Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Mariana Class Frigate

on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 pm

This is a little something I cooked up on the spur of the moment, in honor of the brave Americans who fought and died on the sands of the Marianas Islands during World War II. The inspiration for the design of this ship came directly from Johnnyred's Longsword Class Carrier and MightyMan's Arkenstone project. The similarities of design lie almost solely in the fact that this ship SOMEWHAT resembles contemporary battleships...somewhat. Razz

I don't have all the specs ATM, and I forgot the running lights, but other than that, this thing is tentatively finished. As usual, constructive criticism is encouraged. Wink

This ship is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. Wink

PICS

Starboard Side:
[img][/img]

Bow:
[img][/img]

Stern:
[img][/img]

Dorsal:
[img][/img]

Ventral, Showing Ventral Hangar Entrance (Glowing White Portion):
[img][/img]

.LXF FILE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkhlh3vig5upi4b/Mariana%20Class%20Frigate.lxf?dl=0

Phoenix Nunquam Intero.
~Scare~

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

Re: Mariana Class Frigate

on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:40 pm
Beautiful ship, Scare! I really like the top-with-SNOT-in-middle design, and it overall feels very compact and rugged, yet somewhat graceful at the same time. The two possible improvements that strike me are to lower the hump in the back, and make the bottom section SNOT as well (though the latter would obviously require serious revision). However, neither of these things detract at all from the great design; superb job! Razz

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS
View user profile

on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 pm
Wow! Very beautiful Scare. Very Happy I like the armored bulky design, but it still looks very graceful. I also like the guns on the wingtip, although they seem a bit too close to the hull and able to hit the frontal fins. In addition, the ventral side looks unfitting with the ship. I suggest, like Tetra said, using some SNOT instead. However, other than that, excellent design. Well done once again Scare! Very Happy
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:37 am
Gorgeous design! I love it scare!

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:25 pm
I like it! I wouldn't say that is is among my FAVORITE Scare ships... but it is still really, really cool. And the more I look at this rounded, chunky, armored, and yet graceful ship... the more I find myself liking it... 

Well done. I'll try to find SOMETHING about it to criticize as it makes you happy. Razz

As has already been pointed out, the rear guns are too close to the forward fins, the underside would make this ship even cooler were it SNOT, and I'm not a hundred percent sure I like the upper rear design. 

I would add to this that the bridge area could use some smoothing along the sides. Namely, instead of using a 1 x 2 x 2/3 roof tile on each side of the dark blue jumper plate (the 1x2 plate with one stud in the middle, used to attach the "satellite dish" bridge in dark blue ) I would use a pair of 1x1x2/3 roof tiles on each side, but elevate the one directly below the dark blue jumper plate by one plate's thickness. I would also find a way to de-square the forward dorsal area currently occupied by a 2x4 tile in dark blue. I would also add a phaser array to the ventral hull, just like on the dorsal hull. Other than those few suggestions, this is a very good ship. Well done! It's good to see you building again... I'm started to feel inspired. Smile  

Next, to further compliment this ship. I like how it looks a little like a Cardassian (ST alien bad-guy species, not related to the badly behaved famous family) mixed with a Ferengi ship, (another ST alien species) but in Starfleet grey, with Scarecrow dark blue mixed in... well done! 

I also like how some of "my" sloped hull design was used here. Smile  (I discovered the technique from other builders, but I was the one to pioneer it's use within the PCG-verse, so I call it mine. Razz )   

Again, good work. Keep at it! Very Happy

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:20 pm
Thanks again to all you chaps! I'll try to do something about those suggestions you gave me, as you all have been very helpful in the past. Wink

I am down with a mild cold right now (mostly congestion....can't taste my food...feel heady....etc), so I might not get those things taken care of right away, and I also work now, but be assured I will try. Wink

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:23 pm
Oh... fun... and I;m off with a mild stomach bug. 

Hope you get better soon, Scare. Smile

Dino27

cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:29 pm
Thank you, I'm better now. Very Happy Just have some sinus congestion...but it's breaking up. I love getting it all out. Razz

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:38 pm
Oh... thank you for that image Scare.... I so needed that... Razz

Dino27

cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:53 pm
No problem! Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum