Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com/

SLW-16 (Walker)

on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:03 pm
SLW-16
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymrv3tqi1sbppod

The SLW-16/R (Standard Light Walker-16/Reconnaissance) is is the primary scout unit of the Yaka Empire's land forces, able to reach speeds of 65 miles per hour. Its on-board radar allows the SLW to map the terrain with ease, and its like titanium-Yakaium alloy frame makes the vehicle incredibly light, allowing it to bound effortlessly over obstacles. The primary chassis is highly customizable, which has resulted in many different variants of the SLW. The more armored variants replace the transparent plexisteel viewing port with a polarized version (like a one-way mirror).

SLW-16/M (Standard Light Walker-16/Missile)
Spoiler:

SLW-16/AC (Standard Light Walker-16/Auto Cannon)
Spoiler:

SLW-16/_:

Weapons:
(/R: 2x Light Auto Cannons)
(/M: 2x Light Auto Cannons; 2x Javelin Anti-Tank Missile Launchers, with two Javelin Missiles each)
(/AC: 2x Light Auto Cannons; 1x Javelin Anti-Tank Missile Launcher, with two Javelin Missiles; 1x  Heavy Support Auto Cannon with three hundred rounds)

Armor:
0.25-0.65 inches of Titanium-Yakaium Armor Plating

Top Speed:
(/R: 35 MPH)
(/M: 33 MPH)
(/AC: 31 MPH)
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

Re: SLW-16 (Walker)

on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:58 pm
Fixed your images for youl. Wink

Ah yes, I like these tiny little things. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 am
Nice! Very Happy

The legs look a little bit wide, but that's just me. Razz
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:10 pm
What a cute litt..... I mean... what a lethal scouting vehicle! Razz The cabin and the weapons are great, I do I have two suggestions though:

#1 the legs need something.... narrower..... tiles..... SNOT detail.... they just look very plain and uninteresting.
#2 the top speed is simply WAY too low for a light scouting vehicle from 2580. Bump it's speeds up by 25-35 miles per hour and it will be more.... light scouting vehicle-y... Razz

Other than that.... I like this little mech.... especially the AC variant.... Very Happy

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 pm
65 miles an hour? Do you know just what that would be like, thumping down a road or hill at 65 miles an hour? I doubt even tech from 2580 could handle that much weight jumping far enough and fast enough to not break way too easily and not kill it's occupants or ruin their internals. (Even just semi-truck drivers have their internals jiggle into the wrong position causing all sorts of problems from too much time on the road, and they have wheels on pavement. Razz) If you look at ST walkers, they move about...ehhh...10 mph maybe. The clone walkers from episode III maybe hit 20 or so, and that's some harsh bouncing on those if you look at it. 35 is more than plenty for walkers/mechs.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:12 am
Ever heard of inertial dampeners and structural integrity fields? They don't have 'em in SW, or in modern trucks, but they do in Trek... Razz

Dino27

cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:05 pm
dino27 wrote:Ever heard of inertial dampeners and structural integrity fields?  They don't have 'em in SW... 
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inertial_compensator

Star Wars: Complete Cross Sections implies that inertial compensators also perform the role of structural integrity fields.

Also, an AT-ST can travel at 90 kilometers an hour, which is 55.89 miles per hour. The AT-AT and AT-TE both have a top speed of 60 kilometers per hour, or 37.26 miles an hour.
Commander (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:49 am
^^On what terrain? I can't imagine an AT-AT running 40 MPH in the snow. Razz
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:52 am
The Fleet Captain wrote:^^On what terrain?  I can't imagine an AT-AT running 40 MPH in the snow. Razz
All Terrain, of course. Says so right in the name. Razz
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:27 pm
Well sombody had a really light gas pedal foot on the AT-TE then.....it never really moved that fast in anything I've seen, videogame or movie.

~/Com|Ant~

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:33 pm
Maybe the 37.26 miles per hour figure was for the hot-rodded version? Razz

Or maybe they just take LOOOOOoooooOOOOooooooOOOOOoooooooo--o-o-o-o-o-o-oOOOO-----oong strides? Razz

Dino27

cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:41 pm
Slow motion in the movie is explainable because it's in the middle of combat and can't really go jogging around everywhere... the problem is that videogame designers see it moving slowly on screen and then think that it must move slow everywhere, all the time.
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:37 am
In the middle of combat, you usually go places quickly rather than slowly.....But I'ld just love to see videogame designers make a walker that leaps all over the place, or with legs moving as fast horse. Razz Anywho, you still haven't explained the saftey of the crew at such speeds. Larger walkers like the AT-AT maybe, but not an AT-ST.

Walkers in general are rather less than realisitc or effcient. For the same price and weight and better speed you could just get a tank. With the same weapons. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 am
But a tank can't get up and walk around the battlefield? Razz

There actually IS a video game that does ONE walker justice (the game itself stinks of course Razz )

Republic Heroes includes the AT-RT, and it can run and jump with VERY impressive, and satisfying speed. I never find myself wishing that the walker would boost longer... it has two speeds (I think) stopped, and WOOOOOOSH.

Dino27

cheers
Commander (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:30 pm
One word: Drama.

Drama is slow. Razz
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:09 am
Commander Ant wrote:Anywho, you still haven't explained the saftey of the crew at such speeds...
Side- and front-mounted airbags, obviously. Also the fact that they're in a solid metal box. Razz 
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:21 pm
As are semi truck drivers, read my above comment.

~/Com|Ant~

High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com/

on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 pm
@AA- A game with fast-moving mechs? Mechwarrior Online is the prime example. Razz Even medium-class mechs can move at around 80MPH, and I also seem to recall AT-RTs from Star Wars jumping over obstacles while traveling at high speeds.

Also, you can see that the pilots of these vehicles wear special suits, similar to those of Marines, so airbags aren't that much of an issue. I mean, if you really want to bring up safety, pretty much all modern US land-vehicles forego safety features. You don't need airbags when you're in a tank. Razz
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum