Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours...

+8
Gandalf360
The Blacktron Council
Kojan
PXR
Talmid
Tetrahedron
Dino27
Lord Commandant Jace
12 posters
Go down
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours... Empty So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours...

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:46 am
New Combat Fighter:

Based on the F-16/22/35 fighter...um...directional thrust for VTOL capabilities...there's a bomb bay with about thirty bombs in it... So it's some kind of long-range bomber? I don't know I got bored and ran out of ideas. It's a rough model, but I'm kind of happy with it.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours... Empty Re: So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours...

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:57 pm
Dude.. that's awesome... you did that in a couple hours? Impressive! I like it!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours... Empty Re: So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours...

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:04 pm
Very cool indeed; it's certainly rough around the edges, but for a rough draft put together quickly, it shows boatloads of promise!

Not sure on it's role, though. Will have to think about it.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 pm
That looks very advanced, and it does look very much like a 21st Century Earth atmospheric fighter! Very Happy It's probably very maneuverable in atmospheric conditions, and the VTOL capabilities remind me of a fighter from the Avengers....
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:17 pm
Dino27 wrote:Dude.. that's awesome... you did that in a couple hours? Impressive! I like it!

Thanks! It's not quite what I wanted it to be, but given the fact that I did it pretty quickly, I'm happy with it.

Mightyman wrote:Very cool indeed; it's certainly rough around the edges, but for a rough draft put together quickly, it shows boatloads of promise!

Not sure on it's role, though. Will have to think about it.

Yeah. It's based on a bunch of multi-role/dogfighter jets, but the huge amount of bombs makes me think bomber...  scratch 

Talmid wrote:That looks very advanced, and it does look very much like a 21st Century Earth atmospheric fighter! Very Happy It's probably very maneuverable in atmospheric conditions, and the VTOL capabilities remind me of a fighter from the Avengers....

I would imagine it is, with the fact that it can move its thrust vectors in interesting ways, though I guess I do see the similarity between this and the Quinjet/F-35 lookalike from the Avengers.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:19 pm
Dang... That looks very epic. It really does look like an F-22; just add a nose and tweak the cockpit and bam! But anyway, very cool fighter and the missiles... Just a question,does it feature any guns/energy weapons? Either way, excellent fighter and I just love the intakes.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:43 pm
PXR wrote:Dang... That looks very epic. It really does look like an F-22; just add a nose and tweak the cockpit and bam! But anyway, very cool fighter and the missiles... Just a question,does it feature any guns/energy weapons? Either way, excellent fighter and I just love the intakes.

Right now it doesn't, but I'm looking at adding a pair of heavy laser cannons and a Gatling gun, or maybe a pair of heavy Gatlings guns just as the main armament.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:44 pm
Wow, that's a striking fighter! Spiffy up the tops of the wings a bit and you've got yourself a masterpiece!
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours... Empty UPDATE

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:42 pm
Updated New Fighter:

I smoothed out the bomb bay at the cost of a bit over half the payload, added some detail (aka studs Razz) to the tops of the main wings, a nose tip to the fighter, and a pair of auto-cannons as well as Gatling guns. I'm going to see about varying out the under-wing payload, and hopefully figure out some kind of wing-tip hard-points.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:05 pm
Nice update! The guns are progress, though they look a bit too long or my tastes. Maybe stick out just the tips of the barrels and pretend the rest is embedded in the hull? Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:17 pm
All those open studs... it doesn't look good. Razz Of course, this is a WIP, so that'll probably change...

Other than that, this is a serious improvement!
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:52 pm
Talmid wrote:Nice update!  The guns are progress, though they look a bit too long or my tastes.  Maybe stick out just the tips of the barrels and pretend the rest is embedded in the hull? Razz

I don't think I'll make them that short, but I agree they're a bit long, yes.

Mightyman wrote:All those open studs... it doesn't look good. Razz Of course, this is a WIP, so that'll probably change...

Other than that, this is a serious improvement!

Wahhhh, studs, the basis upon which all LEGO construction rests! Razz
Again, until angle plates are made without studs they're likely to be seen on many of my models, especially starships or fighters. Tanks and Mechs are just easier to detail for me because of all the various interacting/intersecting angles. *shrugs*
The Blacktron Council
The Blacktron Council
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Location : Observing the construction of the latest starcruiser.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:31 pm
I seem to recall that there are certain wing plates which are mostly studless, except on the edges.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:41 pm
Another Update:

Ta-da!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 pm
Now we're talking! Some of the weapon placements look a little too un-streamlined IMO, but other than that, it's looking really epic!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:58 pm
There you go! Razz Now it looks like an F-22 except for the rudders and the VTOL engines. Razz Anyway, looks great! Personally, I liked the old wings (without the wing thingy studs plate) better, but still, nice job, especially with the weaponized wings and the cannons! If you could swing in the edge-hardpoints inwards under the wings a bit, it would be more aerodynamic/cooler (Razz) but either way, excellent fighter.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:10 pm
Mightyman wrote:Now we're talking! Some of the weapon placements look a little too un-streamlined IMO, but other than that, it's looking really epic!

Yeah, it was a bit of a pain to get everything to fit the way I wanted it to since I was working with SNOT wings, so there wasn't as much room to play with on the armament...

PXR wrote:There you go! Razz Now it looks like an F-22 except for the rudders and the VTOL engines. Razz Anyway, looks great! Personally, I liked the old wings (without the wing thingy studs plate) better, but still, nice job, especially with the weaponized wings and the cannons! If you could swing in the edge-hardpoints inwards under the wings a bit, it would be more aerodynamic/cooler (Razz) but either way, excellent fighter.

I'll admit I'm debating removing the top plates, at least on the wings, since the ones on the fuselage are kind of covering the top of the hinges for the bomb bay...at least I think they are, but I'll check.

And you mean the sandy-colored four-bird things? I had them like that but they looked kind of...I don't know, wonky to me, but I'll snap a pic of that angle for comparison.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:39 pm
Those studs.... I miss the SNOT, and all those weapons don't look aerodynamic at all. I'm honestly not really a fan of the direction this is heading so far. I really liked how smooth and sleek the original was.

Anyways, I love the guns, and great work on the internal weapons bay.

And I agree with Mirage, if you could move the under-wing armament closer to the fighter's body, it would help. Overall, good design with great potential.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:16 pm
Dino27 wrote:Those studs.... I miss the SNOT, and all those weapons don't look aerodynamic at all. I'm honestly not really a fan of the direction this is heading so far. I really liked how smooth and sleek the original was.

Anyways, I love the guns, and great work on the internal weapons bay.

And I agree with Mirage, if you could move the under-wing armament closer to the fighter's body, it would help. Overall, good design with great potential.

Well, here's another round of images...and the SNOT never disappeared, thank you.
More Images:

As for the under-wing armament, with the various warheads I can't move it any closer to the wing because of the SNOT design, and if I tried to move it closer to the fuselage then it'd get too crowded.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:33 pm
This baby just keep getting better and better! The one thing I would add is some detailing to the wings/fuselage, but that's all I can really think of.

...well, no, that's not true. The tan missile pod looks out-of-place on the tips of the wings; I would recommend switching the places of that and a weapon closer to the center (but that's just my two cents).
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 pm
Mightyman wrote:This baby just keep getting better and better! The one thing I would add is some detailing to the wings/fuselage, but that's all I can really think of.

...well, no, that's not true. The tan missile pod looks out-of-place on the tips of the wings; I would recommend switching the places of that and a weapon closer to the center (but that's just my two cents).

I would love to add some details to the wings, but I'm not sure how to do so, and I'm thinking of scrapping the tan missile pod altogether, but we'll see how it goes.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:31 am
MOAR FOTOS:
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 am
Yes, it looks much better without the pod; the one thing is that it needs something in the middle, something between the bomb bay and innermost missile- another, perhaps? IDK, although it looks really cool regaurdless.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:46 pm
This is one snazzy plane. The angling engines are great, and while a few of the weapons are a tad bulky it still pulls off a speedy, streamlined look very well. Great job!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:55 pm
I have an idea for detailing the wings. You could paint an entire wing section in a different color, like metallic dark gray or red or blue or green. Smile

So...this is a thing I just did in a couple hours... Yu8OKpD
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum