards the end of Operation Omega, but there have been reports of scattered sightings since that time.

Spectres were armed with one weapon - a devastatingly powerful energized particle beam which could obliterate a starship a single shot. Incredible measures were taken to develop defences against these beams, but a solid counter was never finalized.

Spectres had virtually no armor to speak of whatsoever, but were protected by absurdly dense shielding, which rendered most weapons completely ineffective. As such, Spectres could sustain an immense amount of pounding before going under.

Beyond that, little information exists. Certain scans revealed a notable amount of organic components throughout the vessel, and suggested that it relied on a sort of dark-matter fission device for power.

- Specifications -

Unknown

- Image -

- Lxf. -

http://www.mediafire.com/download/391kt4t8kn620bd/The_Spectre(2).lxf

~ End Entry ~

Just a reminder, I did not create the Spectre, it was created by Star-Hunter AKA Essaych.  The man responsible for giving the Phoenix Command Group a storyline.

Last edited by Johnnyred on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

Re: Star Killer

on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:54 pm
Good times.... good times.... (sigh...) we miss ya SH.... Your work was astounding, your writing put us on the edge of our seats, and you inspired us to rise to what we are today... how odd that one of the people who most affected the PCG was never part of it... May you go on to use your talents to their fullest potential... (salutes)

Anyways... I forgot how ahsumly 3vil these things were... the detail is just SPECTER-cular

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:27 pm
Ah, S-H's spectre. Doesn't it bring back wonderful memories? That thing should be put in a sci-fi art gallery. Or, better yet, if they make a new Star Trek movie, it ought to be the new threat to the galaxy! Wink

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:28 pm
For sure! In case I hadn't mentioned before, I managed to rescue all of SH's older things! Razz

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:17 pm
Excellent! I was hoping his work was salvaged by somebody.

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:23 pm
I've long been a fan of Star-Hunter's work, ever since I saw his stuff on the Mars Mission gallery nearly 5 years ago.

When I see something like this, I sometimes wonder how it's possible. I wonder how anyone could conceive of such designs that look so alien. I also wonder how he had the patience to move all those hinges. Razz
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space
View user profile

on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:48 pm
Star-Hunter... Is he the same guy that put together that Dominious-class 4,000+ piece monstrosity of a WIP? If so, I expect I'll never see someone as good with LDD's hinge tool ever again. Razz

Whatever the case, this ship surely is menacing and huge, and certainly well-made. Though I question its originality *coughDeathStarcough*. :PIts skeletal, glowing-green/black is certainly quite menacing.

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 pm
S-H is S-H.... he's got skill.....

Dino27

cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:35 pm
Lord Admiral Ariklego wrote:Star-Hunter... Is he the same guy that put together that Dominious-class 4,000+ piece monstrosity of a WIP? If so, I expect I'll never see someone as good with LDD's hinge tool ever again. Razz

Yep, that's him. I've still got that saved on my old computer, although it's dead right now.
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:03 pm
His inspiration actually didnt' come from the death star, it came from some other sci-fi universe, I forget what.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 pm
Also, you must admit that even if the basic idea of a super weapon sphere sounds like using someone else's design, (SW Death Star) the physical design is NOTHING like it (aside from the basic shape... and most ships are going to be combinations of round or square things, and there ARE cubic baddy ships in Trek) and the back-story puts into into an ENTIRELY different category.

Still, the BASIC idea is admittedly very similar to SW.... but the execution of that idea is really nothing like it.

Dino27

cheers
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum