Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

War Hawk Class Frigate

on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:57 pm
Wow, I guess it's not starship season on the PCG forum. Razz

In my time of relative inactivity, I have not been idle. This is my newest frigate, the War Hawk Class, named after a group of young, fiery American statesmen in the early 1800s whose love for their country caused them to cry out for war against England because of the injustices the Mother Country was committing against American sea vessels.

The War Hawk Class is very similar to my other frigates in overall design and purpose: it has a split saucer, wings, moderate weaponry, and an agility and prowess in ship-to-ship warfare that makes it a fearsome fighter in combat. It also resembles my PCS Stormcloud and Blitzkrieg Class Destroyer in its coloration.

War Hawk Class Frigates are available to any PCG officer from Lieutenant-Commanders on up. Lt.-Cms. may have 10, Commanders 20, Captains 30.

A particular feature of the War Hawk Class is its two prominent homing “missiles” known as War Hawk Type Boarding Missiles, or BMs. “Missiles” is actually more of a misnomer, for these devices are actually troop transports. War Hawk BMs are designed with an armor-piercing head that can punch holes right through an enemy vessel’s structure while keeping the missile in tact. When the hole is made, two hatches on each side of the missile’s head are sprung, and PCG troops board the enemy ship. Now I know I could describe things a little more technically, but you get the idea. Razz

War Hawk BMs are only available for flagship use outside of their intended use on the War Hawk Class Frigates.

War Hawk Class Frigate Data:
Length—roughly 320 m
Width—220 m
Height—155 m
Maximum Crew Capacity—275 (when War Hawk Missile troops are included)
Maximum Passenger Capacity—20
Maximum Humanoid Capacity—295
Maximum Warp Speed—9.90
Maximum Impulse Speed—3.5
Weaponry—4x rotating phaser cannons, 2x phaser guns, 6x phaser banks, 2x ion disruptor cannons, 2x War Hawk Type BMs, 2x upgraded ion disruptor cannons, 2x acoustic torpedo tubes, 2x quantum torpedo tubes
Shielding—1x Custom Constitution generator (basically the size of a Constitution generator but with shielding abilities almost as good as a Sovereign Class)
Armor—4cm ablative, 2cm titanium alloy

War Hawk Type BM Data:
Maximum Space Marine Capacity—25 per BM
Armor—6cm ablative in head, 1cm ablative rest of structure
Shielding—none
Life Support—sufficient for one week under maximum crew conditions, and therefore can be used as an escape pod in dire situations

Now for de pics!
Spoiler:
" />

Spoiler:
" />

Spoiler:
" />

Spoiler:
" />

Spoiler:
" />

.LXF FILE:
http://universe.lego.com/en-us/community/creationlab/displaycreation.aspx?id=fce3317c-7fe4-4205-9a9c-9c76fca955ab&searchtext=war+hawk+class

Tell me what y’all think. What are the pros and what are the cons? Tell all, and don’t hold back. Wink

God bless,
~Scare~

Last edited by Commander Turson on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium
View user profile

Re: War Hawk Class Frigate

on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 am
Nice ship! It looks very intimidating. Good work!

Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:30 pm
*Snerk* I can just see that thing punching a hole in the ship, and the troops find themselves stuck between two levels when the hatch opens, trying to crawl out under the celiing of one and scramble up to the floor of another. Or worse yet, being blocked by six feet of internals. Razz It's still an awesome idea though! I like it!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:04 pm
^^^ then you aim for the hanger or the bridge Razz

NICE! Suggestions:
The back feel a bit too "light" compared to the bulk of the front (not that it is bulky, just larger) I suggest making the wings about two suds longer, and the nacelles a stud or two longer. Also, I notice you use TItanium armor, which, although certainly great as of 2013, is outclassed by TRItanium (and Duranium, which is often used with Tritanium) of Star Trek.

Other than that.... this thing is great... I love how sleek and aggressive it looks (I know, I say that about ALL your ships. Razz ) keep up the amazing work. Very Happy

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:10 pm
It looks to me particularly like a Klingon ship crossed with Jaws-of-Life, ateleast that's what the split saucer reminds me of, jaws of life. Either that or Takeshi's scissors/sword thing on his mech from Exo-Force.

And I disagree with dino about teh build of the back, it seems just fine. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:38 pm
^^^ LOL!!! It DOES look like the jaws of life! Razz HA HA HA!!! Oooooooh.... pincer action frigate.... kewl idea I just had.. Razz

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:08 pm
Thanks, fellows, for your comments!

@Dino: I will try to remember to make those changes, as I found your last criticisms on the Blitzkrieg class to be very helpful. Wink But I have been so busy lately I am not sure when I will do it, and if I will do it. Razz

UPDATE:
I am now uploading the .lxf file. Very Happy

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum