Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Formation of PXE Empty Formation of PXE

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:27 am
Sorry I've been having a "drought" of ships, I haven't been able to get on my laptop lately for issues IRL.  Neutral 

Anyway...

The Phoenix Engineering, or PXE, was formed after the demise of the PA, or Planetary Alliance, following the First Interstellar War, in 2561. (err, what's the year again? Razz) After the formation of the Imperial Federation, in 2564, PXE was formed by a rouge, genetically-enhanced PA pilot, codenamed PXR, at age 16. PXE was a company that manufactured civilian spacecraft, at least, to the Imperial Federation. However, within the innocent looking shipyards and cities of PXE, a massive army was being trained, preparing for a massive war.

In violation of dozens of high-profile legislations that made private weapons construction illegal, the PXE began manufacturing weapons, armor, and starships, all violating the Private Weapons Pact of 2567. However, as the fleets of the PXE became larger and larger, it became increasingly difficult to conceal the PXE's illegal activities. A massive, high-profile "pirate attack" on a thirty-five ship convoy of PXE supply ships gave the break the company needed. The CEO, PXR, publicly requested for the president/dictator of the Imperial Federation to allow a "small", "restrained" production of privately armed vessels, in the "interests of protecting civilian merchant vessels and their crew." After almost a month of dodging, avoiding, and ignoring, the president/dictator of the IF reluctantly and hesitantly agreed.

At the time of the attack, PXE had massive influence on the IF. It was by far the largest and most wealthy company in the entire federation. PXE was even given its own small, uninhabited territory, which was instantly converted into the largest and wealthiest city in the entire IF, and one of, if not the largest city in the known universe, known as Raka Alos. Once again, "pirate attacks" forced the creation of a "defense" network. Many IF manufacturing projects were funded by the PXE, making the IF almost dependent on PXE for money and material. In the approximately fifteen year span it took to create Raka Alos, the PXE Navy expanded rapidly, becoming larger and larger. By 2589, its navy was comprised of nine hundred and twelve fleets, with many starships constructed in the shipyards of Raka Alos, but others from Lyra and Deacaria. In 2590, PXE was, in essence, completely in control of the IF's economic and civilian aspects. By 2592, the company could have been called a separate territory from the IF, with its own individual military (which was supposedly small), cities, and economic system (though the IF still relied on PXE, PXE did not rely on IF at all). It was effectively separate.

PXE continued to expand its military, most of all. With the nearly endless amounts of money flowing into the company, it poured it all into the military's development, particularly the Navy and Air Force. Both expanded quickly, not only because of advanced, cutting-edge technology and the sheer number of factories and shipyards, but because of the massive energy supply as well. Huge solar collecting arrays provoked solar flares, harnessing their energy. (not to be confused with Dyson spheres) New technology was created to try to harness the high energy particles found in warp bubbles, not only as a power source, but to enhance weapons as well. Every planet and city in the PXE was weaponized, making invasion nearly impossible. Citizens in PXE space had to undergo one year of training in one of the three branches of the PXE military regardless of gender and species, at age sixteen (for Homo sapiens). While joining it required active duty, all able-bodied citizens, men and women, regardless of species, ages eighteen through thirty (for Homo sapiens) could be drafted in wartime. As the twenty-seventh century dawned, things began to change in the IF, as PXE expanded not only its military, but its territories as well.

That took a while!  Neutral  pale   scratch 
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Formation of PXE Empty Re: Formation of PXE

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:30 am
Wow, that's quite a writeup!  Shocked 

I like to say the PCG year is 500 years after the current year. So if today is July 4th, 2014, then in PCG land it is July 4th, 2514. I really don't know the actual PCG timeline though, but I'd like to know.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:44 am
We're actually in the 2600s. I'll have an official timeline uploaded sometime soon. It's a little more complex than I was figuring. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:37 pm
@Johnneh: I thought we where in the 2500s too. Razz Whatever. Razz

@PXR: A "drought" of starships? The lighening from a hurricane to monsoon does not count as a "drought". Meanwhile the rest of us are drowning in a desert of starship building, and you have put up four startships in near record time (next to talmid), and gunships besides that!

I'll have to find where your territory is going to go on the map (https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/t167-the-official-pcg-universe-map), maybe you could be where FROST used to be, or by the Veldra Aggregate....hmmm....
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:28 pm
@Talmid: Lol, ok. Razz
@Johnnyred: Hopefully that means PXE is in scale with your timeline. Razz
@Ant: Lol, well, I was HOPING to finish building my Pollux Class Battlecruiser, but the giant OP missile winglet ship is taking longer than expected. Razz And ok! Give me a small bit of territory for now, as PXE is quite small until...err...the PXE destroys the IF certain events happen. Razz Thanks!
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:00 pm
I think it would be cool if the IF was the remnants of FROST, it'ld give me a good excuse to put them there. So if no one else desperately needs FROST for something....
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Why not give them 80 or so % of FROST space?
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:42 pm
@Ant & Dino: Okay! I'm fine with that. Smile If FROST is the IF, then give PXE about 20-25%. Thanks!
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:57 pm
Well I'ld have to check with Johnnyred and make sure FROST devolving into IF or whatever is ok.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:57 pm
@Ant: K, that's fine.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:22 am
I'm just curious, is the PXE supposed to have originated somewhere outside of the United Federation of Planets boundaries?

I'd like to learn more about the timeline you have here, in all likelyhood it'll fit in fine with the PCG/AC/LU timeline that I'm working on, so long as it doesn't interfere with preset things or past events. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:13 am
@Johnnyred: Yep. The IF is not affiliated with any other group, though PXE is part of the IF (at least for now). Used to be the Planetary Alliance, until its destruction. Razz Uhh, okay, I'll post a timeline in a separate topic since I'll try to include everything. Don't worry it has nothing to do with any events as far as I know. (Which is very little Razz)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum