Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

YPI-1 Predator MK-IV Elite Empty YPI-1 Predator MK-IV Elite

Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:18 pm
YPI-1 Predator MK-IV Elite

YPI-1 Predator MK-IV Elite Ypi-1_11

The YPI-1 Predator MK-IV is variant built on the Predator platform. It is the most powerful, and by far the most expensive, version of the Predator. It's sheer firepower alone makes it formidable, but it's four huge engines provide it with incredible speed and agility, while it's enormous bulk is covered thick with armor. It fullfills all roles extremely well, able to pummel star-ships, support ground troops, blow through enemy fighters, or scramble to defense. It is, however, matience heavy and very expensive to produce. As such, it is issued only to the most experienced and most skilled pilots.

It's weapons consist of four eight-barreled gattling guns, each firing .50 caliber bolter rounds. The sheer amount of weapons fire it can launch at an enemy target quickly spells doom for it. In addition, there are eight Heavy Plasma Cannons, effective for turning enemy armor, bunkers, and ships into molten heaps of smoking metal. Next to these are it's eight YPI-M1 Missiles, the same as on the Predator MK-1 Interceptor, which add considerable firepower to it. Underneath it has two internal bays, capable of holding free-fall munitions (bombs), high yield anti-capital ship/armored building missiles, or several smaller anti-fighter missiles.

On the other side of stats, it is covered with fifty mm of Grade A Titanium armor everywhere, and up to 70mm around the vital engines. An internal shield generator compliments it. It's sensor system and powerful computer are able to provide real time paths of other fighters, missiles, bullets, and the such-like, warning the pilot of the dangers around him and helping him to avoid them. In the center of each gattling gun is another sensor pod, feeding back information for weapons.

Similar to the Predator MK-I Interceptor, the Elite has advanced cooling systems, allowing you to fly faster and shoot harder longer. The Elite has piping that runs to the fins, giving the coolant more time to release heat before being cycled back into the powerful, heated internals.

Stats
Weapons:
-4x .50 Bolter Gattling Guns
-8x Heavy Plasma Cannons
-8x YPI-M1 Missiles
-2x Intenal weapon Bays

Defense:
-50mm Grade A Titanium Armor
-1x Internal Shield Generator

Top Speed: Mach 6.4
Crew: 1x

Spoiler:
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

YPI-1 Predator MK-IV Elite Empty Re: YPI-1 Predator MK-IV Elite

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:41 pm
WOW.... that is seriously cool... and scary. Great addition to the Yaka lineup AA! Very Happy
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 am
That is.... scary.  YPI-1 Predator MK-IV Elite 135668778 
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:44 am
very nice. I love the design. Just curious, what do the columns of 1x1 cylinders do besides look cool?
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 am
So I see that you're trying to one-up me in awesome Photoshop skills. The battle is on, my friend. Razz

In all seriousness, though, this is a very interesting fighter. I'm in love with the main body of the vehicle, as the bulkiness of the engines and cockpit give it a powerful look, reflecting its top-of-the-line status.

However, some other aspects I'm less-keen on. I don't fully understand the purpose of the cylinder extensions from the wing fins to the front and back, and to me it only serves to block the pilot's view. If it were me, I would scrap those and flip the wings' fins around, so it stays aerodynamic. Additionally, it looks a tad over-armored. While I know that the fighter is expensive and difficult to produce, I would have made multiple variants: one with the plasma cannons, one with bolter Gatling guns. Few weapons would probably give it a higher top-speed (in-atmosphere) as well! Very Happy

Besides those few improvements, it looks great, reflecting both power and beauty. An excellent Imperial fighter if I do say so myself. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:43 pm
@dino and talmid: the only thing you can say is that it's scary? I think I did my job perfect then.

@jonneh: Mostly look cool, they where actually the inspiring design bit. I kinda wanted to built a fighter that had them, and out of that grew the Predator series. They carry coolant from where it cools things to the fins, cooling along the way and then traversing the fins to further cool, like on the Predator MK-I Interceptor.

@Kojan: That may have been a driving force behind that picture...... YPI-1 Predator MK-IV Elite 1409597221  Razz

The cylinders are there cause *insert what I told jonneh here*. As for over armored/armed. Well, the other variants are the Interceptor (smallest variant), the Fighter variant (still in the works), and the Fighter/Bomber variant (needs to be re-worked). The Elite follows the philosophy of ifithasroomthenputmoreweaponsonitism, as I designed it to be Tyson Malcor's personal fighter, and it sorta became a fighter other elite pilots could fly as well. Yeah it may have a few too many gattlingguns, but that's because it looked too lopside with one on the top left, so I put one on the top right, then the top/bottom looked too unbalanced, so I put two underneath. Then I was pleased, but stepped back and said "whoah, that's a ton of firepower.........I can roll with that." Razz Really this should be Ant's personal fighter. Razz But the fighter and fighter/bomber variants won't have so many weapons, as they'll be purpose built. The elite is just made to handle everything all at once all the time every time.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:45 pm
@the cooling tubes:

I assume the coolant isn't flammable, right? Or a few lucky hits could be disastrous. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:39 am
Of course it isn't, it's really just water a special highly effective non flamable non corrosive top secret substance used by Yaka for coolant. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:23 am
So we shouldn't launch 212+ °F energy cannons at them? Razz

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 pm
Wow. That thing definitely has a no-nonsense look to it. I love it! Personally, I like the coolant lines; my first thought was that they look like roll cage, which makes the craft seem tougher. Amazing job! Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:57 pm
@talmid: no. Razz

@soccergirl: Thanks. Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum