Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium
View user profile

Argo Class - NDY Iridium Remix

on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Background pic: Perseus Prime by GTGraphics

The Argo Iridium is Narkova Drive Yards' second refit of J-Red's Argo Mk. III cruiser. Improvements over the last refit include a redesigned stern and warp nacelles, all-new cannons (big AND small Razz), and shiny new NDY livery.

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

I think this refit is much better than my previous one, which only made a couple of modifications to the warp nacelle support pylons. I've redesigned the stern area again, because the more I looked at the previous version the more I disliked it. I've also beefed up the impulse engines and extended the warp nacelles by 6 studs.

New stern:

As much as I like it by itself, the mega-cannon on the top bow of the original Mk. III didn't quite fit the look of the rest of the ship, in my opinion. So, I nixed that and added put in its place the NDY "Wildfire" warp cannon, custom-made for this ship. The Argo Iridium sports a total of 8 Wildfire cannons, 16 AA turbolaser turrets (also new), and 14 torpedo turrets.

In addition, I added a bit of detailing to some of the bare, flat areas. I also gave a bit of texture to the underside (pic 4), then gave the whole thing new colors. Finally, I tweaked the letters on the bow to make them read a little better.

Iridium & Original Mk III side-by-side comparisons:
Pic 1:
Pic 2:
Pic 3:

An .lxf will be live on the LEGO gallery soon. Enjoy! Very Happy

Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

Re: Argo Class - NDY Iridium Remix

on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:02 pm
That is certainly a great refit of a great ship! Very Happy I like it very much, and blue looks great on the ship.
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:57 pm
Wow... I LOVE it! GREAT refit! I like everything you did that I can see. And all of your re-refitted areas compared to your first refit are excellent! Very Happy

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 pm
Excellent refit, indeed! The improvements you made weren't too huge, but they're done in such a way as to really enhance the ship's overall design. I particular, I really like the turrets; fits the aesthetic, I suppose. Razz

The only thing I don't really like is the color scheme; IDK, the dark blue + light blue + orange just isn't doing it for me. Razz

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Lord General (MSI)
View user profile

on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:21 pm
LXF is up! http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/86025c1a-7db7-4336-ab0a-1bfe47134f88?index=22&categoryId=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

Talmid: Thanks!

Dino: I'm glad you like it! Very Happy

Tetra: Thank you! Those guns are one of my favorite parts of this refit.

As for the colors, I was debating about whether or not to include the light blue and the orange. In retrospect I probably should have stayed with my first idea of keeping the translucent orange parts a nice transparent blue. That probably would have blended better with the shape of the ship. Very Happy

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:50 pm
Ok, first off, the stern of that ship is epic. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place. Razz

Love the the redesign of the nacelles. Lots of smooth, lots of metallic, and lots of epic. I really like the new heavy cannons and those smaller ones are really sweet as well. I might steal borrow some of them from you.

Overall great job on the redesign. Part of me likes the color scheme... part of me doesn't... I dunno. It's kinda growing on me. XD

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Lord General (MSI)
View user profile

on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:56 pm
J-Red: Thank you! Technically, this is your ship, so you can use whatever you want from it. Very Happy

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum