Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

Borg Battle Sphere

on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:12 am

LDD file

The Borg Battle Sphere's armament is mostly centered around a gun somewhat like the iconic cannon of a Star Killer, but much smaller and subsequently with a much smaller payload. This little Sphere also is built by the 'domestic' Borg.  Maybe in the Spectre universe, this was one of the prototype Star Killers.

The Battle Sphere is also armed with four standard Borg cutting beam emitters around its central gun.

Propulsion comes from four thrusters in the rear.

The most interesting thing about this weapon of math destruction however is its EXTREMELY heavy armor.  Armor serves as the Borg Battle Sphere's primary defenses, along with a little shrink-wrap shield generator, but we're talking about the armor.  Shields are boring.  The Battle Sphere's armor is very dense and serves to provide most of the Battle Sphere's structural rigidity.  A small control room is believed to be at the very center of the Sphere.

How to destroy one of these then?

Arm a transphasic torpedo, please.  Or, once we blow a hole in those shields, some large scale version of a T-116 Rifle could probably do the job too.  But why waste a round of bullets when we can subsequently just beam an antimatter warhead into the center of the Sphere and disable it just like that?

The possibilities are endless!  If we aren't destroyed by the Borg first, then we'll just die from brain overload!
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Re: Borg Battle Sphere

on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:14 pm
Is this a custom design? Or the canon sphere? Or the Spectral version of the canon sphere?

Anyways.... cool little ship! Very Happy I love it's powers of "math destruction" I will be facing said powers in a little bit. Razz

But seriously, you did a good job making a round thing of of square pieces, no small task. I like it, I don't want to meet it, but I like it. Razz

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm
Great job, Talmid! We need more well-designed enemy vessels like this one in our PCG universe. Wink

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:19 am
Custom design, I'm glad you both like it. Very Happy

What if I told you I built it (or at least uploaded it to the Creation Lab) in November of 2010? Smile Gotta love the old designs. Very Happy
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum