Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Re: The Banshee

on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:17 pm
(Jaw drops through floor, through first story garage floor, and burrows twenty feet into ground.) 

Oh..... my.... goodness....

It's beautiful... 

I find myself unable to express my feelings about this ship. 

Love at first site is real... because I fell in love with this ship at first site. Razz

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

The Designer's Evaluation

on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:55 pm
Let me start off by saying I find it rather ironic the Zeerover is the one to be refitted by S-H; TBCH, the Plunderaar (as it was called then) was one of my least favorite of the entire batch. I had no idea everyone would like it or the "refit" that much. Razz

That said, on to the ship at hand. The Banshee is, in some ways, the polar opposite of the Zeerover Beta: it's slick, clean, hi-tech... basically, everything the Zeerover isn't. Razz I love the new nacelles; the shape is great, and I really like trans-purple. Razz I absolutely adore what you did with the red syringes, the boxes built into the hull, the top and bottom bridge- pretty much everything. Heck, even the coloration is a straight-up improvement! My gut reaction was to call it some reverse-engineered police variant of standard Zeerovers, it just has that killer look. Razz

Alas; while the ship is overall amazing, as original designer, I have some minor nitpicky issues. Razz Firstly, it has no impulse engines- or nav. deflector, for that matter. It's a minor thing, but it's somewhat of an oddity thematically. Razz Secondly, the underside of the saucer is slightly flat without any kind of protruding bridge structure, though this is quite possibly me. Razz Aaaaand... that's about it. As I said, I was really digging for issues. Razz

Overall, fantastic remake, I must say. Aside from a few minor things from the creator, stellar work!

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:52 pm
I'd say it's the epitome of no studs showing.
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium
View user profile

on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:42 pm
Two words: it's GORGEOUS! Razz

Seriously though, this is one awesome bit of kit. Aside from the stern looking a bit boxy, I can't find anything wrong with it. Very Happy Those off-center cannons/sensor arrays are beautiful. This is definitely one of my favorites of yours. Razz

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum