Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

EAF-74 Gladius Fighter/Bomber Empty EAF-74 Gladius Fighter/Bomber

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:37 pm
Gladius:
The Gladius Fighter-Bomber is the result of a joint Marine-Navy project to replace the EAF-20B and EAB-17B within the service of both branches. While the Marines welcomed the retirement of the relatively small and somewhat weaker Coyote fighter, there was initially resistance to replace the Badger as its primary ground-attack craft. The Navy, on the other hand, was only too happy to find a replacement for the small design, although it looked to a different design for that role. After much debate and design modifications, the end result of the Gladius makes it an ideal combat aircraft. While it carries fewer individual missiles and has no integrated warhead launchers, the EAF-74's modular pylons - 2 external wingtip, 6 under-wing, and 4 internal in two bays - allow it to fit a variety of mission profiles. Combined with a pair of heavier laser cannons and the same pair of rotary cannons, and an improved sensor suite due in part to the integrated astromech unit, and an overall better design, the Gladius is now operated as the sole fixed-wing aircraft in the Marines.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

EAF-74 Gladius Fighter/Bomber Empty Re: EAF-74 Gladius Fighter/Bomber

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:48 pm
Looks great! Very Happy I like the connecting system you used for the wing-mounted munitions.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:17 pm
Nice! Like Talmid said, the connection system you used for the weapons is very good. The only thing wrong with it in my opinion is that the rectangular tiles on the wings disrupt the sleekness of the plane, but that's just me nitpicking. Great job! Very Happy
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:42 pm
Talmid: Thanks! I wanted something modular, and now I have it, so that makes me pretty happy.

Spud: If you're talking about the tiles on either side of the fuselage, that's because I couldn't cover the internal bays in any other manner and still have them be functional. Besides, this ain't made t' be pretty, it's made t' wreck things! Razz Twisted Evil
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:41 am
Lord Commandant Jace wrote: Besides, this ain't made t' be pretty, it's made t' wreck things! Razz Twisted Evil

That's the spirit! Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:48 am
Jace: Ah, I see. Well, in that case, wreck away! Twisted Evil
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum: