Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

Steamrunner Class Heavy Frigate

on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:48 pm
~ Start Entry ~

Authorized by the Perimeter Defense Directive in the 2360s, the Steamrunner-class vessels were designed for patrolling the Federation borders, responding to border incursions, and for intelligence gathering.

Ships of this class saw action at the Battle of Sector 001 in 2373, where several were lost. Several other Steamrunner-class starships were involved in the Dominion War, and participated in Operation Return in 2374 and the second Battle of Chin'toka in 2375. Several ships of the class were stationed near Deep Space 9 during the war.

(There's not much information on the Steamrunner, and I'm a bit pressed for time so the information posted is from both the Memory Alpha and Memory Beta articles on the Steamrunner)

- Specifications -

Length: 375 Meters
Beam: 270.9 Meters
Height: 79.5 Meters

All other specs are kept in constant with standard retrofit procedures.

- Images -

- .Lxf -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zoja720qvm4jf6/Steamrunner%20Class%20Mk.%20II%20-%20Perfect%20Grade.lxf?dl=0

~ End Entry ~

Last edited by Johnnyred on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

Re: Steamrunner Class Heavy Frigate

on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:51 pm
It looks great! Very Happy The underside seems a little plain to me but it's still great there and a great everywhere else!  The Steamrunner is a cool ship, it's a lot more unorthodox than the Akira, but they both have that Federation-y feel to them.
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:02 pm
Wow.... getting all those angles to line up must've been hard. That alone is commendable, never mind you made the rest of the ship look really good too! Razz The steamrunner is one of my favorites from a design perspective (even if it makes no sense Razz) and you caught it beautifully here. Great job!

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:41 pm
Good work, J-red! I'm not very familiar with the Steamrunner Class, but as a ship, this thing is great! I'm excited about your releasing of so many of your classic ships in Perfect Grade. You've done an excellent job!

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:41 pm
Pure awesomeness. Just pure awesomeness. I'd look up Steamrunner pics and find SOMETHING inaccurate about it, but nothing wrong with it. So I don't feel like messing with the awesomeness. NICE work J-red! I love the Steamrunner...

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS
View user profile

on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Epic ship! I'm not really into classic ST, but this is awesome. Very Happy The building techniques you utilized in this model are really cool. Great job!
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:54 pm
@ Talmid - Thanks! Though, you must admit, when you look up the Steamrunner, you'll notice, the underside is already pretty plain to begin with. Razz

@ Scare - Glad you like it! I've got more to come as well!

@ Dino - High praise coming from the man that knows everything about canon starships. Razz I will say, I'm pretty sure the deflector section is smaller than it should be, but it really couldn't be helped honestly, I don't know how I could've made it bigger but kept everything else in scale.

@ PXR - Danke! I wouldn't consider this "classic" ST. Razz This is from the Next Gen era. If I recall, they're most noticeable in Star Trek: First Contact and in the "Fall of Angels" episode in Deep Space 9. It's a shame they weren't more prominent, I wish that fleet action was used more in the ST series, because seeing massive fleets engaged in conflict is so much cooler than seeing ships go one on one. Even though that can be pretty cool too. (See Battle in the Mutura Nebula) Razz

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum