Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

ASV-3 Shrike Empty ASV-3 Shrike

Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:44 am
ASV-3 Shrike Asv-3_10

*Note: Sorry I haven't done much for PXE's Navy for awhile. I'm thinking about starting a supercruiser (though I'm not super worried because I know the Lola is about the same size as far as I know, to many supercruisers (I compared it to the Empress and the Lola is about the same size I think Razz), and the Kalla is even longer than the Lola) since I don't have a "true" supercruiser yet, but still... Razz

The ASV-3 Shrike is a the non-stealth version of the AAF-4 Skylark. It utilizes the external hardpoints and is heavily armed and armored. Shrikes act mainly as dual pilot heavy bombers/gunships, allowing one of focus on flight and navigation while the other operates the manual weapons. The ASV-3 has considerably more armaments: three central bomb bays carrying MLP-2's, one MLP-2 on each wing, the bay behind and in front of the central bays with missile racks, two launchers under the cockpit, and all of these projectile armaments, combined with its large arsenal of energy weapons, make it utterly devastating to enemy ground units and capital ships alike.

The ASV-3 shares many similarities with the AAF-4. Both utilize the same overall design and five bomb bays. Both can carry a large payload of air-to-air, air-to-ground, air-to-space, or anti-armor missiles. (please note that the latter three are pretty much all the same thing while the air-to-air is also very effective against ground, space, or armor, but not as much as the others) However, the ASV-3 Shrike has many more armaments as it is not a stealth bomber, and carries many externally mounted projectile and energy weapons. Shrikes also mount missiles in their frontal hatch, rather than the HARC-2's. In terms of defenses, the only main differences are the ASV-3's lack of RAM, the morepowerful ASG-3, and the increased amount of absorbic armor. ASV-3's are slower than the AAF-4's because many of their armaments are stored externally. (while all armaments of the AAF-4 are stored internally, making it extremely fast)

The Shrike, acting primarily as a heavy bomber and heavy gunship, is very heavily armed. It can deliver a massive payload, thanks to its ten MLP-2's, each capable of carrying a variety of missiles (usually AGM-2's, as in the picture). A squadron of ASV-3's can completely halt and possibly decimate an incoming attack force of armored or mechanized units, thanks to its dedicated bomb bays.

ASV-3 Shrike Asv-3_13
one of the wing-mounted MLP-2's equipped with AGM-2's

In addition, the Shrike has two additional bomb bays, one behind the central bays, the other in front. These both carry racks for eight missiles, which are, in this case, AGM-1's.

ASV-3 Shrike Asv-3_10
as with the Skylark, the hinging tool did not work (I promise the hinges work IRL but LDD got glitchy and crashy), but anyway, these are the bomb bays exposed

ASV-3 Shrike Asv-3_11
bomb bays closed

However, the Shrike also carries two launchers at the front, under the cockpit. These are, in this case, carrying ASM-7's.

ASV-3 Shrike Asv-3_12
nose of the Shrike

The Shrike is also armed with a large amount of energy weapons. A total of six ARC-1's adorn the bomber, used to cut down infantry or take out enemy fighters. Heavier armaments include the wing and air-intake (well, to the side of them) mounted HARC-2's and nose-mounted HARC-3, used to lay down suppressive fire for troops on the ground and take out medium vehicles or to shoot down enemy fighters. The ASV-3's primary close-range infantry support weapon is the HAIT-2, equipped with dual rotary cannons and a grenade launcher.

ASV-3 Shrike Asv-3_15
wingtip-mounted HARC-2 with squadron emblem and landing gear visible

ASV-3 Shrike Asv-3_14
HAIT-2 (with ARC-1's visible)

The Shrike features heavier armor due its direct combat role and higher likelihood of engaging enemy fighters and anti-air positions. It is also equipped with hyperthermal and hypothermal armor. An ASG-3, rather 2, is mounted to increase the ASV-3's survivability. Combining this with the HTSG-2 and DSG-1 makes it very difficult to take down.

Due to its various protrusions, the Shrike has not only compromised stealth, but speed as well. The ASV-3 is decently agile for its size though, thanks to the flaps and massive intakes. Regardless, even the SLPT-9 is not enough to push it at speeds faster than Mach 1.4. Its warp speed is similar to that of the Skylark because of their shared Mk. 4 warp drive.

Model: ASV-3 Shrike
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2604 - present
Cost: approx. 1,010,000 SPXC

Affiliation: PXE Air Force
In service: 2604 - present
Roles: heavy assault bomber, heavy gunship, heavy air support

Armaments:
x6 ARC-1's
x8 HARC-2's
x1 HARC-3's (pair)
x2 HAIT-2's
x10 MLP-2's (equipped with, in this case, AGM-2's)
x2 ML-1's (equipped with, in this case, ASM-7's)
x16 missile racks (in this case, AGM-1's)

Defenses:
3.0 - 5.1 cm absorbic armor
0.2 cm hyperthermal armor
0.2 cm hypothermal armor

ASG-3
HTSG-2
DSG-1 (experimental)

Warp Propulsion: Mk. 4 drive
Warp Capabilities: WF 8.9...

Sublight Propulsion:
x1 SLPT-9
x2 SLPT-10's
x2 SLPT-11's
Sublight Capabilities: Mach 1.6

Powerplant:
LBMCEG-1

Communications:
FIS-XXX
DIS-XXX
SIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Complement:
x1 pilot
x1 gunner
PANS

Lxf: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/starwars/gallery/9d4150b5-21ee-424c-a14f-13a764f213da/?memberid=FlamingEagle8

Btw, sorry for my crappy description, I just felt very tired. That's my excuse.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

ASV-3 Shrike Empty Re: ASV-3 Shrike

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:46 am
Very impressive! My kind of ship... go in, get shot at, live to tell about it, shoot everyone who just shot you with enough firepower to take out a taskforce. Works for me. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:12 pm
I agree with the Captain. This bomber is beyond amazing, PXR!  Very Happy  The only downside I can is that it would probably be expensive to produce and arm, but nothing comes without a cost.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:43 pm
@Dino: *high-fives you* Razz And thank you!

@Talmid: Literally! Razz Thanks!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:28 pm
That nose is a little gun-heavy, even for you. Razz

That being said, I like the bomber (even if it's a bit too "tactically inclined" for my tastes. Razz). You pulled off the "bulky" look very well, but it still looks sort of sleek. very nice overall, though the wings could stand to be longer IMHO.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum