Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

PCG Z-9 'Rat' FAV

on Wed May 29, 2013 7:19 pm
PCG Z-9 'Rat' Fast Attack Vehicle (FAV)

The Z-9 'Rat' (as it is lovingly refereed to by troops) is a Fast Attack Vehicle designed for rapid but highly maneuverable fire support for regular foot soldiers. It can be easily deployed and quickly arrive where needed to suppress or clear out enemy troops. It is very lightly armored as it is a dune-buggy type vehicle and favors it's small size and speed over armor. It does however sport a few armor panels made of a strong yet lightweight metal alloy and a bullet proof windshield to stop small arms fire for increased driver protection. The small size of the Z-9 means that it can fit into tight spaces and being lighter and smaller can turn around easier while losing less speed, and should it flip it's light weight makes it easy to flip back over by a single soldier.. It's large wheels and superb suspension mean it can take rough terrain and abusive handling prone to happen in the middle of a fight, and it's wheels are self-sealing incase of rupture. The Z-9 is entirely mechanical (no complex computer stuff) and simple at that, making it easy for repairs, especially in the field. The only exception is a simple HUD on the windshield with some basic info for the driver, though it can display more information if advanced equipment such as a thermal imaging device or a targeting system for a high-powered grenade launcher is mounted on it. This Z-9 is fitted with the standard .50 cal machine gun operated by the gunner, the driver can shoot with one hand and drive with the other if he feels like it. Z-9s can be fitted with a variety of equipment including a grenade launcher or sensor and communications equipment to act as Forward Observers for more accurately guiding non-line of sight units such as artillery or for aircraft. These swap-outs can be easily done thanks to the simple yet efficient and rugged engineering. One other add-on kit is a simple system that allows the driver to remotely control the machine gun via a joy-stick from the driver's seat.

Teh Stats!

1x .50 cal machine gun
2x operators (1 gunner, 1 driver)
108 mph top speed
0-60: 4.6 seconds

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Commander Ant on Thu May 30, 2013 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Re: PCG Z-9 'Rat' FAV

on Thu May 30, 2013 2:13 pm
Wow, that's one sweet ground vehicle, Ant! Again, love the way you design minifigs. The ATV-ish look to this thing is awesomesauce. Wink

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 pm
Why thankyou. I actually tried to make the troops more "modern" like, hence that selection of the visor/goggles, with a sci-fi flare (thus the helmet). It also makes them look a little more like just regular cannon-fodder troops and not awesome and powerful special forces or something.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com/

on Thu May 30, 2013 7:57 pm
Nice buggy. Gunner seems a bit exposed, but I guess having an excessive amount of speed can counter that. Razz
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Thu May 30, 2013 8:18 pm
Yeah, well making the gun, him, and the buggy all go together somewhat well was a challenge. Razz But the idea is mostly speed, small size, and maneuverability. The panels are there for the driver because he can move less, and if he's the only one then he has nothing to fight back with (unless he has that kit).

~/Com|Ant~

Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
View user profilehttp://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:09 pm
It does look very nice, like the real-life Special Forces vehicles. I've been meaning to make something similar after I made my MSI HMMWV analog, which, once I figure out how to do all of this and come up with a real designation for it, I will post in the MSI Marines or Army forum.

"Munit tome'tayl, skotah iisa." (Long memory, short fuse).
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:39 pm
Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for it.

~/Com|Ant~

Lord Commandant (MSI)

on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:50 pm
It'll take awhile, still working on a large-scale carrier, in which my FAV will reside...perhaps I should just work on the FAV first, eh?

Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:05 pm
Probably, then you'll know how big to make your carrier.

~/Com|Ant~

Lord Commandant (MSI)

on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
True...how'd you manage this? I can't get the tires to work...I mean, I can't get the rubber part on the rims...

Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:08 am
If I remember correctly, I had to play with it a while to find the right tires to go with the right rims, and then had to just keep trying and eventually I got them to fit. Try spinning them around if it doesn't work.

~/Com|Ant~

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum