Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Lola Class Battleship Empty Lola Class Battleship

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:52 am
Lola Class Battleship Lola_c10

The Lola Class Battleship is a relatively large vessel that is extremely heavily armed and armored. It sports many turrets and cannons, coupled with KMR-19 missiles and a massive fighter complement. Though somewhat small, it's sheer number of armaments make it a necessity in all PXE fleets.

Lola's are well-known for their versatility in combat. The KMR-19 missiles give it long range capabilities. Multiple ShockERs allow it to support other vessels. It's large number of hangar bays give it carrier capabilities as well.

The Lola is equipped with KP-3s for anti-aircraft defense. However, for a ships its size, it features very little anti-fighter cannons, making the Lola somewhat dependent on other ships, such as frigates and cruisers for anti-fighter defense. KP-6 and KP-7 cannons are very common across the ship's hull and 'wings'. These give it powerful strike capabilities against enemy warships. In addition, the Lola is also equipped with huge numbers of KP-8 heavy cannons, making it devastating in ship-to-ship combat. They are located on the dorsal and ventral sides of the hull, as well as on both the hangar bay and missile pod winglets. Several KP-10 Light ShockERs are mounted on the Lola to immobilize extremely large enemy capital ships. These can either support other ships equipped with missiles, maximize the effectiveness of the Lola's weapons, or both. This is a symbol of its versatility in space combat. The Lola Class Battleship is armed with sixteen massive KMR-19 Anti-Ship Missiles, the same missiles found on the Pollux. They give the vessel an edge over other battleships during combat, allowing it to heavily weaken another warship, and finish it off with its sheer amount of weaponry. Finally, a new weapon is equipped on the Lola, known as the KP-11 rotating hyper-energy cannon. This fires large bursts of supercharged energy at enemy targets. Essentially, it has the firepower of an extremely large laser that is charged with a laser (if that makes any sense Razz), making it much more potent. In addition, it can fire one burst per second, and sustain fire for a decent amount of time, maximizing the weapon's effectiveness. It is a devastating weapon, to both armor and shields.

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c10
KP-11 rotating hyper-energy cannon  

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c11
starboard view of Missile Pods C and D

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c12
dorsal view of KP-8s

The Lola also features heavy armor, to protect it while in the midst of battle. Absorbic armor, combined with a Mk. 3 shielding grid and an enhanced version of the hyperthermal shielding grid heavily increase the battleship's survivability. As well as giving a beating, it can take a beating, maximizing its firepower and reducing friendly casualties. In addition, the Lola is equipped with flare emitters, mounted near the bow. It carries a large amount of flares to drastically reduce the effectiveness of torpedoes, which are commonly used by other groups and the IF.

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c13
flare emitters

The Lola's size reduces maneuverability and mobility, and is a slow ship. It features a Mk. 4 warp drive, and four nacelles, as well as two thrusters at the stern. These thrusters are used to increase its speed and agility, and are quite powerful, despite their small size.

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c14
thrusters

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c15
nacelle/nacelle pylon

Due to a surplus number of hangars, the Lola can act as a carrier if an actual carrier is either disabled, destroyed, or unavailable. Both 'winglets' contain launch bays and maintenance bays to equip, arm, or repair fighters. They are also located on both the port and starboard sides, throughout the hull area, allowing quick deployment. In general, a single Lola Class Battleship will hold twenty-four squadrons of fighters. The usual complement consists of sixteen squadrons of Phoenix fighters, four squadrons of Swallow light fighters, two squadrons of Finch gunships, and two squadrons of Fireclaw dropships.

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c16
hangar bay

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c17
hangar bay

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c18
hangar bay

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c19
hangar bay

Lola Class Battleship Lola_c20
inside of hangar 'winglet'

Armaments:
x78 KP-3 anti-aircraft cannons
x77 KP-6 heavy turrets
x52 KP-7 long-range ship-to-ship cannons
x50 KP-8 heavy cannons (three barrels)
x4 KP-10 Mk. 2 Light ShockERs
x16 KMR-19 Anti-Ship Missiles
x2 KP-11 rotating hyper-energy cannons

Defenses:
x4 flare emitters
24 - 29.3 cm absorbic armor
Mk. 3 shielding grid
Mk. 1 hyperthermal shielding grid (prototype)

Warp Capabilities:
Mk. 4 warp drive: WF 8.9...

Fighter Complement:
x16 squadrons Phoenix Class Fighters
x4 squadrons Swallow Class Light Fighters
x2 squadrons Finch Class Gunships
x2 squadrons Fireclaw Class Dropships

Affiliation: PXE Navy

Class: Lola

Roles: battleship, carrier, support warship, assault ship, missile ship

What are your thoughts? Please give me constructive criticism. Wink I'm particularly unhappy with the very front (the bridge) section, so please tell me your thoughts on that area. I think it turned out decently, but not the best that it could be. Razz This is the largest miniscale ship I've ever built, as it contains 8317 pieces. I know it's probably nothing to most of you, but it is for me. Very Happy Razz This replaces the Orion Class Battleship (8073 pieces) from the PA-era as the ship with the most pieces for any of my ships.

Lola Class Battleship Pa_ori10

Btw, sorry if my description is all grammatically butchered and sounds super boring; I feel super tired after an allergic reaction earlier today.  Neutral

.lxf
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Lola Class Battleship Empty Re: Lola Class Battleship

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:01 am
Wow, this one it really superb! I like pretty much everything about the design, including the bridge; it's fine, IMO.

As usual, there are somethings that bug me:
1) light ShockERs taking out Cap ships?! I mean, they were OP before, but now...
2) Star Trek shields are virtually unaffected by lasers. That big fancy laser-thing won't really affect ST ships much at all- no matter how epic it looks. Razz
3) I don't see how flares would distract torpedoes, as they don't home-in on target's light/heat signatures.... actually, I just realized I have no idea what torpedoes home in on. Razz I seem to recall some crew members of the Enterprise (maybe Spock and Scotty? Don't remember) altering the torpedo to track taychons or something like that so they could hit a cloaked bird-of-prey.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 am
@Mightyman: Then what works against shields? Razz Most people tell me projectiles against shields are nothing. I did some research http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Force_field and the only ways to disable defensive shielding are with energy weapons or chromite on torps. And lasers are energy. Obviously it takes a while but it can eventually disable a shield. I didn't mean they take out cap ships, I mean immobilizing them. Razz In TCW, the CIS uses heat-speaking torps if I remember correctly... Razz Glad you like the bridge. And thanks!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:14 am
PXR- Pretty much any other energy weapon, really. Razz Phasers, disruptors, turbolasers... but not lasers. If I recall, according to Dino, even a Death-star laser would only damage a ST ship's shields by about 1%- not because of the laser itself, but because of the plasma residue. =D

When I get time, I'll look through Memory Alpha and see about the exact physics behind energy weapons and such, and reply with some ideas. Wink
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 am
@Mightyman: Okay, thanks! Sorry if I sounded a bit rude (Razz), I didn't mean it to be rude. Smile It was just that I had to edit and didn't realize how choppy it sounded. Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:24 am
@mightyman+PXR: With the introduction of crossovers from other sci-fi universes, lasers have become much more powerful/different types/better lasers have been invented, and now can be quite a problem for ST ships. Razz Atleast, that's how it works as far as I know. Same goes for projectiles, although they do generally work better against armor/hulls.

Although, laser charged lasers??? No, that did not make any sense. I just filed it in my head as "a random powerful energy weapon". Razz

@PXR: I do like it, especially the nose! And the non missile winglets. I agree with Mightyman's complaints number 1 and 3 though. Flares wouldn't distract much of anything at all, not just torpedoes. I'm tyring to think of what else they might be, but I'm feeling rather uncreative right now. Razz And the light shockers do seem OP (shocker, coming from me......see what I did there? Razz )

I also dislike the missiles on this one. Having giant anti-ship missiles was really neat on a few ships, but having them on a too many just seems kinda ehhh....(I'm suprised they didn't bug Mightyman. Razz ) I would just replace them with more shockers or turrets or something, leave hauling around missiles to the Pollux and the Centauri, or atleast give it the smaller missiles like the Centauri...

I do like the other winglets, add's a nice touch to an otherwise long tube. They really help with the overall design!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:33 am
Ant- I'm kinda use to the missiles by now. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:45 am
@Ant: I did not understand a word from your first paragraph. Razz Yeah, a random powerful energy weapon is good enough! Razz And your third through fifth paragraph was wierd; you don't like the non missile winglets, but you like the other winglets, yet you don't like the missiles. Razz The ShockER's cannot DESTROY a capital ship, but merely immobilize it. Razz What do torpedoes track? Razz As to your missile complaint, I feel bad for you, but I'll probably start equipping them on most ships (except for special ones Razz) because it increases their firepower. I might take your suggestion and use the KMR-17s instead, but considering this is a battleship and not a cruiser, I think I'll keep it the same. And plus, for once, the missiles' line of sight isn't blocked by an overabundance of cannons. Razz Glad you like the winglets though I'm not sure which ones you're talking about. Razz

ACTUALLY, @ everyone who has seen any of my ships so far; forget about the ShockERs. Pretend they are random weapons. Razz I want to save the ShockER for a "special" ship. And plus, I don't want to defeat the purpose for the ShockER warship. Razz

ALSO, I forgot to add to my reply to Ant that a battleship without KMR-19s would be ranked as a light cruiser in terms of firepower due to its lack of missiles. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:16 am
First thing I thought: Oh boy, not more KMR-19s! Razz

Not that I don't like them. I think they're cool, but I know a lot of people who seem like they don't.... Razz

So how many bricks are on this? 8317? The Empress refit I did has 'only' 4500ish, and my LDD was already very slow working on it.  Sad  How you guys make these big ships is beyond me.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:40 am
@Talmid: Lol! Yeah, although, it's pretty easy to get used to OP creations by me! Razz Ouch. Sad Crying or Very sad Lola Class Battleship 1968982048 Too bad you can't send computers lol!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:07 pm
Talmid- Yeah, so do I. By biggest was somewhere under 3,000, I believe; no idea how other people make'em so big. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:31 pm
I think this one is the best ship you've posted here so far. Very Happy It has the same general shape as the Pollux and Centauri, but it's bigger and more filled-out, which I like. I also think that the hangar winglets are very well done. This ship actually reminds me of the Republic's prototype stealth ship from SW The Clone Wars.

My only real criticism would be the name. You have this huge, awesome, kick-butt battle machine loaded with giant missiles and it's called Lola? Razz Seriously though, that's the only fault I can find with this beast. Love it! Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 pm
@Spud: Thank you very much! Glad you like the hangars! Smile Oh yeah, I "sorta" remember that ship. Razz Lol, I couldn't think of any better names! Now that you bring that up, it does sound funny... Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:01 pm
Mirage: You're welcome! Maybe you could change the name to the Thunderstrike-Class, if it isn't already taken. It seems to fit the ship, and it sounds a lot more intimidating than Lola. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:04 pm
@Spud: Hmm, well...Thunderstrike does sound much more deadly. Razz Watch out, there's a Thunderstrike coming sounds much better than watch out, there's a Lola coming! Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:05 pm
@PXR+Spud: I liked Lola, it reminded me of the grumpy old lady from teh comic strip. Razz  Plus, it's kinda like naming your awesome uber pwning weapn/ship/whatever "Big Bertha", another of those names that jsut floats around for dreadnought things. Razz  Lola sounded pretty cool, although I did raise an eyebrow when I first saw it. Thunderstrike does seem pretty cool, but I would just call it the Thunder class or something, thunderstrike seems too long. And while we're talking names, every time I see you Spud I think of the scarecrow from bob the builder. Razz  (How's that for a bad name? Razz  )

@PXR: I like all the winglets except for teh missles, because I ddin't like the missiles this time. Razz  And teh light shockers disabling a ship seemed OP, but if you're now reserving them for a different ship, then it sounds better. Razz

As for the first paragraph, crossovers mean we mixed SW, Halo, Warhammer40K, SoaSE, ME, etcetera other sci-fi unvierses with ST, thus we have groups that have made advanced/more power/different types of lasers that are effective enough, the old "laserz R useless argument" has been rednered null by now.  But you askjed in your description if a "laser charged laser" made sense, and no, it does not. Razz

EDIT: something I forgot to mention, on your laser charged laser thing, WHAT IS THAT PIECE?!?
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:28 pm
@AA: You mentioned Sins, and I immediately got all giddy and happy inside. I really need to stop playing that game so much. Razz

@PXR: While it still heavily resembles your other classes of warships, I like this one. The main section (not the gun and missile sections that jet out from the sides of the ship) is a little on the thin side, but it's okay overall.

What I will criticize, however, is a trope that appears in most of your work: the number of guns. I opened the .lxf to find that this ship alone has well over 150 guns and cannons plastered onto pretty much every inch of the ship's surface. It just makes the ship look gaudy and unpleasant. In the future, I'd cut the number of guns by at least half, if not three-fourths, and try adding some other nice little details that don't concentrate ions into an intensified beam or rip through capital ships faster than you can say "supercruiser". Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:32 pm
@kojan: hey now, what ever happend to funciotn over asthetics? PXR here thinks like I do and you used to, "if there's room for one more, may as well, this is war after all". Razz

@PXR: kojan does have a point though, maybe you should force there to be less room for weapons by taking it up with "neccessary equipment" of whatever type.

@kojan: I really need to get a computer that can handle Sins so I can finally have a go! Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 pm
@Ant: Lol. Okay, yeah no more Light ShockERs. Oh, I see, Razz, okay. And what piece do you mean? Razz

@Kojan: Thanks! I can see where you're coming from with thin part, compared to the rest of the ship, it probably is. Razz As for the weapons, well, after all, this is a BATTLEship not a pleasure ship. Razz Though I can see where you're coming from, I actually didn't add as many weapons as usual to the Lola. You will notice the middle section, across the whole ship, is composed of greebling and no weaponry. I was forced to that to give the KMR-19s a clear firing line. Razz Lol, well, most of the inner winglet areas contain no weapons, and the dorsal and ventral sides of the missile winglets are hangars. Razz That's my very bad excuse.

@Ant: Completely agree with your first statement. It's better to look horrible than end up dead! Razz What necessary equipment? Lol, there are shields, armor, communications, systems, and hangars. Oh, and weapons. Razz The crew quarters are terrible and cramped. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:55 pm
Spoiler:

The peice on that gun sticking right up by the maroon bit of the winglet, the peice shows up again three peices down the gun.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:57 pm
Lola Class Battleship Bla11

Its literally called the weapons barrel in LDD. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 pm
Sreiosuly?!? I have never seen that peice that I can recall in LDD, and I spend alot of time in there! Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 pm
@Ant: It's in the section with the connector piece/cross axle (according to what LDD calls that piece) Razz. You have to scroll down. It's after the 16m axle thingy.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:36 pm
mmmk, I'll take a look, thanks. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)