Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium
View user profile

Argo-Class Cruiser - NDY Refit

on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:54 pm

Here's my refit of J-Red's Argo cruiser. Since the thing was already pretty much perfect, I focused on the stern area, which didn't quite feel like it jived with the rest of the ship. I wanted to bring the sharp, angular feel of the rest of the ship to the stern, so I redesigned the nacelle support pylons to have virtually no rounded slopes. I kept the warp nacelles mostly the same, only tweaking the Bussard collectors and the blue glow-y bit on the side of most nacelles. I also added two impulse engines on to the main body. They're a little small, but it seems to me that impulse drives are always disproportionately small. Very Happy

After I was done with that, I added a few torpedo turrets and changed the white color to metalized silver, just to give it a bit of shine (that was before the LDD's color glitch).

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

Pic 5:

An .lxf will be up on the LEGO gallery soon. Enjoy! Very Happy

Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

Re: Argo-Class Cruiser - NDY Refit

on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:11 pm
Well, you work fast. Razz This is a straight-up improvement on the original; great work with the back there. I do, however, have two criticisms: Firstly, even for ST ships, the impulse engines are disproportionately small; and secondly, the nacelles are a great deal too short for a ship this length (though, now that I think of it, I think the original's were that small too...). Not to say they're not good - they're beautifully designed, and have gotten the mental wheels turning on a new set of nacelles I've wanted to pump out- they're just stubby. Razz

Other than that, great work!

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Lord General (MSI)
View user profile

on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:46 pm
Tetra: Thanks! Mm, I see what you mean. The impulse drives could be bigger. I suppose the nacelles could be longer too, but you'd probably have to ask J-Red about that. Razz

Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:55 pm
I just want some side by side comparisons. Razz

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Lord General (MSI)
View user profile

on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:38 pm
Ant: Okay! Very Happy

Original on left, remix on right:

View user profile

on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:29 pm
Where's the torpedo turrets? And yes, I think the impulse engines need to be bigger, plus I like the little rounded bits on the naccle supports on the original better (the slanted parts underneath the red bits on the rear of the old one, though I like yours better otherwise. Basically put those slanted bits back and make your impuylse engines bigger.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:26 pm
ANT HAS INVENTED A NEW TYPE OF ENGINE DRIVE! THE IMPUYLSE ENGINE! Razz

No but seriously though, I really like what you did with the ship. I was expecting more than what I got, but I do like what I got. Razz

I definitely like the nacelle pylons a lot better than mine, I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place. Razz I also liked where you positioned the impulse (or impuylse) engines, but as everyone has pointed out, they do need to be bigger, at least three studs long each I'd say. Razz

Aside from that, excellent work!

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Recruit (No Affiliation)
View user profile

on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 am
Yeah, uhh, it's actually alot more efficient and can even reach three times the speed of light, much better than plasma drives, impulse engines, rocket fuel, or whatever else you all use. Razz

~/Com|Ant~

Lord General (MSI)
View user profile

on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:37 pm
Ant: The turrets are the gun metal binoculars on the top middle of the ship. And yes, the impulse engines do need to be bigger. Maybe I should make them impuylse engines! Very Happy Those slants would look nice, now that you mention it.

J-Red: Thanks! I never really intended to do much to the rest of the ship, just edit the stern. But, if you want, I could let the Narkova Drive Yards engineers off the leash completely... Things may get a little   CRAZY but it will look good (probably). Razz

Character sheet
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:42 pm
I'd love to see your (or anyone else's) take on the ship (or any other of my ships).

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Lord General (MSI)
View user profile

on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 am
Alrighty then, crazy it is. Twisted Evil  Razz

View previous topicBack to topView next topic