Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Empty AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:25 am
phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b10

The AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter is the second generation version of the well known AAF-1 (or, as previously designated, PX-5) Phoenix Class Fighter. Though its predecessor did not necessarily have any massive problems, the missile pods mounted on board, though plentiful, were not capable of delivering the higher firepower, yield, or damage of the now rack-mounted missiles, due to the small size of each individual launcher. Other major modifications include the extended and lengthened warp nacelles, with the capabilities of a Mk. 5 drive, the addition of multiple SLPT-6’s and SLPT-7, more advanced molecular assembly devices for the missiles, and two cannons mounted under each wing. Less visible modifications are the presence of heavier armor in some parts, as well as the construction of a high power LBMCEG-1, directly in front of the Mk. 5 drive. (visible/shown in a pic later)

AAF-1B’s are the advanced assault fighters of the PXE Air Force. They are expensive due to their excellent balance between firepower, armor and shielding capabilities, speed, warp capabilities, and flight range. Combining all of these traits makes the AAF-1 difficult to manufacture, due to the sophisticated systems, as well as considerably more expensive, due to the materials needed for the specific systems. Manufacturing a single AAF-1B, on average, can take up to a quarter of a rotation (about 3-4 Earth weeks), meaning that AAF-1B’s are often heavily outnumbered in combat against any enemies. Regardless, the AAF-1B’s balanced traits and most notably, it’s large firepower, can wreak havoc on fighters far numerically superior to it. Where the Phoenix lacks in numbers (as with almost all other units in every branch), it makes up with tactical superiority.

The AAF-1B Phoenix is designed with the intent of an advanced, highly complex multi-role heavy assault fighter. Its energy weapons alone can make it quite deadly, with ARC-1’s and HARC-1’s as well as HAAC-1’s and 2’s. However, the Phoenix’s true firepower comes from the various missiles mounted onboard its racks and launchers. The rotating MLP-2’s can carry anything from AFM-1’s, ASM-6’s, ASM-8’s, AGM-2’s, etc. (the missiles shown in the racks are AFM-1’s, used against enemy fighters) The dual launchers, mounted above each landing gear bay, are equipped with ASM-7’s for use against capital-scale warships. And the rack on the ventral side of the Phoenix is armed with AGM-1’s, for use against heavily fortified ground targets, vehicles, or large groups of enemy forces, such as infantry. With extensive missile armaments, combined with energy weapons, the AAF-1B can devastate enemy forces, even when in small numbers.

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b10
rotating MLP-2's, fully equipped with AFM-1's (HAAC-2 also visible to the right (viewer's perspective) of the racks)

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b11
the racks for the AGM-1's

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b12
HARC-2's & HAAC-1's visible, along with the ASM-7's under the wing

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b14
frontal view of a landed Phoenix

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b15
port wing view, showing HARC-1's and HAAC-1, along with squadron emblem

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b16
starboard view, with MLP-2's visible

The AAF-1B is designed to survive in harsh conditions, whether it be in well below freezing temperatures or in the middle of a massive naval battle. Large amounts of absorbic armor plating can protect the Phoenix from heavy weapons fire, while the hyperthermal and hypothermal armor can minimize and almost banish the effects of extremely harsh weather conditions, allowing the AAF-1B to operate in virtually any environment. The "Undying Fighter" is also equipped with an ASG-3 and the HTSG-2, which has finally been tested and proven effective and reliable enough for combat service. In addition, the AAF-1B has been outfitted with a purely experimental DSG-1, which utilizes prototype dispersal technology. (details are classified)

Along with heavy firepower and strong defensive and shielding capabilities, the AAF-1B has another weapon on its side: speed and maneuverability. The Phoenix is capable of navigating in almost any environments, and thanks to its extreme maneuverability and the PANS, can outmaneuver almost any other fighter. In atmospheric environments, the Phoenix utilizes its four rudders, two mounted statically, the other two capable of adjusting. Flaps allow the AAF-1B to perform maneuvers that would normally be impossible. In terms of speed, the Phoenix was already quite fast. However, with the addition of multiple SLPT's, combined with more powerful nacelles, the Phoenix's maximum speed has been nearly tripled, and thanks to its more powerful energy generating arrays (LBMCEG-1), can sustain these sublight speeds for a very prolonged period of time, making it an effective interceptor as well. The enlarged warp nacelles give the Phoenix the capabilities of a Mk. 5 drive, which allow it to travel at warp for long distances quickly.

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b13
aft view, showing the SLPT-6's (smallest), SLPT-7 (central), SLPT-8's (nacelle mounted)

Model: AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2604 - present

Affiliation: PXE Air Force (predominantly)
In service: 2604 - present
Roles: fighter, advanced fighter, heavy assault fighter, bomber, short-range interceptor, long-range interceptor, multi-role fighter

Armaments:
x2 ARC-1's (cockpit area, rotary cannons)
x8 HARC-1's (located above wings in the triangular pods, heavy rotary cannons)
x2 HAAC-1's (located next to HARC-1's, heavy anti-armor cannon)
x2 HAAC-2's (located below each wingtip, heavy anti-armor cannon)
x4 MLP-2's (located beneath wings, rotating pods that can rapidly fire various types of missiles, equipped with molecular assembler)
x2 MLP-3's (located above landing gear, fire ASM-7's, equipped with molecular assembler)
x4 AGM-1's (located on ventral side, racks are equipped with molecular assemblers)

Defenses:
2.8 - 4.7 cm absorbic armor
0.2 cm hyperthermal armor plating
0.2 cm hypothermal armor plating

ASG-3
HTSG-2
DSG-1 prototype

Warp Propulsion: Mk. 5 drive
Warp Capabilities: WF 9.9...

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b17
Mk. 5 drive linked with LBMCEG-1

Sublight Propulsion:
x4 SLPT-6's
x1 SLPT-7
x2 SLPT-8's
Sublight Capabilities: max speed Mach 9.2

Powerplant: LBMCEG-1

Communications:
FIS-XXX
DIS-XXX
SIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Complement:
x1 pilot
PANS

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Aaf-1b18
cockpit, containing the pilot

Cost: approx 956,000 SPXC

I'm actually pretty happy with how the refit turned out. It actually came out better than expected. Very Happy I know some people will say that the fighter is very bulky (probably because of the dorsal wing-mounted armaments, which I understand), but personally, I like the armaments there; it implies armor and strength, but there's a certain grace to it, at least IMHO.

lxf: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/starwars/gallery?memberid=FlamingEagle8

Last edited by PXR on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter Empty Re: AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:33 pm
Whoa, that's one huge fighter, and that's a compliment!  Surprised 

With all those missiles I can see it dishing out plenty of damage to larger, stationary or slow-moving targets like starships, ground structures, and bases. I can't really see it outmaneuvering a smaller fighter like my OP Star Force ships, but the AAF-1B definitely looks like it can last a lot longer in any fight.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:08 pm
@Talmid: Thanks! Okay, not as maneuverable but yes to the last part. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:58 pm
This is awesome. Nothing further NEEDS to be said. More could be said, but some things are simply ahead of the English language, and don't need to be degraded by being complimented with such.

My hat is off to you.

This looks like a flying tank. Ironically, I really like the bulkiness of this refitted version of the Phoenix. (I was eh on the original's bulk)

I must concur with Talmid about the maneuverability though, unless it has some pretty amazing tech that you didn't describe. I CAN see this thing being absolutely screaming fast, in a straight line though. And I don't even want to think about how much fire this thing could take and still fly. Well done!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm
@Dino: Thanks! Glad you like the bulk part. Razz Although I agree with you and Talmid both, I don't know why I said it possess excellent maneuverability. Razz Anyway, thanks!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:04 pm
(Cough) because OP is fun (cough) I didn't hear anything.  phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter 2240416448 Twisted Evil phoenix - AAF-1B Phoenix Class Fighter 3327345095 
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:12 pm
@Dino: Ahahaha, looks like someone else shares my philosophy. Razz Very Happy
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:40 pm
Although it's an awesome craft, I do find issue with the craft's design. First, the wing-mounted gun racks look strange sticking out from the wing like that IMO (but I must say you did about as well as you could have; I don't see a way to make an improvement). Second, the top of the fuselage is somewhat bland; something needs to go there to spice it up (again IMO).

Don't take this the wrong way, I just have a few issues with it. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum