Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser Empty Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 pm
Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser Capric10

The Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser is designed as a warship capable of dealing heavy damage through more conventional firepower (not that my other PXE ships can't, but they are too expensive Razz). Its powerful engines and maneuvering thrusters allow it to weave in and out of enemy warships and fire, while dealing damage with an array of energy and missile armaments. Capricorns are much cheaper than other PXE vessels due to the absence of large scale missiles, but are highly capable of devastating enemies with its missile pods, huge array of energy weapons, and large fighter complement. That combined with PXE's highly advanced armor and shielding, make the Capricorn a force to be reckoned with.

The Capricorn is extremely versatile and therefore very common in PXE fleets. It is capable of also acting as a command/control ship, thanks to its large communications arrays and sensor banks. Thanks to this, the Capricorn is a popular flagship for aspiring captains in PXE naval ranks.

Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser Capric11
Port side view

Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser Capric12
Bow view

Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser Capric13
Stern view

Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser Capric14
Dorsal view

Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser Capric15
Ventral view

Specifications:

Model: Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2605 - present
Cost: approx. 55.8 million SPXC  

Specifications:
Length: 1,350 meters
Beam: 260 meters
Height: 250 meters  

Affiliation: PXE Navy
In service: 2605 - present
Roles: heavy cruiser, command/control vessel, large interceptor, light carrier

Armaments:
x20 TMC-1's
x64 TMC-2's
x20 TMC-3's
x4 TMC-7B's (new variants from those mounted on the Taurus which are more powerful/six launchers per pod)
x2 SSC-1's
x22 SSC-2's
x4 SSC-5's (four launchers per pod/extremely devastating against shields and armor alike)

Defenses:
23.2 - 27.9 cm absorbic armor

ASG-3
HTSG-2 prototype

Warp Propulsion: Mk. 5 drive
Warp Capabilities: WF 9.9...

Sublight Propulsion:
x8 SLPT-16B's (2/"nacelle" & a lengthier modification of the Taurus's nacelles)
x1 SLPT-20
x32 SLPT-21's (maneuvering thrusters)

Powerplant:
x4 MCEG-1's
x1 HPSG-1 (made of 12 individual panels)
x2 HPEG-1's (in bow, behind each SSC-1)
x16 HPEG-2's (above each pair of maneuvering thrusters)
x8 HPEG-3's (in each "winglet" between each TMC-1)

Fighter Complement:
20 squadrons:
x14 squadrons Phoenix advanced fighters
x2 squadrons Swallow light fighters
x2 squadrons Shrike heavy bombers
x1 squadron Skylark stealth bombers
x1 squadron Fireclaw dropships

Intelligent Systems:
SANDAS

Communications:
FIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Lxf: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/8e4867b5-5f33-425d-ac12-664ac50d24c4?index=1&categoryId=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

Well, I tried to build a destroyer, but it turned out way larger; as a heavy cruiser. I highly suggest a look at the .lxf file, but make sure your computer can handle 6,993 bricks. So, IDK, enjoy I guess? Razz

-PXR

Last edited by PXR on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser Empty Re: Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:38 pm
Well... it takes a certain kind of skill to not be able to build really small things. Razz TBH, the ship looks a little... plain without those missile winglets sticking out- but that's by PXR standards, which for anyone else, is still really good. Razz

...Seriously though, you should try making a smaller ship, maybe max the length of your Nirvo'kor. It would be interesting to see what you come up with.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:06 pm
Looking good! INSANE detailing as always, I see. Razz As Mighty said, I'm curious about what a smaller ship would look like from you, we've got to have something smaller so that we don't grow immune to these big awesome ships. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:21 pm
It's very nice! Very Happy And have I ever mentioned how much I love your starship design? I guess not. I really like the way your ships look! Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:34 am
@Mightyman/Tetrahedron: Thanks! Actually, the reason for the much smaller winglets is because the ship was originally supposed to be smaller. Razz And yeah, I will try but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be good. Razz At all. Razz

@Dino: Thank you! I'll try! The Pisces and Nirvo'Kor I considered small though; for me, at 500 - 600 meters, that's a corvette! Razz

@Talmid: Thank you! Really glad you like the designs. Wink
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 am
In case I didn't make this clear, I agree with Talmid, I really like your ship designs, they look great! Very Happy
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:50 pm
You are very gifted with patience and attention to detail. If I tried to do that, either my computer would go nuts, or I would. Razz

I really like your improvement of your recent nacelle designs. They definitely fit the style and the size of your ships, and this one is no exception!

I would suggest maybe cutting down a bit on the weaponry. I realize it's a warship, but even warships don't have that much weaponry...unless I'm totally off somewhere. Razz IMO, a ship can have lots of weaponry and still be realistic, but there is such a thing as too much for realism at the same time.

As usual, great detailing, color scheme, and design!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:54 pm
@Scarecrow: Lol! Thank you very much though! I'm glad you like the new nacelles too. Very Happy

NO! Are you serious?! I thought this ship was kind of underarmed! JK Razz I'll think about it, but...but...but... *starts crying* Razz The main thing though, is that many other groups use pretty large amounts of weapons (as in, more than I do...I think Razz). The thing is, I want to be able to "equalize" to that amount, so my ships aren't...err...underarmed. Razz I understand that my guns are pretty big, but still...

Anyway, how many guns should I take off? As in like a half, quarter, etc? And which ones (i.e. the central broadside, or the top and bottom, the ones on the slanty thingies Razz)

But I'll think about it. Razz

@Dino: Ahh! Sorry, I didn't see that before. Razz Anyway, thanks!
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:30 pm
LOL, yeah, I think other groups tend to be a bit...well...excessive in their weaponry [yes, Ant, this means you. LOL.], so it sort of makes sense to try to at least equal theirs. But we may always be assured that WE are realistic, whereas they aren't. (This isn't much comfort when you're being blasted away by superior weaponry, though. Razz )

I didn't have any particular place where I thought the weaponry needed reduced. Just a general thinning, maybe like 1/4 of the ship's overall weaponry reduced. I think that if you did that, it would still retain that heavily-armed look and at the same time gain an air of reality. Wink
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:48 pm
@Scarecrow: Okay, I'll definitely think about that. But lol, I agree with you about being blasted to pieces part. Razz Usually, I use 16 stud long modules, and try to put three cannons in three different levels. Usually, there are two cannons on the top and bottom. I'll probably [try] to cut down on the number of weapons in the second (middle) row, and maybe the other two. However, the only problem with this (at least to me and my laziness issues Razz) is that there is more space that needs to be covered by greebling and stuff. Razz

Please note that I completely appreciate your suggestions; don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you pointed that out. Wink But on the other hand, I can't promise you that I will remove some weapons, at least for now. However, things can definitely change, and if other people do that too then I will be forced to remove weapons Razz I may remove some in the future.

Anyway, I really do, honestly appreciate your suggestions. And too many weapons might mean too many power requirements which will cut down on their firepower (you can tell that I'm always thinking about how to destroy stuff Razz), so I might. Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:50 pm
I agree, we have a lot of people with overarmed ships around here... (glares at myself in the mirror) I wish I had the ST. G's stats... that thing was INSANELY overarmed... I don't know why everyone seemed to love it, it was blocky, bulky, poorly designed, under-detailed, and ridiculously over-armed.

At least your ships have the excuse of being very well designed and detailed. Razz

One thing to consider is that each of your weapons could be less powerful (than at present) but with just as many weapons total. No rebuilding (just rewriting) required.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:42 pm
@Dino: Your ST. G was definitely one of my favorite ships from the lab and carrying on now. You are way to hard on yourself. You should have seen my ships! Though I don't remember if I was in the PCG-verse when you first built it, I remember people always mentioned it. And what I saw blew me away. The emblem you put on the ship was amazing, and it was smooth, graceful, but bulky in a good way and powerful. IMO, almost no ship can compare to the St. G, now, or during the LUCL days. So yeah, that's what I would've commented. Razz

AND I KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO! You should refit it! Your new ships are amazingly-well designed, and combined with the already amazing design of the St. G, it would be EPIC!  cheers Very Happy Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser 4273356897 

Anyway, I'll probably go for the second, if needed. Razz Of course, just remember that my weapons are still pretty powerful because of the big barrels and stuff and you know... Razz You can tell I'm trying to avoid lowering firepower Razz

And if anything, I don't know why people like my ships! All they are hinge plates on blocks with weapons on them! Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:53 pm
off-topic: Isn't Star-Hunter refitting the St. George? Or did I miss it?  Sad 

PXR, I like your ships because they are unique. Something I'm not so good at is building ships that aren't Star Trek ships. I did it once when I built my Hyrecipian Fleet, but for the most part they were ovals with guns or skinny ripoffs of Mon Calamari ships. Either way I found a new use for them, painted red.... Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:09 pm
@Talmid: Oh yeah! I remember he showed a pic. But I don't think he's posted it yet.

Well...my ships aren't very unique. I based them off of the corvette transports from Starship Troopers, at least the front, until I started using the antennae stuff. Razz And plus, my ships are also just cylinders with wings. Razz

I saw those. Did you see my comment on the Lego Gallery? Anyway, did the Hyrecipians side with TheDude?  affraid Razz

And I like your ships; they are unique ships based on a canon design, which is even harder, especially since you have to try to make something look like something else! Razz Your Hyrecipians Fleet was  Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser 4273356897 
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 pm
Thanks Mirage. Refitting the St. G would be... tricky... it's a BIG ship, and with my current level of detailing... it'd probably be around 30,000 pieces. IDK how my computer would feel about that, as it complains (but is still quite usable, around 10,000. (It could handle 99,999 when I first got it... sigh... I wonder what I messed up on it? I wish I knew computers well enough to know. Probably has to do with just putting more on it. Razz ) Nevertheless... I think I just may try sometime...

And I want to see S-H's version... if he ever graves the forum with it. Razz

And your ships are great because they have an INCREDIBLE amount of detail!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 pm
You're all too hard on yourselves- and people tell me I'm too hard on myself. I suppose that works out then.

I don't suppose Essaych would be inclined to give us another screenshot, would he (HINT HINT, S-H. I SEE YOU IN THE ONLINE USERS LIST! DON'T THINK I CAN'T!) Razz JK
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:27 pm
@Dino: Lol. I hope S-H finishes it soon! I really want to see it. Razz

Glad you like the detail though. Very Happy

@Tetrahedron Mightyman: Lol.

Must

see

another

screenshot

now!
Razz

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 am
Wow... this is a very, very different St. G... a darker, more armored, much sleeker version... you have my full attention, again. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:24 am
...that's one refit.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm
....OH MY.

OH

MY

GOODNESS.

ESSAYCH... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:05 pm
@Essaych: Oh my baktag. Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser 3239126674 Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser 547843959 Razz I don't remember ever being this jealous in my life before. Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:39 am
I don't think that's the St. George guys. xD
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 am
Then what is this??? It's outrageous! It's impossible! It's Star-Hunter!

Capricorn Class Heavy Cruiser DIwOA97
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:29 pm
"Star-Hunter" is now a verb, synonymous with "MOST EPIC THING IN THE UNIVERSE EVAR!!!!!!11!!!1!!"- as it should be. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum