Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

SANCTUS CLASS BATTLESHIP

on Sun May 25, 2014 4:21 pm
Well, I am not back 100%, but as long as I could give 30%, I thought to myself, Why not? Razz

Here's a ship I started working on a good while ago, but just now finished. I left it untouched probably for months, but a few days ago I had a surge of creativity and finished it. Razz

I don't have any stats at the moment, and probably won't have them for some time because of the busyness of my schedule, but I thought I would at least upload the ship and some brief introductory information. Also, I don't have the .lxf file uploaded to lego.com, and probably never will because this thing was made in LU LDD. Wink

The Sanctus Class Battleship is obviously a work of Commander Scarecrow: the split saucer design seems to be his trademark nowadays. It was built because Scare realized, after looking at such battleships as the Tigerlily and Trident Classes, that he did not have a mass-produced battleship to offer the PCG. Thus the Sanctus.

Sanctus is Latin for "holy"--that is, I think it is. Razz It could also mean "called out," or "set apart," according to the meaning of the word "sanctification," which inspired this ship's class name. It is named in honor of the day-by-day conformance to the image of Jesus Christ that every Christian experiences in his lifetime.

The Sanctus is built for one thing: battle. It is covered with phaser cannons, and boasts four very formidable wing cannons. It has three hangars: one main hangar, and two side hangars. These hangars can hold many starfighters, and the main hangar is often a center for receiving supply shuttles.

As time (and memory) allow, I shall upload stats later.

In Christ,
~Scare~

PICTURES:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

View of Main Hangar, located behind Bridge
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

Re: SANCTUS CLASS BATTLESHIP

on Sun May 25, 2014 6:17 pm
Very cool! It has that traditional Scarecrow unorthodox split hull design, which is kind of an oxymoron. Razz

The center bridge section is a bit too small for my taste. In my opinion the front wings should be moved back to start where the back wings end, and the bridge section should be stretched rearward a bit. I would also take the guns off the upper warp nacelle pylons and make the nacelles lower to the ship, which means redesigning the pylons a bit for a more streamlined look.

That's just me. The SANCTUS is already beautiful! Very Happy
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun May 25, 2014 7:15 pm
@Talmid:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate it when people tell me what they really think. Keep it up. Wink

The front wings aren't actually wings: they're a "split-saucer." Basically, just fill in the gap between them and you have a more or less standard Star Trek saucer--but cut a nice rift down the middle, and you have a Scarecrow-saucer. Razz

I can see what you mean as far as bringing the saucer halves closer to the wings...if other folks agree, I may wind up changing it. Smile

Again, thanks for commenting!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Sun May 25, 2014 8:05 pm
No problem, I just hope I didn't come across as sounding rude, now that I think of it.... :S

@The saucer: Ah, that makes sense. Razz
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun May 25, 2014 10:10 pm
(opens and closes mouth without making any sounds for some thirty seconds)

Oh how I've missed a good Scare ship!!! Very Happy She's a beauty, but in a rugged, front line sort of way, WELL done!

The saucer distance to the rear wings is not an issue in my mind, but that's just me.

I think that the nacelles need serious work, they are really, really, really, plain. Save for the studs, which look odd as the rest of the build is only about 40-50% studs showing. I would personally tilt the nacelle pylons outward, and add some joints to the tops of said pylons so that the nacelles remain upright, but are wider apart and more... Federation-y. Razz Also, apart from the wings/nacelles, she looks REALLY thin from a side shot, I suggest adding some more bulk to her engineering hull area (behind the split saucer to the back of the ship)

Other than those couple suggestions... this ship is a work of art! I LOVE how your ships look like KDY (Klingon Defense Force)/Starfleet hybrid designs!

The armor plating, the pylons, the curved wings, the wingtip cannons... She's simple and yet highly functional, WELL done!
I wouldn't call it your absolute very best ship, simply because you have set the bar VERY, VERY, VERY high with such works as the Patriarch. But a 4.5 star rating is FAR from a poor job in ANY book. It is SO good to see your work again!!!

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers

on Mon May 26, 2014 2:20 pm
Okay, now THIS... THIS... I've missed ships like this!

I agree with Talmid and Dino, it needs some work on the nacelles, but the curvature of the wings more than makes up for that little nitpick! This is such an awesome ship!

I really need to build a split saucer now... Very Happy
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon May 26, 2014 9:55 pm
Thanks for your comments, chaps! I will set to work on the necessary tweakings...I think I have a way to combine all three of your suggestions into one...I will upload the refitted Sanctus when I am ready.

In Christ,
~Scare~

Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Thu May 29, 2014 4:35 pm
Gorgeous! I love the chrome detailing! However... I'm not feelin' all the studs left on it. The warp nacelles need to be smooth up top and maybe add something to the studs running along the bottom of the nacelle pylons. Maybe add the 1x2 grated pieces?

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum