Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Privateers, Pirates and Mercenaries! - Page 4 Empty Re: Privateers, Pirates and Mercenaries!

Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:55 pm
HAND OVER THE CUCUMBER AND NOBODY GET'S HURT, CAP'N CRUNCH! 

And no, you don't look good in leggings and you really do stink at ping-pong.

great.... just great... now I have that song stuck in my head. Razz 
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Privateers, Pirates and Mercenaries! - Page 4 Empty Re: Privateers, Pirates and Mercenaries!

Sun May 10, 2015 9:43 am
[OOC] *BUMP*

...so... are we waiting on me? Razz [/OOC]
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Sun May 10, 2015 11:14 am
Tetra: Sorta. Razz I needz a good map so as to specify where you guys start at. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Privateers, Pirates and Mercenaries! - Page 4 Empty Tetra Comes Through Again!

Sun May 10, 2015 11:24 am
[OOC] Oh, right, that. On it!

EDIT: Here you go!
Version 3.0:

Map Key:

If you look in the top right, you can see a small group of red pixels; that's a microfigure representative of the Hades' Gate. Basically, I (Or Arik, or whomever) will move it around the map as we go different places. If anyone else goes somewhere, else, I'll get a different colored one and use that; that way, we can keep track of where everyone is. Razz

EDIT: Forgot the Dropbox link. Again.
Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1lxb8yse4s5vqt/PPM%20Map%203.0.lxf?dl=0
[/OOC]

Last edited by Tetrahedron on Sun May 10, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Map! And Dropbox!)
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sun May 10, 2015 3:38 pm
{OOC} That's a pretty sweet map ya got there. Razz Me likey. However, it's gonna be hard to determine where the Hades Gate or any other ships are. {End OOC}
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm
[OOC] Yeah... we might want to work on that. Razz [/OOC]
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun May 10, 2015 3:41 pm
{OOC} *goes into LDD to make a Micro Hades Gate* {End OOC}
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun May 10, 2015 3:44 pm
[OOC] Well, again, there's always the microfigure to record where we are on the map; it's deciding where anywhere on the map is is the problem. Razz [/OOC]
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun May 10, 2015 3:48 pm
{OOC} Considering the size of your map, a Microfigure is really small to determine a position. There's multiple other things on the map that look like Microfigures as well. {End OOC}
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun May 10, 2015 3:58 pm
[OOC] So here's where Arik said we are, for future reference:

Location of Hades' Gate:

[/OOC]
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:07 pm
{OOC} Someone *cough*Arik*cough* needs to do something on with the RPG {/End OOC}
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:01 pm
The transceiver let out a beep, signaling that the coordinates had been received. The coordinates: an obscure warp route two systems' distance away. Commerce on this route was almost non-existent...

[OOC] So, you've got "90 hours" to get there before things go down. Translation, do whatever you want to get "prepared" (if anything), then go there and you'll magically be right on time. Razz [/OOC]
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Privateers, Pirates and Mercenaries! - Page 4 Empty THE PLOT BEGINS

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:46 pm
[OOC] Just for clarification, warp drives aren't restricted to "routes" like hyperdrives; they can go anywhere they want. The idea of trade routes here probably either denotes transwarp nodes, or just a series of pit stops, minor entrepôts, and other locations merchants would want to visit (I'd say the latter would be more likely, simply because transwarp nodes are only now becoming anywhere-close to standard on military ships; there's no way any civilian could get them- or, at least not in the quantities required to equip a whole freighter fleet). JSYK. [/OOC]

Talvis cut the transmission, got out of his chair, and beelined for the bridge. On the way, he tapped his personal communicator and ordered the communications crew to contact the fleet; they were to meet the Hades' Gate at Chesapeake Bay within 1800 hours at the latest. This op could be big- and he needed every ounce of firepower he could get.

Black Princes-operated station Chesapeake Bay- three hours later.

A Takeda Beta, it's markings indicating it as the Black Princes vessel Bonesplitter, frantically fired it's RCS thrusters as the Hades' Gate barreled towards the docking port it had just claimed from the cartel vessel. Though his exterior remained as cold as ever, Talvis smiled internally; ever since a certain Sons of Blackbeard Zeerover had been smashed for not getting out of the way quick enough, most captains were wise enough to cede the right-of-way to his behemoth- few ships could survive even a glancing collision with her, and those that could were finished off by it’s disruptor batteries soon enough.
    As the docking tubes extended into the receival area, Talvis Turned to his officers and began to bark orders: “Quartermaster, I want full stock taken of our supplies, and get men into the bazaars; we may need to unload certain low-value items in exchange for something useful. Comms, have my officers assembled as soon as the fleet has regrouped. Helm, prepare for sudden departure, if need be,” he paused, “and someone get our contact on the line; we may need him. Dismissed,”

[OOC] Ant, J-red, that’s your signal. I’m working on the assumption that everyone else is away doing odd jobs or whatever, so J-red will probably be warping in on the Dark Flame. Ant, you’re my mysterious contact, so one of my guys will probably be making contact with you or something. Razz Also, Arik, I’d like a complete list of my hold- how much of each resource do I have, how much of each currency, everything I can sell off on the black market, etc.; I’m planning on some wheeling and dealing. Razz Also, should I update the map with our current position? I think we moved to a different node or something. Actually, we were already at a hub. Never mind. Razz [/OOC]

Last edited by Tetrahedron on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction!)
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:00 pm
{OOC} I'm assuming our pirate fleet's name is the "Black Princes"? {/End OOC}

"Captain Hawkins, we're being hailed by Hades Gate."

Captain Errol Hawkins, commander of the Dark Flame, strode across the bridge of his ship to the comms station where IQ-10, the ship's AI/Cybernetic Assistant was stationed.

"What do they want, IQ?"

"We're being ordered to report to the Chesapeake Bay. I guess Captain Talvis has something big planned."

"Very well then. Set course for Chesapeake Bay, maximum warp."

A few hours later, the Dark Flame was dropping out of warp alongside the Hades Gate

"IQ, patch us in to the Hades comms."
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:51 pm
@jonneh: I think Black Princes is another cartel separate from the fleet.

*Turtrell was still sitting at his computer station when a reply came across his secure channel.* Spark is at the Cream Pie Inn. *Turtrell jumped up and poked his head out the door.* Helm, straight for Chesapeake Bay, now. *The ship turned away from it's previous route towards the fat shipping lanes of the Romulans and headed towards the Hades Gate's location.*

*Meanwhile, a rather standard looking blackmarket dealer slouched near the entrance where plenty of the Hades Gate crew would be coming in, waiting to make contact for Turtrell.*
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:54 pm
{OOC} Then what the heck is our name? Razz {/End OOC}
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 pm
[OOC] Ant's right; the Hades' Gate's reputation proceeds it, so we can essentially borrow any docking port we want. Razz

And yeah, we need a name. Pretty badly. Razz [/OOC]
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:23 am
{OOC} I'm also waiting for a communication from the Hades' Gate. Razz {/End OOC}
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:41 pm
[OOC] And I'm waiting on Arik with the supply lists. Razz [/OOC]
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:50 pm
OOC: Make them up, you have fourteen military grade shiva nukes, a ton of covenant carbines, a disassimilated drone, fourteen short tons of duranium, six damaged klingon capital ship disruptors, seventeen thousand deck screws, and a spare side of macncheese from last night's dinner. Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:18 pm
[OOC] Honestly... Just make it up, yeah. Razz I have absolutely no idea, and I don't have the time or energy to figure it out. Razz [/OOC]
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:07 pm
Stores:

Talvis finished reviewing his QM's report. He looked up and ordered him to inform Talvis when his dealers were in position, dismissing him with a slight nod. No sooner had the quartermaster left than one of the comms officer looked up, saying "Sir! Dark Flame just appeared on sensors, ten thousand klicks out... they're hailing," "Tell Captain Hakins to beam over immediately," Talvis simply replied. This was good; he regarded Errol as somewhat of a loose cannon, so the fact that he had arrived so quickly implied that he understood the gravity of the situation. As the comms man relayed the order, Talvis put a senior officer on the conn and retired to his conference room.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:38 pm
Captain Hawkins beamed over leaving his first mate in command. He was greeted in the transporter room by one of the lower ranking officers who informed him that he was to report to the conference room. Arriving there he knocked on the door, given the command to enter, he swiftly stepped inside the door that swished quickly open in front of him.

{OOC} I'd normally make a more colorful post but I'm on my phone right now. Razz {/End OOC}
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:05 pm
Talvis glanced up at the captain's entrance, then motioned him to sit down. "We have a new offer," he began immediately, not bothering with pleasantries, "Fifty thousand Standard Transaction Units to attack and destroy a dilithium convoy- of which, fifteen thousand has already been received. We may take what we wish once the convoy is destroyed," Talvis tapped a button on his PDA, displaying a holographic map above the center of the large table that dominated the room. Two small blips near Klingon space indicated their position and the intercept point. Talvis continued: "The ambush point is here, a couple lightyears from the nearest checkpoint. It will reach here in exactly... eighty-seven hours and twenty-two minutes, give or take. To answer your inevitable question, the contact was vague about any defenses or the convoy's operators- to be honest, this is likely either an ambush or some back-room political move. Any questions?"
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 pm
"Yeah. Why?" Hawkins said with a grim look. "No one just pays a bunch of pirates to take a convoy and gain a free small fortune in Dilithium. There's a bigger picture here and I don't like it. What's in this for our contact? There's something they're not telling us. I'm not saying that we shouldn't do it or that I'm not with you, I'm just saying that this is trouble and we need to be on our toes. Now that I've gotten that off my chest, what's our plan and what do you need me to do?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum