Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

phoenix - PX-5 Phoenix Class Fighter Empty PX-5 Phoenix Class Fighter

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:16 pm
phoenix - PX-5 Phoenix Class Fighter Image10

The PX-5 Phoenix Class Fighter is the crown jewel of PXE. The Phoenix is easily one the most powerful and deadly fighters ever designed. With weaponry systems second-to-none, consisting of heavy cannons, rotary cannons, and missile pods, it can single-handedly wreak havoc on an entire squadron of enemy fighters. The Phoenix is incredibly versatile and reliable, thanks to the advanced armaments carried onboard. A Phoenix Fighter can carry KMR-4 missiles (for use against enemy capital ships), KMR-1 missiles (for use against armored vehicles and enemy fortifications), KMR-3 (for use against large groups of lightly-armored targets), and KMR-2 missiles (for use against enemy fighters). Phoenix Class Fighters are considered "undying" (due to their name), and are designated Phoenix Class Fighters because of their extreme capabilities.  

A Phoenix Class Fighter is a fighter, bomber, close-range support gunship, and advanced assault craft all wrapped into one. Unlike most fighters, the Phoenix features an extreme range due to the heavy cannons located above the wing. In addition, rotary cannons and medium cannons provide exceptional anti-fighter support.  

Though the Phoenix Class Fighter is not exceptionally fast, it makes up with extraordinary agility and maneuverability. What a Phoenix can't outrun or outgun, it can outmaneuver. The rear mounted thruster nacelles are extremely powerful. In atmospheric combat, the Phoenix can take advantage of the two rear mounted rudders and dorsal mounted "fins" above either primary wing.  

Aside from firepower and agility, the Phoenix can also take advantage of its advanced armor and shielding systems. The entire fighter is covered in hyperthermal armor (aka heat-resistant armor, which also aids in minimizing the effects of energy weapons) as well as hypothermal armor (basically for cold/freezing conditions). This allows the fighter to function in any conditions on any planet/planetoid/moon/asteroid/star. The Phoenix Class Fighter is also equipped with the standard shielding grid and absorbic armor.  

Last but not least, the PX-5 is equipped with something not seen in any previous fighters. Phoenix Class Fighters are armed with PANS, aka Pilot Assist and Navigation System. PANS is a computer AI that, as the name suggests, assists the pilot with maneuvering, course-plotting, and automatic targetting. Essentially, it is a more advanced version of the ATS or Automatic Targetting System mounted on older fighters. (except that PANS can do much more than just targetting).  

Armaments:
x2 rotary cannons
x4 long-range heavy cannons
x2 medium-range rapid-fire burst cannons
x12 missile pods (4 launchers/pod)  

Defenses:
1.6 - 2.7 cm Absorbic Armor
0.2 cm Hyperthermal Armor
0.2 cm Hypothermal Armor
Mk. 2 shielding grid

Warp Capabilities:
Mk. 4 Warp Drive: Warp Factor 8.5...

Complement:
x1 Pilot
PANS  

Tried to capture the look of the Cyclone from ARC Squadron in the Phoenix, anyone see the resemblance? Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

phoenix - PX-5 Phoenix Class Fighter Empty Re: PX-5 Phoenix Class Fighter

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:35 pm
There are far to few pictures for me to comment. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:25 pm
Some of the weapons (particularly the dorsal ones) look a little too bulky IMO; otherwise, pretty neat. Can't really comment due to the previously mentioned lack of pictures.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:09 am
@Ant: Lol, sorry, I'll try to get some more up when I can use my laptop again. Razz Cause currently I don't have it with me. Neutral
@Mightyman: IDK, I actually like the dorsal heavy cannons, they give it it's ruggedness and to me, they look streamlined enough to fit the ship. Plus, if they weren't there, the wings would be bland and ugly. Razz And no weapons. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:24 pm
I agree with pretty much all of what you just said. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 am
That is a really nice aerospacecraft, and its role is pretty similar to what I wanted my Star Falcon to be. Smile The only downside I can see for the PX-5 is that it is probably very, very, very expensive to produce. Razz

It reminds of the original P-47 Thunderbolt.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum