Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Location : Observing the construction of the latest starcruiser.
View user profile

PCG Shining Star

on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Luxury Class Shuttle.
No weapons.
Not much else to say. Razz

Spoiler:

Last edited by The Blacktron Council on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Re: PCG Shining Star

on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm
First off, let me say that, as an unorthodox man myself, I really like the unique design of this vessel! Also, congrats on giving it detail, despite its small size! Detailing a small vessel can sometimes be difficult to do.

Only two things I would really correct: remove the lower transparent piece and replace it with a normal studless piece, and instead of the smooth hinge pieces (don't know what else to call 'em. Razz ) on the first extension aft, try putting just plain 4x studless pieces on top of the standard hinge pieces.

Sorry, don't know how else to describe my corrections. Hope they make sense. Razz

Aside from those two things, great job! I look forward to more of your work!

BTW, have you considered using LDD to make your ships?

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:43 pm
I think I see what you mean. Razz
We must come up with more exact terms for these pieces... Razz

As for LDD, I personally don't like it because:
1. No unorthodox connections
2. My usual building workflow is much slower
3. My family doesn't have computers which can run said program with reliable speed. Razz

However, I am looking into the program in order to create some larger structures I have in mind, so we will see... Razz
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:40 pm
What Scare said, minus the suggestions, I think it looks great as is! Very Happy Lots of detail on an unusually designed, tiny body. Well done! My ONE gripe is the name, it doesn't sound sophisticated enough for the ship, perhaps Shining Star class instead? Just a tad more refined. Of course it could simply be me. Wink

The ship looks So pleasingly futuristic.

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers

on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:07 pm
Wow, this ship is a beauty! Very Happy So streamlined! I agree with Dino about the name, and what is this about no weapons? It's totally defenseless! But other than that, perfect!
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:30 pm
Well, when I was designing this, I was thinking that it was mostly for wealthy tourists, so weapons shouldn't be needed. This sort of ship would probably operate in UFP and PCG air-space(no wait... that would be... space-space. O_O ), thus negating the need for weapons. Razz

As for the Shiny to Shining suggestion, I like it. Change in effect NOW! Razz
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum