Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

Re: The Acheron

on Thu May 07, 2015 7:59 am
That... is... absolutely AWESOME! I feel like, this is what the Argo was asking to be in pure-blood form, a UNSC warship. (As opposed to the excellent blended sci-fi feel of the original) 

I'm REALLY enjoying seeing your refits of various ships... the level of detail, and yet simple streamlining, that you put into them is spectacular!

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

on Thu May 07, 2015 6:49 pm
As Dino (sorta) said, I feel this is how the design of the Argo was meant to feel: slick, streamlined, smooth, yet retaining the classic industrial feel of your typical UNSC ship. I'm really lovin' the new nacelles, turrets, and the overall aesthetic. My only issue I can see with it is that the bridge area (if it even still is a bridge Razz) seems rather plain. While this perhaps flows with the overall design a bit more, it still seems a bit off to me. =/

Still, great work as always!

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space
View user profile

on Thu May 07, 2015 9:57 pm
Nice! As to its blankness (which unfortunately does show a lot more than the Banshee), I personally think it might benefit from some long, thin "greebling" on the surface, probably using different rods and stuff mostly. Maybe a few small blocky-ish structures as well.

...Basically like this, which you'll presumably be pretty familiar with. Razz http://angryjanitor.com/wp-content/uploads/daedalus_mirko38_1024x768.jpg

But yeah, that's my best advice. Also, I think it might benefit from not being quite so thin, perhaps.

Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Romnilar
View user profile

on Fri May 08, 2015 11:57 am
Yeah, the bridge is pretty plain, other than that, I love it! I especially like the new sublight engines at the back compared to the Argo's.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
~/Com|Ant~

Arik wrote:Sadly, it's a doomed attempt. The Illuminati infiltrated the US government before it even was the US government,
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Sat May 09, 2015 2:31 pm
Ok... so you did an excellent job of making something I made look like something I didn't make while at the same time looking like something I made.

Razz

Wow. From now on when I build a ship, I'm going to send it to you before I upload it and have you refit it. Razz

I must agree though, this has a lot of blank space on it, I think primarily due to the fact that you used a solid color. Where this ship really excels is in the rear section of the ships where you have made marked improvements. The impulse and warp drives both look excellent, and I'm actually thinking about refitting the ship using some of your techniques with a spin of my own style to perfect the Argo.

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Sun May 17, 2015 11:31 am
I might add a little more greebling, but I suggest keeping it minimal as this ship feels like it should be smooth. The bridge could use a little more detail for sure.

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic