Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

PCS Stormcloud

on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:31 pm
Well, I thought it would be in order to make a new ship after a period of so much inactivity. Razz

Y'all might be getting pretty tired of this split-saucer design of mine, but to be honest, my best ships--excluding the Patriarch--have always had a split-saucer design, and I seem to build better that way anyway. Wink

Some of you might be wondering exactly where Commander Scarecrow is in my RPG. Well, he--or I, 'cause he would be I and I would be he--is on a secret assignment to an unknown sector of the galaxy. This assignment was given him by the Council after he made this stealth cruiser--the PCS Stormcloud--for such assignments.

The Stormcloud is very much like the Seraphim Class Frigate, but with a number of different, more advanced features. Firstly, the Stormcloud bears three dorsal fins on its aft section, whereas the Seraphim Class does not. Secondly, the Stormcloud has no outward nacelles, but instead has its engine components "within" the ship as seen in many small Klingon and Romulan vessels (the Seraphim, however, has one outward nacelle). Thirdly, the Stormcloud has an unclassified cloaking device, whereas the Seraphim has no such contraption.

Okay, despite the fact that I am LOUSY with statistics, here's an attempt to whip some together. Razz

Stats:
Length (in Perfect Grade)--220 m
Width (in Perfect Grade)--120 m [at the wings]
Height (in Perfect Grade)--55 m [at main dorsal fin]
Crew Capacity--50
Passenger Capacity--20
Emergency Capacity (Total)--100
Maximum Warp Speed--9.75
Maximum Impulse Speed--3.5
Shields--1x Frigate Class Generator, able to regenerate completely 10 minutes after damages up to 50%
Armor--2 cm albative, 1 cm titanium alloy
Cloak--unclassified; allows ship to fire when cloaked
Weaponry--2x quantum torpedo tubes, 2x acoustic torpedo tubes, 2x phaser cannons (either side of hull), 2x wing-mounted phaser cannons
Special features/abilities--highly maneuverable for a ship its size, even more so than the Seraphim; contains an automatic piloting system which can allow a crew of only 10 persons to operate the vessel; features a laboratory, small holodeck, and a hangar equipped to house Scarecrow's personal starfighter

Rumor has it that Commander Scarecrow has developed a Stormcloud Class Frigate to be distributed to his close friends. This class would resemble the Stormcloud itself but would not be as advanced in technology.

NOW FOR DE PICS!

Spoiler:
[img][/img]

Spoiler:
[img][/img]

Spoiler:
[img][/img]

Spoiler:
[img][/img]

The Stormcloud, coming out of cloak. (I must give credit to Dino for the idea of making all the pieces transparent. See his marvelous Alth'Indor for a similar picture.) Wink
Spoiler:
[img][/img]

This ship is dedicated to Jesus Christ, my very patient Lord and Savior. Very Happy

Honor. Valor. COOKIES!!!
~Scare~

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

Re: PCS Stormcloud

on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:52 pm
Superbly designed! I particularly like the bow with its eyes and giant mandibles.
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:14 pm
RMM: Thanks! Actually, those "eyes" are the front parts of the internal engines. Unfortunately, I can't describe that technically. Razz

But yeah, as I was making it and after I took that picture, I thought to myself, "That looks a lot like a stag beetle." Wink

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:54 am
Scarecrow wrote:RMM: Thanks! Actually, those "eyes" are the front parts of the internal engines. Unfortunately, I can't describe that technically. Razz

But yeah, as I was making it and after I took that picture, I thought to myself, "That looks a lot like a stag beetle."  Wink
Might those be the Bussard collectors you are talking about?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Bussard_collector
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 pm
I love it! It deffinitly looks stealthy. It's sleek and exotic! And just awesome! Though I think it needs a few more weapons. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:42 pm
@Ant: Thanks! Gee, you'll NEVER be satisfied with a ship's weaponry unless it equals over half the entire ship's mass, eh? Wink

CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:33 pm
Ah, a very fine ship! She's elegant! I disagree with Ant on the weapons for once, I think its weaponry is very well-balanced considering the amount of power that would go into a cloak and more powerful maneuvering thrusters.

The stats are good, but it bothers me that EVERYONE's ships are capable of 9.999999999 (or 9.whatever) warp. It's as if everyone's hyperdrives were class .05--absurdly fast, so speed is basically not even worth mentioning since EVERYONE can do it. Shouldn't speeds be toned down like shield regeneration was?

View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:31 pm
^^^ actually, that would be a reasonable max warp speed for a modern Federation ship. Smile

WOW!!!! I LOVE it Scare!!!! It's so.... curvy! Very Happy This is one of my favorites of your small ships.... or ANY small ship.... I just LOVE the front section.... that split-saucer is simply stunning, and I'm not tired of it in the least... it's refreshing to see something not... average Federation. Razz Smile And I must say I really like your claoking picture.... I could've sworn I saw that before somewhere.... now where was it.... scratch  Laughing  Anyways..... GREAT little ship Scare... GREAT little ship.... I look forward to seeing it in.... you know where...   Very Happy

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:48 pm
@Supe: Thanks! I thought the weaponry was balanced, too. Razz (No offense to you, Ant. Wink )

@Dino: Thanks! The Lord has given me more talent with non-canon ships than anything, although I try to make sure that there my ships have a definite ST flavor (e.g. warp nacelles and saucers, albeit the latter is often split down the middle. Razz )

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:50 pm
Yeah, nothing wrong with doing what your good at in custom Trek ships... this is a work of art, as are your others. Smile

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum