Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Re: Unsung Heroes

on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:10 pm
OOC You have to remember that Auther has spent his adult life in Starfleet, and only joined the PCG six months ago, and even here he's used to the more formal atmosphere of training. Don't worry, he'll get in on the fun and cut back on the "sirs"  Wink  End OCC

"Will do sir, they'll be there. Pleased to meet you sir, me? Auther Jonas sir."
Auther remained by Major Johnson in case of further orders.

OOC Daragon, happens to the best of us.. even me... you should have seen me request two of a prototype of which there is only one the other evening...  wait... you did...  Razz  End OCC

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:35 pm
@ Arik - That's the remainder of your enemies in this area, you should probably go and help some of the other fighters that are being overwhelmed.

@ Dino - "Nice to meet you, Auther!" Rock replies. "It'll be a pleasure working with you in the coming days. Now, if you could help me gather up all the pilots and Marines, I'll be heading to the transporter room. We're expecting several VIPs shortly."

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 pm
"Right away sir!" Auther say's with a salute.

He stops by his table to pay his tab and pick up his railgun. He then heads over to the table where Alastair and the other marines have just finished their root-beer drinking contest.

"Gentlemen, the Major wants everyone, marines and pilots, in the briefing room in twenty-eight minutes. Care to help me get the fly-boys out of their simulators?"

Dino27

cheers
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space
View user profile

on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:26 pm
"Understood, sir. Breaking off attack." Lucas sets his scanners to search for other threats, pulling off and heading for the nearest one...

Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:02 pm
"Peaches!" *Kevtrich mutters to himself as he notices the three fighters. He never did like dog-fights, he preferred sneaking up on the enemy fighters himself, and tearing off shortly after blasting them. However, with tables turned, he was more than likely about to enter a fast-paced, twisting, turning combat full of quick mental calculations with very little room for error. That could play on his nerves rather quick. He continued his pattern of ship-hopping, now primarily trying to keep the ships inbetween him and the fighters, or atleast part of the ship. He approached the bridge of a friendly ship at full throttle, attempting to out-run the enemy fighters. As he reached the bridge, set (for a reason he would never understand) on a tower of sorts, he throttle all the way down and reversed his thrust, slowing him down extremely quickly allowing for a tight turn around the bridge. He hoped to time it so that he would come back around just as the enemy fighters passed the bridge, and he would now be behind them. If not, he could always lead them along the friendly AA guns.*

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:23 pm
@ Dino - *Wait for Marines to notice you.* Razz

@ AA - Your maneuver works perfectly, the enemy fighters shoot pass the tower as you loop around and you're able to line up behind you and you notice that a second fighter has joined.

@ Arik - Said fighter is you. Team up and take 'em down.

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

was scary for a second
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:44 am
Alasdair had already noticed Auther coming, and immediately turns to the other marines, who are engrossed in hardy conversation about their latest incursions into enemy territory.

"Alright, men, you heard 'im!" he says in a loud voice, "I'll grab the star-jocks, everyone else head out!" The marines are immediately all business, and the conversation dies instantly as the men stand, gather their weapons, toss money on the table, and begin filing out with the somehow-casual precision and efficiency only the Star Quest Marines could manage.

Alasdair heads for the bank of simulators and, with a sly grin on his face, begins pounding on the back of Lucas's, roaring, "COME ON YEH LAZY SPACE-JOCK, THERE'S OTHER PLACES T'BE."

View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 am
"Balser, this is Lieutenant Sholstead. I'm coming on an approach vector with you and the pursuing hostile birds." Lucas lets out a couple quick bursts of fire in the general direction of the enemy fighters, missing at such long ranges but hopefully either diverting their attention or putting pressure on the enemy pilots to foul up their flying...

Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:05 am
*Balser's heart rose as he found himself behind the enemy fighters, and throttled up to get in close behind them, firing his cannons on one and aquiring a missile-lock on the other. Then his heart just as quickly fell as he noticed the new fighter behind him.* "Mango!" *Balser focused on destorying the enemy fighters as quickly as possible, waiting till the last minute to dive out of the way of the new fighter.*

Sholstead wrote:Balser, this is Lieutenant Sholstead. I'm coming on an approach vector with you and the pursuing hostile birds."

*Balser felt the andrenaline sink away a little as the message came in, though he had no idea who this newcomer was. His computer registered a lock on one of the fighters and he launched a missile after it, still pouring in weapons fire into the other fighters. (concentrating on one, moving on to the other once it's done)*

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 am
Getting an idea, and apparently having no effect on the simulated battle with his pounding, Alasdair turns to the marines quickly leaving the room. "Oi! Scott! Vladmir! C'mon here and help me snag these fly-boys!"

Grinning, two of the retreating marines turn and join Alasdair in climbing into the simulator cockpits.

View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:30 am
OOC: Heres where the fun begins. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:50 pm
[OOC] Sorry I'm late, had computer trouble. [/OOC]

As part of a friendly pilot swap between the PCG and the Federation, it's Tom's duty - as told by his superiors - to "learn as much about the Phoenix aerospace arsenal" as he can. 'Playing' the Rendova Reprisal mission in his simulator cabinet, Tom hopes that his commanders have some real action on the way for him. The (lack of) intelligence of the AI Corvettes is enough to kill him right here on this PCG Moonbase.

Getting a feel of the simulated F-56 Wildstar, Tom does a few practice flights around the simulated starbase orbiting the planet Rendova, in a reenactment of an actual battle ten years prior. The Wildstar is very quick and agile, almost too twitchy, but he can get used to it. It has some nice weapons.

Tom fires a stream of pulse phasers at passing comet, noting how quickly they strip away at the rock, and how much fuel they proceed to drain. The Wildstar has one engine, but it doesn't have a very large fuel tank. He makes a mental note to keep that in mind, and slows down the thrusters to quarter throttle.

A parallel to the events leading up to the actual battle, a broadcast comes in at fourteen hundred universal time from the starbase. Colonel Fox announces, "Jerrys detected coming through the atmosphere in the Western Hemisphere, please do take them out Truman Squad."

Truman Squad's commander, Senior Pilot "Esquire", responds, "Sure thing Base. Truman Squad, move into intercept positions."

Tom obliges, and slips into his formation with the fifteen other F-56 Wildcats of Truman Squad. His computer beeps with his position. Left Echelon off the leader, flying as wingman. Sounds good.

The squad assumes a standard arrow formation and the fighters shoot off towards a vantage point over Rendova's Western Hemisphere. Tom's radar identifies five of the long nosed T-Wing long range interceptors. They are painted in black and green, typical of the Romulan-sympathetic population who was still sore over a skirmish - that took place inside PCG space - in which a squadron of PCG transports were able to destroy a damaged D'deridex which decided to attack them after its cloak failed.

"Easy pickings," an Ensign quips as the T-Wings clear the atmosphere and level off. "Who's getting them?"

"Steady, Val." Esquire says. "We aren't necessarily looking for a fight, just showing them a little nudge of prowess. Match their course with a slight drift. We'll either provoke them into entering combat, or backing down. Hopefully it will be the latter."

"Scared of a little laser fire?" a Flight Lieutenant jokes.

Esquire laughs, but doesn't say anything.

Tom sighs as he sets his Form Augmentation Device to ON, and sits back in his chair. From this point onwards, is where the actual Rendova Reprisal all went wrong....

[OOC] It's a trap! [/OOC]
Lord Admiral (MSI)
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:11 pm
Lucas noses his Albatross into the fray, immediately chewing at the first target available with his cannons.

"Sorry for the scare, Sir. Wasn't what I was expecting. Sholstead out."

OOC: I finally found the picture I was looking for, for the Albatross:

Spoiler:

Obviously not exactly it. Razz  But it'll make for a good placeholder image until I make an LDD model for it (if I'm not too lazy Razz).

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:37 pm
Auther joins the other marines in trying to vacate the pilots from their simulators. He walks up to Balser's and tries a... more tactful approach. He activates the comm panel on the side of the simulator,
"Orders are to be in the briefing room in twenty-six minutes."

Dino27

cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:11 pm
"I'll get out in 24 then." *Says Kevtrich, as he banks tightly to stay with the enemy fighter.*

~/Com|Ant~

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:42 pm
Auther heads on to the Johnson's simulator and taps the comm button
"Orders are to be walking in Briefing room door in twenty four minutes."

(Notice that he's giving less time than than is actually available to ensure that they're there on time)

Dino27

cheers
Commander (PCG)
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 am
Tom nods at Auther and promptly aborts his simulator. He's been flying Rendova Reprisal for days anyway, so he's not missing much.... "Yes, *insert Auther's rank here*." Tom walks over to random replicator, orders a random soft drink, and sits down at a random table with the intention of staying there for a random 25 minutes.
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:55 am
Alasdair, before securing his cockpit as his companions did, turns to Auther. "Don't worry m'lad, we'll have 'em out long before the meetin'. Ye just head along now, we'll handle it."

He secures his cockpit and begins his simulation. Alasdair is no pilot, but he has spent time in the simulators, though mostly for entertainment, so he generally knows his way around the fighter. He opens a secure channel to his comrades. "Let's be off, lads, ye know the drill!"

"Yeah we do, let's show them jocks who's boss!" Scott replies in a cocky voice.

The simulators begin, and the three fighters launch from one of the friendly capital ships in the battle. Ignoring any and all safety checks and procedures, the marines quickly spot the pilots on their scanners, and begin flying full speed towards them in a haphazard "formation," ignoring the computer-directed orders and objectives and spraying ammunition at anything in their way.

View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 am
[OOC] It seems that I'm a bit lost.... Razz [/OOC]
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:04 pm
*A notice appears on Kevtrich's computer of three new friendly fighters having just launched, and adds it to a list that he can access if he needs to. Kevtrich makes a mental note and finally blasts the last enemy fighter. After dodging the debris he takes a look at where the three new fighters are headed so he can make a mental note incase he or they need help. He sees them flying towards him and then looks out his cockpit in their direction, noting haphazard weapons fire flying everywhere.* What in the?..... *Kevtrich dives down underneath an enemy captial ship to avoid the weapons fire from his three crazy friends.* "I don't remember any simulate crazies on here." *He yells to the other pilots.*

~/Com|Ant~

CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:11 pm
Alasdair hears Kevtrich's bewildered response to their appearance and laughs loudly. "Aye, lad, we're crazy alright! Ain't we, boys?"

Scott and Vladmir laugh their agreement as they swing wide of Alasdair, ignoring the occasional enemy bolt glancing off their shields as they recklessly tear towards Kevtrich. The three of them are coming directly at him from three different wide angles, spraying their weapons. Kevtrich's sensors warn him that three missile locks are now on him--and not a half second later, all three fighters begin unloading ALL their missiles at him, while continuing towards him at top speed.

Character sheet

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:27 pm
Locke Highwind walks back into the room and just stares at the men in the sim pods.

"Ugh... dumb flyboys. Wait, why are there Marines in the pods too? *Grumble* Stinkin' got ten minutes until the briefing. I'd better get them out myself."

Locke walked over to one of the empty sim pods and hopped in it, selecting an F-101 Dagger as his aircraft and jumping in on the mission in progress.

Locke piloted his craft into formation with Kevtrich and opens his comms, "Hey, pilot, briefing in ten minutes in the main hall. Let's get this sim finished but quick! What's the mission objective?"

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

was scary for a second
Lord Admiral (MSI)
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:53 pm
Lucas quickly notices the three "friendly" fighters pelting recklessly Kevtrich's fighter, and pulls a tight spin to bring his Albatross back around the ship's command tower to bear on the newcomers. "Kevtrich! Tight Immelmann and kill thrusters!"

Lucas comes in at the trio of less-than-friendly friendlies directly from the right side, his Albatross spitting particle shots through the first of the fighters and sending it into flames before passing behind and dragging his fighter into a loop around again...

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:48 pm
OOC Talmid, Auther is a Corporal. End OOC

Rather than leave, Aurther remains in the room, glancing at his watch, ready to physically evict all but one of the personnel from their simulators if that's what it will take to get them to the briefing as scheduled. Not only are half of the dedicated pilots still in their simulators with nine minutes to go, but a third of the marines are in flight simulators now too... And by the sounds of the shouting, they're fighting for the wrong side. The fact that these men are going to be shoulder to shoulder with me in real combat is not particularly comforting
Looking down at his watch again, he sees that there are only and a half eight minutes remaining. He walks over to Tom Johnson.
"Have you ever seen anything like it in your life?"

Dino27

cheers
Commander (PCG)
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 pm
"Tough question, Corporal." Tom responds to Auther. "Star Force pilots have their moments too, but this.... I don't know what.... well, at least it looks fun."

Cutting his 25 random minute break short 8 minutes, Tom jumps into another Flight Sim and launches an Albatross. He's familiar with the Federation variant of the fighter, the Sky Hawk, so Tom doesn't believe it to be too much different....
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum