Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

RX-06 Chameleon Hardsuit

on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:58 am
~ Start Entry ~

Ok... so... I kinda just whipped this up last minute... I meant to make something else much larger, but instead it turned into this... In fact. I meant to be asleep an hour and a half ago.  Razz

Anywho... the Chameleon hardsuit is a joint project between the PCG and the Atnlay forces to create a light and agile hardsuit with an active camo that is undetectable by all scanners.  While they were successful in making it undetectable, the hardsuit is still slightly visible to the naked eye if you're looking for it.

The Chameleon is not heavily armed or armored, its only fixed weapon is the short sword on its right arm, however, thanks to its light armor and weapons, it is a very fast hardsuit, capable of propelling its pilot faster than the speed of sound.

HA.  JK.  I just wanted a reaction from that.  Nah.  Insert your own reasonable max speed here.  I'm too tired to care.

Also, the thingy on the back is a small engine to allow for limited flight/big jumps.

- Specifications -

Armor - Uh... stuff
Weapons - Sword thingy  Kinda like this...  
Spoiler:
Max Speed - I dunno
Other Specs - Should there be more?  IDK

- Images -

- .Lxf -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62es3c9zjvl89p9/RX-06%20Chameleon%20Mk.%20I.lxf?dl=0

~ End Entry ~

Last edited by Johnnyred on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

Re: RX-06 Chameleon Hardsuit

on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:32 pm
Wow... you were REALLY tired, weren't you? Razz

Anyway, it's certainly an interesting design. Razz I'm not a huge fan of the legs, nor the melee-only thing, but the body has some interesting aspects to it....

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:35 pm
Yeah... there wasn't a big enough sword. And I made the legs when I was trying to build the larger mech. Razz the design would've made sense then. I was really tired and just wanted to finish this. If anyone wants to improve upon it, they can feel free to. Razz

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 pm
How does the engine provide limited flight? Wouldn't that just be a power source for the servos and motors? Unless it's a thruster...but then the "flight" would only be straight forward, and probably into the ground. Razz

Faction : ICS
View user profile

on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:16 pm
First off, let me say, this hardsuit is really cool. I love the overall concept and the color scheme you chose suits it perfectly. However, I do have several suggestions.

I feel that the hardsuit lacks quite a bit of mobility, especially in the knee areas. Additionally, the joints look very weak, and I recommend plating up those areas. Also, IMO, the chest seems a little bit disproportionate to the body, though it's not a big deal. Also, the articulation of the arms seems awkward, and the presence of only a single melee weapon (in addition to a hand-held on the left probably) make it seem underarmed. I think some sort of shoulder or wrist mounts would fill this in. Finally, as Supe already said, the jet on the back would only work for forwards movement. I'd recommend hinging a jet on the legs or under the back.

Anyway, I really like it already, and I think that given several improvements, this would be an even more epic hardsuit. Very Happy

On another note, a hardsuit undetectable through lifeform, heat, infrared, radar, and almost any scanning systems seems, at least IMO, highly improbable. And even if it was, I'd assume this would only be operated by shock troops and elite forces. You would detect the heat coming off the body or the joints or something, unless it was super-super advanced, in which case I'd think it would be highly expensive.
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:04 pm
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. As PXR said-- COMPLETELY undetectable? I mean, adaptive camo, that's awesome. Advanced noise/heat dampening, with polymers instead of metal and nonreflective coatings plus radar-absorbant material, that's all cool. But even with all of that, there are always scanners that can detect you. The best you can hope for is extreme mitigation-- for all intents and purposes, I'm sure it's undetectable, but if they're looking for you and pull out the sensor suites, they'll eventually find you. Of course, all of those things cost money and take up space-- this is a very stripped-down suit, and I just can't see it containing all those features. I agree fully with PXR; if you filled this out a bit, and either replaced the sword with a more practical weapon or added one to the other arm and made the blade retractable, this would be pretty sweet.

Character sheet

on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:39 am
@ Daragon - As far as the engine goes... I said engine. it's not a thruster. It's a lift drive, it works similarly to the GN Particle Drives from Gundam 00. It's mainly to increase the height and length of jumps.

@ PXR - Yeah, it does lack mobility. As I said, I was tired. Razz I just wanted to finish it. Plus the way I made the joints, it would be difficult to add armor to them, though I do agree with you, and yes... pretty much all the articulation is awkward. XD

@ PXR and Daragon - This suit was primarily made for the Sons of Liberty roleplay and was made to be indetectable to scanners at that period, plus it was made using "Atnlay tech" which is much more advanced than anything else known in the galaxy pretty much. It was just to add to the story, in anything else, I don't really care if other scanners can pick them up or not, and I meant simple and scanners like Tricorders or whatnot, I should've specified. Razz Also, there is only supposed to be a very small amount of them, in SoL, I only plan to deploy like... five. Maybe only three.

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

was scary for a second
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:43 pm
I wasn't trying to say it was bad, just pointing out things that can be improved. Same thing, different way of going about it. Razz

No idea what a tricorder is, but I suppose it's a scanner, so okay. Razz

What makes "Atnlay tech" any more advanced?

Character sheet
View user profile

on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:22 pm
A tricorder is basically a multifunction scanner-thingy; you see it a lot in ST. It can somehow tell you anything about anything: what disease someone has, what some rocks are made of, how many peeps are nearby, etc.

For more info: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tricorder

Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:51 pm
@ Daragon - I have NO clue. Ask Ant. Razz

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:52 am
I like it! I would suggest removing the fixed sword and opt for open hands to allow for an array of different weapons... and the ability to use one's right hand for other things hands are used for, typing, grabbing things, etc. I would also beef up the hips with the clip on triangular signs if you can. But other than that, this is pretty nice... good job.

Supe.... because they're Atnlays of course. Razz But seriously, they're a MUCH more (technologically) advanced species than us. I don't recall their very limited public information history too well, but I believe that they are... not from around here. (??? Razz ) They're about as far above us as Columbus was compared to the Native Americans he encountered. They're hundreds of years ahead of us tech wise.

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:14 pm
Mighty- Oh, so one of the ST deus-ex-machina machines? xD

Dino-- then why haven't they taken over? It seems like we would either have evened out the technology, or be locked in perpetual war. Razz

Character sheet

on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:15 pm
@ Daragon - Because the Atnlays are protectors. They guard the universe, they don't conquer it.

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:17 pm
Supe- Pretty much, yeah. Razz

CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:46 pm
Jred-- then why didn't they protect us from the Spectres? Razz

View user profile

on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm
Thing is, I don't want to sound antagonistic here, but saying something is advanced because it is isn't really convincing at all. Unless there's a somewhat reasonable scientific explanation, I'm not buying it. Razz
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:14 pm
I didn't say that because I didn't want to be antagonistic, but...yeah. Razz Not attacking Ant, either, I'm sure he'll have an explanation when he gets back from Basic. xD

View user profile

on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 pm
Guys, you DO realize that there are different civilizations in Star Trek, and that they are NOT all ANYWHERE NEAR the same level of advancement in tech, right? Some species are HUNDREDS of years more advanced than others. Some have been at this space game a LOT longer than others.

Saying that all the cultures are about equal in tech is like comparing a modern military supercomputer to the first Mac; they're related, but one is FAR superior to the other in every way except size, weight, and cost. The thing about Trek races is, it's like 1600's Earth. You have your advanced travelers, and your isolated less technologically advanced cultures. Only in Trek, there are thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands of species, and the various cultures technology levels are VASTLY different because of multiple overlapping timelines, multiple universes interacting at times, trade, exploration, development, certain species being smarter than others, some species choosing to remain isolated, etc etc etc.

The U.S. is a superpower in the modern world; whereas Haiti is not. The one simply has far better tech, more money, and a better military. It's like that, only hundreds of thousands of times more pronounced in Trek. That's why some species are wimps, and some are Atnlays and Spectral Borg.

And, as I recall, they actually DID help with Op Omega to an extent. But even they weren't TOO much more powerful than the Specters. Also, they tend to remain isolated, mistrusting others as they were hurt in their past.

Dino27

cheers
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:49 am
What Dino says is true. No one else in the universe knew that the Atnlays existed during Fires of War except for Johnnyred. Plus... no offense guys... but there was no you to protect. DI and PXE weren't around during FoW. Heck. PXE JUST SURFACED in SoL.

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

was scary for a second
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:12 am
@Dino & J-red: IK. I completely agree with you. I don't expect to find another Tyoe 0 civilization that uses dead organisms as their primary fuel source today, and I won't expect to find another exact Type II &/or III civilization in the 27th century. What I'm saying is that the only reason that technology advances is through scientific experimentation and exploration, and that there would be a scientific explanation for an advanced technology.
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:55 am
Well, you'll have to ask AA for the explanations of the individual Atnlay tech pieces.

And in fact, in Trek, there are many cultures with ancient or near modern tech that haven't developed FTL tech yet. Those cultures haven't had contact with more technologically advanced species yet, most cultures aren't given (by space faring races) better tech in Trek.

I'm now way off topic I think. Razz I actually forgot what topic I was posting in... that's bad... Razz Man that hardsuit really DOES have great camo systems! I lost sight of it! Razz

Dino27

cheers
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
View user profile

on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:39 pm
Wow, this really exploded quickly. Razz

I think the Antlays are just one of those "our stuff has magical superpowers so shut up" cases. Razz (At least, that's my impression). Razz

CEO

Character sheet
Faction:
View user profile

on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:36 pm
DI has been around for a hundred years or so, but just very recently became well-known as a starship vendor. I wasn't saying they should have protected ME, I meant "us" as in the PCG-verse in general.

OH BOY Dino's right. *shuts up*

Character sheet

on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:29 am
@ Dino - THANK YOU.  Razz  Also, toldja it did.  Maybe it also has a member of the Silence piloting it.  It made you forget about it.  Razz

#referencethatnoonegets

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

was scary for a second
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 am
*Pops out of a magical sterotypically-glowing-and-warping-everything-sideways-whirpool-that-makes-everything-look-stretched-out-like-a-bad-gimp-effect* Sooooo....two years later I appear.....Never saw this topic before. Razz

So, to answer some questions:
Tet wrote:I think the Antlays are just one of those "our stuff has magical superpowers so shut up" cases. Razz (At least, that's my impression). Razz

This is actually the closest to the truth. Razz Congrats Tet you win the other half of the mint chocolate cookies sitting next to me.

Just kidding, I'm eating all of those. ;D

So an explanation on why the Atnlays tech is close to what Tet said about it. When I first made the Atnlays my idea was basically this: "Okay, theres always the good guys out-gunned and out-matched fighting some vastly technologically (and logistically) superior enemy in almost any story (especially sci-fi story) out there. So how come the good guys never get to be on that end of things?" And I created the Atnlays, a vastly more powerful race of beings who could crush any race in the milky-way as easily as the modern U.S. military could have beaten Napoleon's army. (actually I think the biggest problem there would be deciding just how creative to be about it, I mean, do we just nuke them? Roll out with tanks and blow them up? Lay massive minefields? Send out of few snipers and let them have a hay day? Fly a couple of blackhawks in and let the door gunners mow them down? Send one guy armed with a M249 versus each squad of theirs? Do we destroy their cannons with Maverick Air to Ground missiles or do we let the boys with the TOW missiles do it from their Bradleys? [endrabbittrail])

That's basically what started the Atnlays. Of course I quickly realized just why the goodguys couldn't have that sort of upper hand, it'ld be too easy. But by the time this happened they where already an accepted part of the PCG-verse and I decided to just run with it. So I didn't use them for just any and everything. They became the aloof "friends" of the PCG, often concerned with their own issues and either unwilling or unable to help. Hence why they didn't wipe out the Spectre incursion in Operation Omega. (And because SH wrote that story, and the way he wrote it did not involve the Atnlays being the heroes, to answer supe's earlier question about why they didn't help during OO). They did fight some however, mostly Ant and his ship. (For example, in scarecrow's Behold the Behemoth story, more on that and OO later.)

Now in the several years since I first came up with the Atnlays (like 8 years ago or so by now), I've changed them quite a bit. They've gone from my original idea of the uberpower protectors that the good guys can call on to fight strong evil people to focusing on their return home (basically trying to rebuild quietly enough until they can fight the factions that forced them to flee, who are also powerful enough to wipe out the milky way). They sometimes helping out certain groups (usually the PCG) due to whichever reasons force them too (usually because their leader, Ant, is friends with the PCG council members, though the Atnlays themselves are not. Ant can't be too friendly with the PCG and use all of his resources to help them because he has to manage the political-social climate of the Atnlays. If he just told them all to go fight and bunch of people like mercenaries for a random faction floating around a galaxy they didn't care about, they'ld revolt and through him out.) Whats more, theres actually a very small number of Atnlays in the mlikyway galaxy, I haven't settled on a number yet but I'm thinking in the range of just a few hundred million perhaps....

And, while I said that their tech is basically "just magically more powerful", that doesn't mean I don't have explanations for it, it's not all "just a more powerful plasma bomb" than the next faction, alot of it I have explanations for why exactly it's a better, smarter, more powerful bomb (maybe it warps space in some creative way to generate a bigger blast).....alot of this tech I have explained, and I really do need to put a full tech description up........later..... Razz ....but yeah, sometimes it is just "a smarter bomb."

Now, the Atnlays are still my favorite race, but since I try to make them do their own thing I try to mostly use my PCG, Yaka, and etcetera characters / ships for most stuff. (So like fighting the Cor Redor I would probably just use Tybalt Anderson, head of Green Fleet [I really need to rename that]). This way I'm hopefully almost never being OP in stories and RPs and such.

Also, just a quick note on PPT tech, because why not?
-They are capable of intergalactic travel, aka, they can travel outside of the milkyway in a practical manner (not just sit at warp 9.9999999 for hundreds or thousands of years)
-They are capable of destroying entire solarsystems and creating lightyears wide catastrophes, this does not mean that this is practical or economically worthwhile (or economically feasible) for them to do, and as such, very few ships are equipped in such a manner. (Think of it like artillery, just because we can make a nuke-blast creating shell, doesn't mean we put nuke shells in all our artillery...actually, we put them in none).
-Ant had to start from the ground up on alot of tech (to be explained), hence why the PPT at the beginningo of the Omega Incident where not actually that effective against the Spectres (hence why the Phantom Phoenix did not destroy the first one when it attacked it and why it was not able to immediately destroy several Spectres during Behold the Behemoth, why this is and why the tech progressed so rapidly will be explained via story, after all dont' want to spoil it right?)

I'm sure that after all that you guys are upset at me and think I should just nerf it all down....but meh....it is what it is, which is basically what it's been since near the founding of the PCG.

Oh, and yes jonneh
Spoiler:
but I figure a suit would be a bit uncomfortable in a hardsuit

As for the hardsuit itself, I think it looks cool. I like the use of the binos in it.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum