Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier Empty Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:25 pm
~ Start Entry ~

The Diligent class is a new starship created by the Space Agency as they continue their project to beef up the Space Defense Force.  The Diligent class is the perfect blend between battleship and carrier.

It's main decks are a massive hanger space that extends nearly from one end of the ship to the other to provide plenty of room for fighters, light-ships, and Star-Justice Forces.

Equipped with Light-Warp drives to enable quick jumps from sector to sector, the Diligent and Maverick Classes are some of the new ships of the Space Agency that are capable of trading blows with the big boys in space now.  The Space Defense Force is no longer going to stay a homeguard to Earth, but they'll be expanding to some of the outer systems as well, picking up their job of exploration and helping to protect their colonists.

-Specifications -

Length: 820 Meters
Beam: 350 Meters
Height: 200
Crew: 1700
Star Justice Detachment: 200
Pilot Detachment: 100  (This is split up amongst the dropships, fighters, and Light-Ships)
Fighters: F-114B Phoenix, F-101 Daggers, F-5 Buzzhawks, LL-MM1 Star Hawks, SPX-1 Freedom Fighters, SPX-2 Sentinels, SPX-3 Peacemakers
Light-ship contingent: LL-923 Galaxy Explorers x10,  LL-929 Galaxy Protectors x4, LL-924 Transports x6, LL-6929 Starfleet Voyagers x4
Armor: 8 Feet of High Density Tenatium
Engine: Light Warp Drive
Average Cruising Speed: Warp 9
Maximum Cruising Speed: Warp 9.9
Weapons: Heavy Tachyon Cannons x4, Shock Cannons x8, Light Frap Cannons x16

- Images -

Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier Heart_10

Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier Heart_14

Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier Heart_15

Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier Heart_10

Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier Heart_16

Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier Heart_11

- .Lxf -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/abf7upc785ud9dq/Diligent%20Class%20Mk.%20I.lxf?dl=0

~ End Entry ~

Last edited by Johnnyred on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier Empty Re: Diligent Class Battleship-Carrier

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:25 pm
Wow, that's really good! I'm not usually a fan of your SDF stuff (not my style), but this is great!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:33 pm
Nice design as usual. I like the small catamarans on either side and engines are really cool. Great work! Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 am
This is awesome! I'm with Mighty in that while I like your Space Defense Force stuff, *It's good Space stuff, my mind just get's into "Trek" mode in the PCG verse. Hey, I compartmentalize in my mind. Razz *
I love your Trek designs, and I do really like your SDF work too. But I must also agree that this is... very, very cool.

There are two things that I would change.
1: move the raised rear dorsal big gun closer to the bridge and add a second big turret, but not raised.
2: add additional, lower, deck space over the forward hanger entrance, and add another big turret there. With the barrels resting, it should not block the lower bridge(?)
3: add more smaller guns, it is a battleship after-all.

I LOVE this design! The whole thing is awesome. I love the heavy, rounded/sloping armor on this thing. This ship just LOOKS so good! You make me want to build some SDF stuff for a change of pace...
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:01 am
@ Mighty - Danke! Glad you like it!

@ PXR - Thanks! I took a lot of inspiration from the TCS Tiger's Claw from the Wing Commander series.

Spoiler:

@ Dino - Glad you like it as well! I totally understand what you mean, however, I've been trying to get away from thinking like that and broadening to other styles. (Though not including other elements from other universes unless its specifically tech. Like... I'm not going to have Mandos or Gallifreyans in my stuff.

While I'm not big on modding my stuff (usually it's too much work for smaller details, with my style of building, it's really difficult to adjust stuff.) I might take some of your suggestions. Especially with the upper cannon. The lower canon... meh... too much work. Razz Smaller cannons I can probably do... but I've got a long to do list of stuff to build... part of why I don't take suggestions more often.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:45 pm
I didn't mean to imply a change to the ventral cannons, I meant that you should move the rear dorsal turret back, add a second, non elevated dorsal turret where the elevated one was, and add a forward dorsal cannon turret.

Hope this clears it up.

Also, I do like your designs that aren't Trek. Your Trek work just has a special place in my heart. But to be clear, the vast majority of your work is wonderful, Trek, or not, Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum