Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

Intrepid Class Cruiser

on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:07 am
~ Start Entry ~

The Intrepid-class was introduced in the early 2370s and was Starfleet's answer to their growing need for a versatile and quick class of starships which were capable of excellent maneuvering at both impulse and warp speed. With their variable geometry warp nacelles, the Intrepid's had a greater control of their warp field, with the added bonus of not damaging the subspace layer.

As well as being designed to be quick and maneuverable in combat, the Intrepid's were primarily designed to perform exploration, survey, and courier missions. The Intrepid's advanced sensors made them an excellent exploratory vessel.  The Intrepid-class was also one of the first Federation starship classes to be equipped to make a routine planetfall and be able to take off again with ease.

The Intrepid's were also equipped with some of the most advanced computer systems of the time, with bio-neural circuitry replacing most of the isolinear circuitry that had been prevalent on previous starship classes. The bio-neural circuitry sped up the computer's data functions and improved overall performance.

Initially the construction of four vessels were approved by Starfleet Command: the prototype USS Intrepid, USS Voyager, USS Stargazer, and the USS Pathfinder. The first two ships to be constructed, the Intrepid and Voyager, were launched from the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards at the end of 2370 and the beginning of 2371 (stardate 48038) respectively.  By late 2377, there were dozens of Intrepid-class starships in operation, and many were involved in operations against the Borg in that year.

- Specifications -

Length: 344.5 Meters
Beam: 64.4 Meters
Width: 132.1 Meters

All other specs are kept in constant with standard retrofit procedures.

- Images -

- .Lxf -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx2nwoz3i9acn2n/Intrepid%20Class%20Mk.%20II%20-%20Perfect%20Grade.lxf?dl=0

- Bibliography -

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Intrepid_class

~ End Entry ~

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

Re: Intrepid Class Cruiser

on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:59 pm
J-red, this is truly beautiful. 

It really captures the graceful feel of the Intrepid class. 

I have but three suggestions. 
1: shorten the saucer. 
2: thicken the saucer, specially from the bridge back.
3: extend the slope from the back of the saucer further along dorsal surface of the engineering hull.

But apart from these things, you have a really great model here. It just feels sleek and graceful like the Intrepid. 
I especially love the forward dorsal sensor array(?) on the saucer, and that navigational deflector dish... brilliantly done! Very Happy

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium
View user profile

on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:07 pm
Wow, this is really great! At this scale it's a very good representation of an Intrepid. I do agree with Dino's suggestions, and it would be even better of the nacelles could hinge upwards like Voyager, but even as it is it's still awesome. Very Happy

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:58 pm
@ Dino - Thanks for the suggestions. Because of the size of the ship I think this is one I can actually rebuild more up to snuff. I don't think it's so much making the saucer smaller as it is making the engineering hull longer, and I totally agree about the rear slope, but if you notice I did fix that one thing with the rear of the hull, but not with one the methods you suggested. And I did add the impulse engines.

I personally am very proud of the navigational deflector, I'm glad you like it as well, perhaps this will do as like... the Intrepid II or III class as in a future version of it (Like the Constitution II introduced in the TMP era.) In fact, mine bears a lot of resemblance to the STO era Intrepid, so it could possibly be considered an Intrepid II Class rather than an Intrepid. It would still need some tweaking though to be exact to the STO era.

@ Spud - You're right, it would be great if they could. It would also be great if the underside of the engineering hull was smooth instead of having the exposed underside of a plate. Perhaps I can try to do both. Razz

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:24 pm
I noticed both the aft dorsal section of the saucer, and impulse engines... NICE work on both! And yeah... I could TOTALLY see this as an Intrepid Refit.

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum