Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

ASSASSIN CLASS FRIGATE

on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:26 pm
Here's the latest product of my frigate yards, the Assassin Class!

The Assassin Class frigate is designed for one purpose: swift, deadly, and unexpected attack on enemy ships. Equipped with a cloaking device that allows for limited firing ability while cloaked, the Assassin Class is armed with extremely accurate, long-range phaser cannons that allow it to hit the enemy where it hurts without being detected or risking getting to close to its target.

This is the second of my recent ships that is designed more like a Klingon or Romulan vessel in that it does not have outward nacelles.

I will include stats. But now, for the pics!

Spoiler:
" />

Spoiler:
" />
(I included this because, even though the small saucer piece is fairly inconspicuous, it could be confused with the bridge. Razz )

Spoiler:
" />

Spoiler:
" />

LXF File: http://universe.lego.com/en-us/community/creationlab/displaycreation.aspx?id=6d70e019-812a-4891-87c0-b6da8af6be53

Now, gentlemen, if you have any constructive criticism, LAY IT ON THICK!!! I'm serious. I know a lot of it may be personal preference instead of actual faults (e.g. Ant and his obsessive love of excessive weaponry :PLOL), but if you see something that doesn't fit the design of the ship, is tacky or odd-looking, or in any fashion seems to make this vessel less than excellent, let me know. That's the only way I can get better. Wink

And I'm sure I can rely on Dino, the great Constructive Critic, to fulfill everything I just asked for. Very Happy

This ship is dedicated to Jesus Christ. Wink

Honor, Valor, Cookies!
~Scare~

Last edited by Commander Turson on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

Re: ASSASSIN CLASS FRIGATE

on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:25 am
Just saw this on the Creation Lab. Nice and sleek. Smile
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
View user profile

on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:40 am
It's great! As far as criticism goes, I'd say it could use some more detail, for one thing-- it's very sleek, yes, but that also tends to come off as a bit bland. I'm also going to beat AA and say that yeah, it could use a LOT more weaponry. Four large-ish weapons, maybe single-barreled heavy turbolasers, and possibly an anti-starfighter point-defense blister is okay, but it could use an actual point-defense system, and some smaller medium-range weapons such as railguns. However, as it's only 150-meters-ish, the small amounts of weaponry could be acceptable considering the power necessary for a cloaking device, especially one that stays active during firing operations (which, by the way, is somewhat unnecessary, as firing the weapons totally gives away your position whether or not the cloak is active. It'd be more efficient to turn the cloak off, fire away, switch it right back on, and get moving). Overall, though, it's a very good ship!

View user profile

on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:17 pm
@Talmid: Thanks! But, where's the criticism? Wink

@Supe: Thanks for your comments, Supe. I can't help but wonder if my ships DO need more weaponry, and it's not just a preference of the trigger-happy souls out there. Next time I make a frigate, I will think about adding more detail. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:17 pm
Noice...... That's a beautiful, sleek ship! I like it.... as I do ALL your little ships. Razz

Suggestions, she needs some medium weaponry, and a torpedo launcher.
That bridge is HUGE ships ten times her size in canon Trek (not talking SW here) have bridge domes half that size.
Phasers have been seen to fire in blue (TOS Enterprise) red, orange, and even yellow, but I've NEVER seen a purple phaser blast. Razz That'd be the the Polaron weapons of the Jem'Hadar/Dominion.
She needs some nacelles, Klingon and Romulan ships DO have them, just in odd places, but they are external (usually anyway.)
She needs some more detail. I know, it's VERY hard to get more detail into a ship this small and SNOTy, but she needs something. Perhaps some technic pins on the phaser cannons?
Maybe have her wings angled up/down to add some depth?
And... Ummmmm..... have it bring me some chocolate? Razz Okay, I was working pretty hard by the end of those suggestions to find anything "wrong" with it. It's a pretty sweet ship as is, but it could use a little of this and a little of that. Hey, you asked for advise. Razz

Anyways, well done as usual Scare, er, Commander Turson. Razz I think we need to make you our official frigate guy... you're so good at them. Smile

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:30 pm
@Dino: Advice is what I asked for, and it is what you gave, so don't apologize (not that you were. Wink LOL.) Yeah, I need to work on putting more detail in my later models. The Stormcloud was skating the fine line between being SNOT and being undetailed, and it seems that the Assassin Class is definitely on the undetailed side.

Thanks again for your input! ON TO BETTER MODELS! Smile

Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:30 pm
I don't know what to criticize. :S

Well, maybe it does look a bit bare, and maybe a bit flat, but otherwise, it is still nice and sleek. Razz
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:32 pm
@Talmid: Well, your suggestions seem to fit everyone else's, so don't worry. Wink

Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:29 pm
@Dino: well if you can have blue, yellow, orange, and red then I'm sure you can have green and purple and whichever other color(s) we're missing, we just haven't seen them yet. Razz It probably has something to do with some sort of peice in the emitter itself, like crystals and lightsabers. (Color of the crystal determines the color of the light saber) Maybe the....nadon emitter(?) can be different colors. Or you just need to throw some purple tinted glass over it before firing. Razz Or red, or orange, or blue, or whatever. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum