Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

Sphere of Influence

on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:57 pm
The year is AD 2602. The Phoenix Command Group has been in existence for only one year, however, since then, they have proved themselves to be a mature and powerful unit.

In this time, there is relative peace, there are few factions in existence*, those being, the Federation, the PCG itself, the long existing Delver Group, the traitorous Scorpion Attack Force, the Borg, and splinter factions of Klingon and Romulans that refuse to join the Federation. During this time, the biggest threat at large is the Borg which Star Fleet has been fighting to a standstill for over a century**.

Little did the Federation realize that in all actuality, little by little over the years, the Borg was conquering Federation space a little a time, in such small increments that it was unnoticeable until one day, a Borg transwarp gate opened up above Starbase 83 and a fleet of cubes dropped out along with a new unknown craft. The following is a transmission from the starbase after the gate opened.

"Emergency! Emergency! This is Starbase 83! We're under attack by Borg forces! I don't think our starships can hold them very long! We've already lost two Galaxy class ships and an Intrepid!"

An explosion echoes in the background at this point.

"N-no! That was our last Galaxy. Please! Send help immediately! They just keep pouring out of that accursed gate! Wait... what's that?! There's some kind of large vessel that just dropped out of warp... it's heading straight for us! Wait... no! What's that light?! No! Aghah!"

The transmission ends here and since there has been nothing heard from Starbase 83, but the Federation forces on the Borg front report that the Borg have been pressing their advance and are rapidly gaining ground.

Aboard Starbase 1, Captain Johnnyred sits in shock after having heard the transmission. He looks over at his friends, Captains Ianrobert and Legotrain.

"Apparently." Admiral Steven "Scar" Hapsenburg says, "The Borg have been building their forces for... quite some time. Probably since before the Z'Ron war***. They let us think they were weak so that they could become far stronger than us. That's we've contacted you."

"What can we do?" Johnnyred asks. "We're still a young unit. Yes, we have had a good success rate, however, I don't know if we have the numbers to fight the Borg yet."

"We need everyone we can get." The Admiral replies. "We're even trying to contact the SAF for aid."

"Things must be really bad if you're trying to hire pirates." Ianrobert says with a small hint of disgust.

"We'll do everything we can, Admiral." Legotrain replies. "But will the Federation forces cooperate with us? You know that the majority of the Admiralty doesn't exactly like us."

"They don't have much of a choice." Admiral Scar says with a slight grin. "They have orders from Commander Andrews**** himself that all Federation forces are to give priority to the Phoenix Command Group."

"But... why?" Johnnyred asks, shocked.

"The Commander knows all of you from the Great War, he served with you. And he also knows your records from the Academy, and how you handled the situation aboard the USS Longsharks*****. You three are natural tacticians and leaders. That is why he has placed you in command of the counter-offensive. Now... while there is much more to discuss, you need to rally your troops. I would also suggest recruiting as many more as possible. This is going to be an all out war."

We open our story in a Cantina aboard Starbase Avalon, the current PCG headquarters.

----
* Yes, there are other factions in existence like Yaka, DI, MSI, etc. However, they aren't well known to the PCG and Federation yet. In this RPG, players will be PCG, or Starfleet specifically.

** Little known to the PCG or Federation leaders, this is an act caused by the corrupt members of Starfleet High Command so that they can sell much needed ships and crews to the highest bidders for jobs (This will be explored in a later storyline)

*** The Z'Ron war happened sometime after the events of ST:O. It's events are explored in a series I am currently writing entitled Project: Excalibur. This details the Space Agency, their formation and their rise to power as the homeguard of Earth.

**** Commander Andrew, the supreme commander of all of the Federation defense forces.

***** The USS Longsharks was a Sovereign class starship that Captains Johnnyred, Ianrobert, and Legotrain were assigned to as Ensigns during their time in Starfleet Academy. Their adventures aboard the ship will
be explored later on in PCG: The Academy Days.

This RPG is going to be much more closely moderated than previous RPGs, I will control the flow of the story, (see Fool's Errand and Fool's Paradise on LEGOZone Power for examples of this style of moderation.) Sub-plots and such are allowed and encouraged, however, I would like to know what's going on before hand so that I can work my storyline around yours. Your ranks within this RPG will be determined by myself, this is supposed to be at a time when the PCG did not have close to the strength that it does today, so many of your with higher ranks now will have much lower ranks.
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

Re: Sphere of Influence

on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 pm
OOC So.... is this where the actual RP is going to take place? Am I going to have to put this in OOC things? Or is this just a prelude to introduce us? EDIT: OOPs, my bad. Razz END OOC

Last edited by Tetrahedron on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OOC-ness!)

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:41 am
If anyone is wondering why I created a new RPG without doing anything with the Unsung Heroes RPG Reboot, it's because nobody but Dino actually checked in for Unsung Heroes. Razz It's still there if anyone decides to do anything. Razz

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:04 am
I'm in.... no one else is yet... Razz

Where to I sign up/create a character? Razz

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:06 pm
I just created a Character Station. Razz

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:10 pm
Sounds like a great RPG plot J-red! I look forward to seeing its unfolding!

I wish I could immediately say "Count me in!" but I'm a little afraid to do that due to a bad habit I have of promising I'll do something and then not doing it. This habit is amplified by the fact that I am barely managing to keep SoL above water. To join another RPG with an entirely different character and an entirely different plot might absolutely befuddle me. Razz

However, if I feel like I can join and actually be of some use, I certainly shall! Very Happy

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned
View user profile

on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:40 pm
Adding this to my list alongside the pirates RPG, sounds fun! Very Happy

......after thinking it over for all of....the time it took me to actually read the first post and scroll back down to edit this one, I may, just may, use Ant for this, however, that will ofcourse be in a reduced capacity, as in, he's not bringing all of the PPT with him, so only three borg ships per hand grenade, not their whole fleet in on mega blast. Razz

I hope you realize I'm joking about the greande it's not really that weak he'll just be fighitng alongside Jonneh or something. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic