Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
View user profile

Commemorative Fleet

on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:43 am
Please post your Commemorative Fleet refits, or links to their pages in your database if you desire, here. You may comment on a ship once it is posted, but please, keep this topic clear until people are actually posting ships.

Have fun!

Re: Commemorative Fleet

on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:46 pm
Okay, here's the first of probably two refits from my engineering team here on the Nathan Hale: Gandalf360's U.S.S. Victory!

I've done very little to change anything, keeping to the original design whenever possible. The big changes are in the thickness of the saucer, the size of the nacelles, the thickness of the body and the pylons, and the addition of an impulse drive in the back. Basically, I just beefed her up. Everything else (bridge, deflector, detailing) I left the way it was because I'm lazy.

Spoiler:

Side view

Spoiler:

Bottom view

Spoiler:

Refit on the left, original on the right

Original is found in the LUCL.

.lxf for the refit is in the new gallery.

I used Spud's technique from the Firefly III when I thickened the saucer, because it was a really good excuse to stare at the ship for so long. Razz

If I have time, I'm going to refit Scare's Norway Class. We'll see if I can finish it in time. Very Happy
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium
View user profile

on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:37 pm
I'll take that as a compliment! Razz

That looks great! I really like the warp nacelles. I really think that smooth upward curve on the nacelle undersides really fits. Nice work! Very Happy

Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:40 pm
Wait, we're posting them NOW?! I thought we were supposed to upload it on the 25th proper...

Hmph, I'll see about finding the time tomorrow to upload mine. Maybe I'll still have time for one more...

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500

on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:16 pm
Spud: Thank you! The nacelles are my favorite part; they just seem to fit a lot better now. The original ones were graceful, but they seemed too small to me. Now the ship can get across the quadrant without warp strain. Very Happy

Mightyman: I'm posting now because, starting tomorrow, I'm booked solid through Friday. Between summer classes starting at college, being a day camp counselor, set-up and meetings for said day camp, and babysitting across town, I have no time to build, and I probably wouldn't remember to post even if I did. I would have waited, but life had other plans.
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:21 pm
Ah, OK.

I'm just a HS sophmore, so I'm pretty much free until September (save tomorrow and Monday, of course).

Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:07 pm
Nice refit Soccergirl. Smile

I still don't know what I'm going to refit.   I can't do one of my own, right? Razz (lazy)
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:23 pm
That's really nice soccergirl! The general thickening overall really hepled that ship, it looks much less likely to snap in half now. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 pm
OK, so I have a refit of dino's ancient Ford class, and I'll get to work on Scare's Trinity tonight; probably gonna do one of Gandalf's tomorrow, plus tie up some loose ends on my side.

Edit- Finished all my CFRs, I'll have'em up by tomorrow. Wink

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:59 pm
Nice refit Soccergirl! I must agree on those nacelles! Very Happy

I think I might try my hand at an alternate universe/pre Talmid upgrades Talmidon. I'm curious to how such a design could have come about... and what it might have looked like back when it was stock Starfleet. (Talmid did give his permission for me to do a Talmidon inspired ship some time ago) But whoever said they wanted to do the Talmidon, don't worry.... they won't look too similar.

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS
View user profile

on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:36 pm
Looks great Soccergirl! The nacelles are beautiful and I love the detailing.

on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:58 pm
@Spud, Talmid Ant, Dino, and PXR: Thanks, guys! Very Happy I think I agree with you all - the nacelles are easily my favorite part!
Commander (PCG)
View user profile

on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:20 pm
Alrighty, here's the Empress.

Open at your own risk:

I know the warp nacelles are ugly. I might have to do them over, but until then.... here's the refitted Empress, Talmid-style.

It is also completely connected now. Smile

There is still one layer or so of original Gandalf360-placed parts, they're on the level of the black tiles on the wings.

LXF file here: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/06e299a8-a4a1-43c2-b363-88c0df5d49a1?index=2&categoryid=64929898-c52f-49d8-b106-c0c36314093c

So, in basic I made it look like a Federation heavy cruiser, with my color scheme and all....
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:49 pm
Yeah, that's deffinitly tamlid style. Razz I agree on the naccles though. Razz And I need a side by side comparison pic.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Commander (PCG)
View user profile

on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:51 pm
Then it's confirmed. Next up: Refit the refitted nacelles! Razz I'll make them full-length and fix up the tops. Then I'll make a side by side pic. Smile
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:55 pm
Once I get a side-by-side I may have more suggestions/demands. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:28 pm
Knock the wind out of me why don't you! That's BEAUTFUL! And pretty much exactly what I plan to do to the Talmidon; Starfleet it.

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS
View user profile

on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:31 pm
Amazing Talmid! It looks beautiful! But as you said, the nacelles look kinda ugly. Aside from that, the ship is amazing! I like the sleekness of the vessel and the detail near the center. Smile
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:20 pm
Yep, that's a Talmid ship all right. Razz

I'm not sure if I like this or the original better. I'll have to see when you get the side-by-side pic going.

Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:29 pm
That's what I'm waiting for. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Commander (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:04 am
Okay guys, here's the redone refit Empress with new nacelles and a redone underside.  And I've got some comparison pictures for the critics. Wink

LXF will be live here! www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/a9278950-7fc9-40e8-a5a4-09d3aa52d994?index=2&categoryid=64929898-c52f-49d8-b106-c0c36314093c

Anyways, the original Empress is definitely the more detailed of the two.  The refit Empress loses the original's central hull in the rear for a hanger, and the front end is also different to accommodate another hanger.  The warp nacelles on the refit are wider and longer.  Overall the refit is smoother, cleaner, and completely connected (last I checked) but loses detail and isn't as aggressive looking in my opinion as the original.

Few pieces are truly shared between the two Empresses. I guesstimate 90% of the refit's bricks were placed by me.  Sad 

As for classification and stuff, assuming the refit Empress is going anywhere in PCG canon, I'd like to call it the Zephyr Class Carrier.
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:56 pm
Very nice! My one real complaint is that the underside doesn't really have much goin' on; other than that, all I'd really like to see is both in the same .lxf; might do that myself later.

Commander (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:06 pm
Ah, I was going to do that but my computer doesn't share my enthusiasm of loading 9000 bricks in the same instance. Razz
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 pm
Ah, I see; can't say I blame it. Razz

Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:02 pm
Well, I must say that overall I like the original better. Bonus stars for trying though, I'm not sure I could handle a monster like that. Razz

There are a few points I'ld like to make, I like the rear of your naccles better than the rear of the original's naccles, although overall I like the original's naccles. That said, I don't think if you took the rear of the refit and put them on the original it would work, as they are different styles. I do like your naccles, but they dont' seem to fit well with that ship IMO. I do like the loss of the middle naccle thingy though on your refit. The smooth/sleeked look isn't working that well for me, I really prefer the original in that aspect. Deffinitly a style difference between you and gandalf on that though, I just don't think it worked well for this ship (it's okay, I preffered scare's basic top to RMM's Patriarch refit where he made the main hull sloped in his SW ship style, maybe I just like originals better Razz ) I can't see the underside in detail all that well, but I think I like yours better, but I like the black stripe on the udnerside in the original versus the lack of it in yours. I also like adding hangers! props for that. Razz But I can't really see that well where you put them, I think I like your rear of the main hull better, but again, I'ld have to do an upclose inspection by looking at the .lxf, which I can't do. Razz the wings I deffinitly like the original's better, sorry. Razz

In all, really good attempt, but I think part of it is, in my opinion, your style just didn't mix well with that particular ship. However, you did do pretty well in certain areas, and for a monster ship, it's hard to do well throughout the entire thing, so again, bonus stars for trying and doing as well as you did. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum