Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

PCG Indomitable Blade

on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:52 pm
PCG Indomitable Blade

When Tybalt Anderson recieved the news that he was to recieve the Indomitable Blade, he quickly rushed over to the engineers and with a little rank pulling, bribing, and even a side of threatning he made a few changes, some legal, some less than legal, but all designed to make the Indomitable Blade a better ship, in his eyes anyways. The Indomitable Blade lost one of it's engineering warp cores and some other assorted systems where wither lost or reduced in order to make room for it's only weapons upgrade: Two missile launchers.
    These launchers load missiles stored in the rest of engineering. These missiles are similar to those fired off of the Rockfish (but smaller), and with a variety of war-heads fitted to them, including EMP type warheads for anti-shielding, specialized ship killers, and even some sub-space weapons (an example of the less than legal).
    Another somewhat controversial modifciation was the addition of a chain of four omega mollecules to provide additional power to the ship. These where housed in many redundant systems which took up what room the missile launchers did not. The downside to the omega mollecules, other than the danger of course, is that a reorganizing of power systems was neccessary and each warp core is less able to function seperately and simultaneously, which detracts from power system redundancy.
    The only other modifications where greatly improved armor (read: the existing armor's thickness was simply increased from ten or twenty centimeters to atleast a minimum of one foot.). All other changes where astestical, a marroon paintjob, and a large blade emblem instead of the phoenix shown on the original Indomitable.
    Also, while not a change to the ship itself, the ship's small craft compliment has been switched up, losing a few shuttles and filling up much more of the hanger with fighter, bomber, atmospheric, and landing craft.

Missile Launchers:
Spoiler:

I may make other changes later, such as replacing the front hanger entrance with some sort of less than legal but still possibly important weapon, which I will simply retcon in, but this is the Indomitable Blade as of now.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,

Re: PCG Indomitable Blade

on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:17 pm
Wow... That is really colorful! Even more so than something Spud would make! It really makes the ship look sinister! And while I can't say that I like the loss of the phoenix, the blade seems to really fit... Maybe it's something to do with the name Razz
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:29 pm
Nice color revamping of the Indomitable, Ant! Wink You are a less-than-legal sort of person, aren't you? Razz You will have to post a more focused picture of the blade emblem, you know...

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium
View user profile

on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:58 pm
Oh, yeah! I love it! Maroon definitely fits the ship. Nice work! How did you flip the bricks that make up the front half of the engineering section?

Soccergirl: Oh, just you wait 'till you see what I've got cooking. Very Happy

View user profile

on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:10 pm
@Spud: That was dino's original design, but as far as I know I was the first to ever use the technique, you either use some SNOT somewhere and built out from the top and the bottom (with studs on the bottom due to SNOT) or, the way I prefer to do it, is to take four of the circular 2x2 flat pieces with the technic cross holes in them. Put two facing down and two facing up and connect them with the smallest size technic cross axel piece. Then built out from there, essentially building the bottom half, then the top half, and connecting them via that technique.

@Scare: Well, most of my chracters are, though PCG-wise Tybalt Anderson is more than most, I've figured I'm gona develop him into a sort of necessary evil for the PCG if you will, where what he does works so the PCG can't exactly kick him out cause they need him but they don't like his methods nonetheless. I'm debating that character development anyways....

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:16 pm
Sort of a moral dilemma producer, eh? Wink

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium
View user profile

on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 pm
Ant: Ohhhhhhhhh.... That makes sense, and it also sounds kind of familiar. I think I actually tried that once, now that I think about it. The results weren't too great; I'll have to try again.

View user profile

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:05 pm
(Enter Lando's reaction to seeing Han with the Millennium Falcon) it's very... red... it isn't a traditional color scheme for a Fed style ship... but it's interesting none the less. I must say she's an imposing ship if ever I've seen one...

She's growing on me.... slowly. Razz

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:25 pm
I tried several other colors, including various mettalics and even tried to get a couple of metallic blues, but nothing looked good. Marroon was one of my last choices, but it came down to it (too much like my PPT with their maroon highlights). Eventually I was just like "meh, good enough." Razz I couldn't find anything better and it grew on me eventually as well. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum