Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

Re: Commemorative Fleet

on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 pm
Hey, the Nova and Geonosis are up! I absolutely adore the new Geonosis; the SNOT hull looks so cool! Razz

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:40 pm
Wow, Ant, those are beautiful refits! Love the way you added so much detail. You have a way with beefing ships up with regards to weaponry! Great job!

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
View user profile

on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:59 pm
I DIDN'T BUILD ANYTHING

BECAUSE I'M SUPER COOL LIKE THAT

Character sheet
View user profile

{Project:Enlightenment}

on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:39 am
So I'll be posting the bulk of the description and whatnot in the main PCG ships section; please leave any comments or anything for that. My reasoning is that this topic is mainly here so all the refits will be in one place, so best not to clutter it up. Razz  (Also I needed an excuse to keep this with all my other ships)

Revelation Medium Artillery Cruiser:

Scare wrote:I know this may look too much like the USS Leviathan Revamp I released, but hopefully you won't think it's a clone Wink. The PCG Revelation was manufactured originally by StarFleet, but when the Federation considered replacing it, the Phoenix Command Group was quick to buy it from them. And it was a "good deal" indeed. The Revelation is armed with 10 phaser banks, 12 tracking torpedoes, 7 turrets and 18 normal torpedoes. Her shields can withstand attacks from Borg cubes exceptionally well, and her warp engines can carry her at maximum emergency speeds of up to Warp 9.95. Pic 2 shows a top view of the Revelation. Pic 3 is a size comparison between the Revelation and Legotrain587's excellent USS Cumberland. Hope you like it! PS to J-red: Could you give me a briefing on starship classes? I know there is the Sovereign Class and the Constitution Class, but I don't know what a starship must have in order to be characterized this way. If you could please tell me, I would be very thankful. See ya around Wink Scarecrow

Overview:
      The Revelation-class is a medium artillery cruiser [because of course it is] designed under {Project:Enlightenment} to act as versatile anticapital vessel for the PCG’s higher-priority fleets- particularly the council-lead Battlegroups. The pedigree shows- the vessel combines the heavy firepower of eight Fellhammer artillery cannons, cutting-edge scanning and targeting computers, various stealth aspects, a relatively high fighter complement, and remarkable FTL speeds into a single, sleek package
      The bling shines through in it’s price tag; for it’s size, the ship is incredibly expensive, and manufacturing time is high. Resultingly, the vessel is rarely assigned outside of primary flotillas in active hotzones, council Battlegroups, specialty assault fleets, and other niche/important combat groups. This has become especially true in recent months, as the Cor Redor Incursion has sent demand skyrocketing- and while production has been ratcheted up accordingly, the vessel has become a priority target among Cor Redor armadas, meaning most Revelations simply end up replacing those lost in the field instead of bolstering additional fleets.
      Still, when properly protected, Revelations can absolutely wreak havoc against heavier threat forces such as battleships and installations- making them highly prized through the PCG.

Spoiler:

(On the list of things that would make your day go from bad to worse, that one should score pretty highly. Razz)

Designer’s Notes:
So some people will probably point out that the Anniversary won't be until tomorrow- which is true, but I'll be away for a week starting tomorrow, so I should probably upload this now. Razz Again, proper descriptions and such will be up at some point later today, hopefully soonish.

Stats & Info:
-Classification: PIA (Artillery ship)
-Role: Fire support, strategic raiding, anti-capital-vessel, counter-artillery, light command/fire control roles
-Dimensions:
      • Length: 732 meters
      • Beam: 304 meters
      • Draft: 98 meters
      • Mass: 3,402,000 metric tons
-Armaments: 39 phaser banks, 15 quantum phaser banks, 12 torpedo tubes, 2 tetryon cannons, 3 EMP torpedo tubes, 2 minelaying pods, 5 Archer missile pods, 3 Oerlikon flak arrays, 8 Fellhammer warp artillery cannons
-Shielding:
      • Regenerative dual-layered; 48 Type 1a generators, 28 Type 1b generators, 33 Type 2 generators; Rated to 38 tJ/JC capacity; ARP: 22.5 seconds
      • Standard cruiser deflector array; phasic and temporal protection; Rated to 9 tJ/JC capacity; ARP: 5 seconds
-Armor/Hull:
      • Single-layered Tetraburnium-Duranium hull
      • helical-type Vanadium-Duranium superstructure
      • 4.65" ablative standard; up to 10.35" near key areas
-Impulse: 2x standard-output reactive impulse drives; 4x secondary retropulse maneuvering thrusters
      • Impulse rating: 6
      • Acceleration rating: 4
      • Maneuver rating: 11
-FTL: 2x custom Fortuna Nacelles
      • MCW: 7.84
      • MEW: 9.92
-Power plant: Stable
      • 1x octodirectional segmented core (main)
      • 3x tridirectional cores (ejectable)
      • Hardened EPS conduits
-Sensory/Comms:
      • Advanced high-resolution targeting-acquisition sensors
      • Enhanced long-range fire-control systems
      • High-bandwidth tactical communications relay
-Crew: 146 officers, 438 crew | 16 shuttle pilots, 100 strike craft pilots.
-Strike Craft:
      • 9 Valkyrie shuttles, 2 Hercules heavy shuttles
      • 4 squadrons of strike craft (generally screening fighters or interceptors)
-Ammo: 1,025 standard torpedo casings, 2,760 strike craft munitions, 370 Fellhammer phasic artillery shells
-Assault:
      • 204 marines
      • 34 Tempest hardsuits
-Other: Cloak, XX shader, frontal-mounted flare launchers

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq6uw1ya882t83b/PCG%20Revelation%20PIA.lxf?dl=0

Comments/criticism/questions/concerns are will be welcomed on the PCG-section upload, as always!

Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Other
View user profilehttp://nikolokaidon.tumblr.com

on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:37 am
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the Commemorative Fleet and how does one find a ship to refit?

Character sheet
View user profile

on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:06 am
Basically we take a bunch of old ships and refit them for the group's anniversary. Razz

As for ships to refit... that's a bit difficult. Razz There's a somewhat-unsaid tradition that is has to be an old ship, ideally one from the LUCL- but the only way to access those is through Talmid's archive. the .zip on the bottom of my Fleet database also has some old ones, mostly from the same era, and with a much smaller file size- though the designs themselves are largely terrible/stolen and badly-recolored, so you'll have to use a bit more imagination. Razz

If you have a really old ships from your SWRP days or something like that, that might suffice- though it does have to be someone else's and PCG-related, so not sure how viable that is. Razz

Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:25 pm
Thanks. I'll grab something that looks promising from Talmid's archive and get working once the originals finish downloading.

Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space
View user profile

on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:15 pm
Ohh, it has to be a refit? Stink. Razz

Aaactually... I have an idea. Twisted Evil Buuut it might not be posted by tomorrow. Razz

Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:41 pm
Yeah, refit-only. No worries, I think a lot of people's stuff is gonna be delayed. Razz

Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space
View user profile

on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:53 pm
No kidding. Razz And is it okay if I refit one of my own ships, or does it have to be someone else's? 'Cuz if the latter, I'm in serious trouble, because I don't really know what other peoples' old ships are. Razz

Whereas if it's one of mine, I'm only kind of in serious trouble, cuz they're also outdated relics that'll probably need to be built from the ground up in order to look halfway decent. Razz

Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:20 pm
Yeah, you're supposed to do someone else's. Razz As I said earlier, you could always just dig through Talmid's archive; it honestly isn't too hard to find something. Razz Just find some random ship Dino or Gandalf or Ant or myself made; if it was on the LUCL, it's fine. Razz

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:40 pm
Uhhhh.... it's Sunday already? Shooooot.... well.... time to dig through Talmid's archives! Razz

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:53 pm
Thought I'd start off small & see how it goes.

This is a refit of the Centaur-type found under Talmid in Talmid's Database. I don't quite know enough about Star Trek to do realistic stats, but I kept about the same number of little weapon-looking things on it, so that should count for something, right? Razz

Top:

Side:

Alongside The Original:

True Colours:

LXF:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=557787

Specs & Lore:

Reverse-engineered from the repaired wreck of a Centaur-type vessel found drifting on the outer reaches of MSI space, the Sagittarius refit provided by Alcel and the Ashi Shipyards takes an older design and reinvigorates it. Carrying a redesigned powerplant, this new ship can support a Mk. 1 OLEP in its main saucer as well as up to 9 Mk. 1 energy batteries. Technicians replaced the sublight drives with an Alcel design yielding the same speed but with less power use, and repaired the warp systems enough to be usable again.

View user profile

on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 pm
And I think you just made the Centaur class look cool... didn't see that coming... (it is a real Star Trek ship class, often used as cannon fodder in Deep Space Nine battles)

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:50 pm
That looks a lot better than my original LDD model. Razz I've done a few Centaurs, I think that was my first.  Your refit looks really snazzy!

ex-astris-scientia has a nice article on the Centaur, and someone built an rl model based on the screen appearances.
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ds9tm.htm#centaur
http://msfm.seryan.com/stephen_l/usscentaur.htm

Turns out building fighters have suddenly become very hard for me... luckily I have an old computer game which I can steal reference futuristic airplane designs from.  And the easiest thing would be to refit something from the archive.  Dino, I remember you built a cool personal fighter design for the PCG council, maybe I could ruin that. Razz

Until then, here's a little thing I did based on feedback I got from the E200 Delta Hawk.

edit: Here's another thing.  I don't think this is getting finished, at least not in minifig-scale.  I like the shape but to make it a plausible craft I'd need to scale it up a bit. Sad

It's ripped off of this:

I think making the wings bigger will give me more room for the cockpit. But gonna sleep then try (and probably fail) to finish an essay before I continue work on this. Darn I'm terrible at essay-writing.
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:21 pm
Okay, so I remember a lot of PCG persons liked the old, obsolescent Supreme Class Star Fighter. With that in mind, I built a new one and while it isn't as graceful I hope you guys like it. It's to all site members for the taking. Smile

LDD File

Read more here.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum