Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Blitzkrieg Class Destroyer

on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:29 pm
Due to a decline in my frigate capabilities of late, and due to my desire to combine my skill in making small ships with my love for larger ships, I thought I would make something in between: a Destroyer-type vessel. The Blitzkrieg Class is the result.

"Blitzkrieg," as many of your WWII addicts know, is the German word meaning "lightning war." Although originally used to describe Hitler's swift and violent annexation of Poland and surrounding nations, the word can be used more generally as referring to any battle or war in which powerful, overwhelming numbers of machines and men are used to conquer an enemy. It is this general use that I named this class after.

The Blitzkrieg Class is well armed and armored for its size. Like the Destroyers of the US Navy, it is light and fast but packs a mean punch. With a greater amount of weapons, stronger shields, and greater maneuverability than many vessels its size, the Blitzkrieg is a valuable asset to any battle.

This ship was partly built in response to the suggestions that I build a ship with more weaponry and detail. I do want all of you to know that your suggestions are valued, and this is my attempt to apply them. Wink

This ship is dedicated to Jesus Christ, Who won the war for my soul on Calvary. Very Happy

Now, for de specs:

Length--480 m
Width--260 m
Height--90 m
Shields--2 Blitzkrieg generators, capable of full restoration only 5 minutes after damages up to (not exceeding) 40%
Armor--6 cm albative, 2 cm titanium alloy
Weaponry--4x acoustic torpedo tubes, 4x quantum torpedo tubes, 24x rotating phaser cannons, 2x stationary phaser cannons, 8x rotating ion disruptor cannons, 2x stationary ion disruptor cannons, 1 hangar capable of housing up to 15 starfighters
Warp Capacity--9.75 maximum
Impulse Capacity--3.5 maximum
Special features--none to really speak of, save its high maneuverability, heavy weaponry, and split-saucer design

.LXF File:
http://universe.lego.com/en-us/community/creationlab/displaycreation.aspx?id=7fac572a-d847-48bd-b620-74ce485b01da&searchtext=blitzkrieg

Pictures:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The PCS Liberty alongside a Blitzkrieg Class, for comparison
Spoiler:

As usual, comments and criticism welcome and needed. Have I made improvements? If so, what are they? Are there old flaws I still need to correct, or new ones I need to dispose of?

Honor, Valor, COOKIES!
~Scare~

Last edited by Commander Turson on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
View user profile

Re: Blitzkrieg Class Destroyer

on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:55 am
Ah, very nice! I was wondering when you'd move up to star destroyers, and here we go! I love it, and while I don't have time for a lengthy critical analysis at the moment, I will say that this is a fantastic ship, with no outstanding flaws that I can see; you've fixed your tendency to lack weapons, and it looks to be the perfect combination of "beauty" and "beast." Great job on this one!

View user profile

on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:53 am
Thanks, Supe! I'm glad I've shown improvement. When you have time for a more critical analysis, feel free to stop by and present it to me. Wink

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:17 pm
 wow.... oh Scare.... this is AMAZING!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! It's like a blend of Klingon Defense Force and Starfleet.... AWESOME!!!!!!! It's beautiful!

Advice:
#1 Lengthen nacelles by 3 studs.
#2 Widen nacelle pylons by 2 stud (they are currently 4 at the top, 2 at the bottom, they would be 5 at the top, 3 at the bottom)
#3 Add tecnic half pin to the front "tap" pieces.
#4 reverse nacelle colors (red front, blue back)
#5 increase impulse engine (rear trans red pieces, I assume that's what they are) from 4 studs to 6 studs
#6 GIVE ME ONE!!!!! Razz

GREAT work Scare! I had to work to come up with suggestions for this one.... you did a FANTASTIC job!!! WELL DONE!!! Very Happy

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:39 pm
@Dino: Thanks! Suggestions duly noted and applied: I am now uploading a tweaked Blitzkrieg and will be including the improved .lxf file shortly. Wink And of course, you may have 20 Blitzkriegs. Very Happy

Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 am
Ahem, small correction. Inbetween bigger and larger is not a destroyer, unless you're talking about inbetween a PT boat and a Frigate. Razz In size (of course with some exceptions and variations because these classes depend on job, speed, armnament, etcetera) it goes PT boat, Destroyer, Frigate, Cruiser, Battleship, Aircraft Carrier, Yamato (Razz ).

But yes, IT IZ AHSHZUM!!!! I'm placing an order for thirty.

It also looks alot more Klingon-ish being larger like that, especialy with the slightly downwards swept naccles.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:55 am
Well, Ant, that all depends on the classification system you're using. I use the Anaxes War College system, which goes corvette (100-200 meters), frigate (200-400 meters), cruiser (400-600 meters), heavy cruiser (600-1000 meters), star destroyer (1000-2000 meters), battlecruiser (2000-5000 meters), dreadnaught (5001+ meters).

By that system this is a cruiser, not a destroyer. Razz

View user profile

on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:22 am
^^^ except the above system was designed for SW craft, and although it gives good classifications, the largest Starfleet ships of semi-canon are about 1,000 meters, whereas SW ships frequently reach several kilometers or (much) more Razz While that's a good system and fits very well with the SW verse... ST ship classifications (of dreadnaught or battlecruiser for example) seem to be given out to "the cool ships," thus making classification much more difficult. But even so.... I really ought to do a study of Fed ship classes and come up with some classification guidelines based on canon Trek.... Looking at the Blitzkrieg compared to the Liberty, it would probably fall into the range of frigate/destroyer (the two seem to be used interchangeable in Trek, with frigate being the more common term in later times) to light cruiser/cruiser (as you said Supe) in Trek. I think it ultimately ends up being that the designer can call his work whatever class he wants... I like he term destroyer for this ship... it looks so aggressive, it just fits.

Now then... NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE Scare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIIIIICE! it's beautiful! Very Happy Thank you! I now have but ONE suggestion, instead of using the 1x1 brick to end the pylons, might I advise using a 1x1 slope piece, angled to lay flush with the pylon/nacelle? I think it would ease the transition. Now that that's said.... WOW!!!!!! SO WONDERFUL!!!!! This may be one of your best just above small ships Scar... it's so.... cool.... In our universe, the Klingon Empire split, old warrior Empire who hates us, and the other guys who (I think) get along with us.... this looks like a joint New Klingon/PCG project.... and I LOVE it!!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!!!! (faints from overexpose to dangerously high doses of pure awesomeness) Razz

Dino27

cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:26 pm
@supe: Destroyer, not Star Destroyer. Razz I was using (semi-loosely) current military ship classifications, hence the addition of the Yamato as a class. (Largest battleship ever built, Johnnyred can tell you more, though he'll probably go straight into Star Blazers Razz ) Current military classifications go destroyer, frigate, cruiser, and that's what I loosely use.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:13 pm
Dino- I know, I was replying to Ant, not correcting Scare's classification. Razz Honestly, as long as he posts the length, I can memorize that and what he calls it doesn't bother me much. xD

Ant- First, it's Star Destroyer, just like ship and starship, cruiser and star cruiser... contrary to popular belief, "Star Destroyer" doesn't refer exclusively to the famed Imperial-1 star destroyer; it's simply a class, of which the Imperial-1 was part.

Maybe you knew that, and I misunderstood your correction, but whatevs. xD

And yeah, I wasn't debating your classification, I was just saying that you can't really correct him on his class choice, because, as I said, he isn't using a specific classification system; as you saw, your system puts "destroyer" under a frigate, and mine puts it three classes above it. Also, he (and most ST fans) seem to have a role-based classification system, or (horror of horrors) an aesthetics-based system, in which case NONE of our OCD size/role-based systems work. :O

View user profile

on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:20 pm
(A destroyer is smaller than a cruiser in the real modern world, a Star Destroyer is larger than a cruiser in the SW world, hence they are entirely different classifications and AA wasn't correcting you on SW ships, just the real world use compared to the SW one)

Dino27

cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:57 am
@Ant: I could just clobber you for ruining this with technicalities Razz LOL, no, I appreciate your classification input. However, like Dino said, I am calling it a Destroyer-type because of its purpose in battle. I have the following "classification system" in my mind when it comes to ST vessels (and by classification I simply mean function in battle):

1) Patrol ship--similar to PT boat but different in that they hold a larger crew; designed for scout missions

2) Frigate--typical small ship that I make; about the size of a Patrol ship but with more weaponry and a larger crew capacity

3) Destroyer--medium-sized vessel with the agility of a Frigate but with much more firepower and a larger crew capacity

4) Battleship/Cruiser--ship larger than a Destroyer but smaller than a Supercruiser; examples include the Tigerly and Ronin classes

5) Supercruiser--anything the size of the Patriarch and up Wink

Again, not a perfect classification system, but that's what I have in mind when I make a ship. Razz

@Dino: Thanks! I will try to remember to make that correction, but I will not be on the computer much for the next few days. You will have to remind me via PM or something. Razz

@All: You guys may have 30 Blitzkrieg Classes a piece. Wink Supe, I would love to see a Daragon Inc. refit of the Blitzkrieg Class...hint, hint. Very Happy

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:44 pm
Thanks Scare, (And I had NOTHING to do with the classification argument. Razz *whistles*)

Dino27

cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:36 pm
@Dino: I tried to put the slanted 1x1 pieces like you suggested, but because of the angle of the nacelles (I'm guessing), or because of the size of the piece (which makes no sense Razz ) LDD won't let me do it. Sad But at least I have everything else good. Wink

CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 pm
Construction has begun on the IFS Blitzkrieg MkII.

Progress will be somewhat disrupted, but a prototype is expected within a week.

View user profile

on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:23 pm
LDD is picky about stuff like that. IDK why, but it is. If it won't let you do it, that's not a problem. It looks great as is.

^^^ Dis is gonna be kewl... Razz

Dino27

cheers
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum