Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

PCG Hurricane class

on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:03 pm

PCG Hurricane Class

I was browsing through a few of dino's old ships a while back, and I saw his typhoon class ships. I remember when I first saw them that I was awe-struck by these large and amazing ships that this "noob" (as I though of dino when I first saw him, but definitely do not now) had made. They were much much better than most ships noobs would release when they first started. They had much more detail, more weapons, and were LARGE. And they weren't rectangles with a cube for a bridge either. They had good shape to them. Well I though that, for a first timer, these were really good. So anyways, I was browsing through dino's old ships and came across these ships again. I thought to myself, "I wonder what these would look like if they were built by him now with his current skill level." Well, as a gift to dino, I took it upon myself to refit them for him. I had already attempted to make a Prometheus class ship as I didn't think any one had yet (after I finished this ship, I found out that dino [I think it was dino] already had)1 but couldn't quite get the body to work right and still fit weapons on it. Well, my half finished body looked perfect to use for my planned remodeling of the typhoon class. As it turned out, I didn't refit/remodel the typhoon class, but simply made a new class modeled after the older one. And thus, the Hurricane class was born! (I originally wanted to name it Tempest, but someone already took that name. *glares at Jared50000*)

The Hurricane class cruisers are versatile craft that can take on a variety of missions, including long-range strike craft, support craft, and pulverizing craft. They are equipped with two warp nacelles and a single impulse engine. They always have missile silos located on the top, duel phaser banks down the center of the sides, turrets down the middle, shields on the bottom, and quantum phaser turrets up the middle on the underside. The weapons, shields, and general design never vary, but Hurricanes come in many lengths, sizes, heights, and such, as is shown in picture four. Now on to the stats:

Stats:
Construction class: Special

Weapons:
Quad Phaser Cannon Turrets
Duel Type XIII Phaser Banks
Energy Shell Launchers
Missile Silos
Quantum Phasers Type XIII
Anti-Aircraft Phaser systems
Quantum, Photon, and Acoustic torpedo bays located throughout the ship

Defense:
2x large shield generators
4x smaller shield generators
1x Phase Cloak shield
~3x inches of ablative armor, varies ship to ship

Speed: Varies, around warp 7 warp speed and .5 impulse

Note: This ship, all rights to this ship, all ship schematics, and such and so forth, are hereby property of dino272727. Aka, the only way anyone besides him is getting one is if he gives you one. So ask him, not me. The only exception are the four ships in picture four, making up Hurricane Task Force. The PCG Rain, PCG Hail, PCG Wind, and the PCG Snow. the Wind is a faster lighter Hurricane, and the Hail is a slower, more heavily armored and armed Hurricane, the Snow and Rain are in between as well as twin ships. These four ships are property of Tybalt Anderson.

Spoiler:

LXF file: http://universe.lego.com/en-us/community/creationlab/GetMedia.aspx?id=0794dbc4-e0cd-446e-aa22-9628e507f0cc

1As of the time of reposting this to the forum from the lab, there must be half a dozen prometheuses out there now. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Re: PCG Hurricane class

on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:39 pm
A classic reborn... again. Razz Great work AA! Very Happy

I LOVE that nacelle design... Very Happy And I really like how you have different subclasses within the Hurricane class. Smile

Since you put so much work into these, I think you ought to have co-ownership of them, they are your work after all. So if you want to build them or give them away, feel free. Smile

Anyways.... Man do I like the sleek profile of this ship... especially the Wind subtype. Smile

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:31 pm
The Wind isn't actually a subtype, it's actually a single ship within the class, which can vary to certain degrees (as can even modern day real ships, such as a certain class of Battleship may actuall have a little bit better speed or an extra gun or an extra inch of armor or what have you).

And yeah, I'll take more if I feel like it, but giving them away is up to you. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:33 pm
Well, if anybody wants them and I miss it, let me know because the answer is likely yes, unless the question was "can I havz five hundredz thousandz dozenz illion supershipz do rulez ze galaxiez?!

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 pm
Well, if they do then I shall grant them and spend the next year creating "five hundredz thousandz dozenz illion." finely grounded piles of space dust via the undercrewed PPT, who if properly crewed could do it in a day. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:06 pm
Definitely a good ship, Ant. I don't know if I saw this on the LUCL. Well, whether I did or not, good job! Love the slimness of the design and the "stair-step" effect, plus all the detailed weaponry. Smile

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 pm
Well theres no comment of yours on the Hurricane, so maybe not. (I just checked. Razz) But then again, you wheren't the most active commentator on the lab back then, by your own admission. Razz Glad you like it. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 pm
Yeah, I faded in and out a lot there towards the end. Razz

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 pm
Something to do with chickens and continual groundedness. I think Adlu had something of teh same problem that prevented her from ever finishing her story on the lab. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum