Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Grand Minister Dyma Alcel
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Human
http://tilde.town/~nikolojedison

Sarad-class Battlecruiser Empty Sarad-class Battlecruiser

Sat May 23, 2015 10:50 pm
Sarad-class Battlecruiser
Based off of the Prudii-class. Any and all unfamiliar tech has a brief explanation here. Apologies for the brief description, it's a bit late and I've been working on this for a while.

Files:

Top:

Side:

Rear:

Front:

LXF:

Stats:
Armament:
50x Mk. 1 Energy Batteries
24x Mk. 1 Alke Railguns
8x Mk. 1 MLS
6x OLEP
5x twin SOC turrets
4x single SOC-T turrets

Complement:
14x SOIC deployment modules with 2 pods each
2x hangars with support systems for 4 shuttles

Defenses:
1.5m hexacore composite armour
3-layer molecular shielding system with standard shielding backup

Drives:
10x Alcel SAS-C engines
1x modified Alcel slipspace drive (1,525 ly/day)

Dimensions:
760 metres long
240 metres wide
80 metres tall

Description:
The Sarad-class is quite a formidable opponent, especially considering its roots in the Prudii-class prowler. Alcel engineers and designers took the ship built for stealth and infiltration & turned it into the first Alcel battlecruiser, and still managed to keep the bridge position of the Prudii as well as its impressive communications systems.
Power systems aboard the Sarad have been extensively upgraded from its predecessor to handle the considerable strain of the ship's energy weapons & molecular shielding network.

Last edited by nikolojedison on Sun May 24, 2015 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .LXF added)
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sarad-class Battlecruiser Empty Re: Sarad-class Battlecruiser

Sun May 24, 2015 8:52 pm
While I personally feel the ship is too short and thin to really be a battlecruiser (unless you have a very different definition than everyone else), it's a good ship nevertheless. Other rthan that, though, my only issue is with the description: IMHO, it would make more sense if the Sarad was a parallel project to the Prudii, instead of a direct descendant. The ship itself, however, is quite solid; you did a good job of integrating the various weapons and such with making the ship look too cluttered or breaking up the flow.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Sun May 24, 2015 9:42 pm
Classifications - I've been going off of an older file Jace sent me on ship classification; I'll add classification research to my reading list.
[EDIT] After a quick google, this came up. I'm going to read into it more. [/EDIT]

Descriptions - I haven't been writing them for very long, so I just based it in what it is: a bunch of large weapons, reactors, armour, and expensive shiny things strapped to a Prudii. Razz Like I said at my OP, though, it was written a bit late (at least for me). I should probably refine it at some point in the near future.

Integration - When building ships, I only add weapons and equipment if it easily fits somewhere or I can make it fit somewhere. It has its weaknesses (like the occasional underpowered ship, see Prudii-class or Kalikir-class), but it helps out. Then there's the tactical aspect of "could this actually fire at something and not damage the ship it's on", too... Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Mon May 25, 2015 5:09 pm
Oooohhhh... That was a VERY good article for ship classifications. Razz
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Mon May 25, 2015 5:56 pm
I have no idea if that was sarcasm or seriousness. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon May 25, 2015 6:48 pm
I love the aesthetics your going for with these! This seems rather thin in the middle, and it DOES seem rather small to be a battlecruiser (heavy cruiser I would have no problem whatever with) but it really depends on the sci-fi-verse one is using for examples, so... yeah. Anyways, it looks awesome! I LOVE the curvy design on this thing! Very Happy
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Mon May 25, 2015 6:54 pm
Thanks, Dino! I haven't quite figured out how to build ships of this Covenant style without messing up one proportion or another, yet, and I constantly worry that they'll all end up looking too much like scaled versions of each other. Razz
I do have something in the works that more easily fits a larger class, though, if at the cost of some curvy bits...

Stereotypically vague image of prototype::
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 pm
I like it, and I really enjoyed that article on ship classifications.

Great ship, the curvy bits are kinda turning into just humps all over the place, but it still looks cool. I like the rear alot. The ship style/build technique just needs some more tweaking to get it perfect. Keep up the good work Wink
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
No, that was serious. Razz Gave my military/sci-fi nerdiness quite a lot to ponder on, and I might tweak my own classifications to fit this newfound knowledge.

Schpeeekin' of which... While there's definitely good reason that we wouldn't have solid definitions for all these things because of the myriad collection of "sub-factions" and such in the MSI, there'd probably be at least some so as to allow the Imperium to manage things properly.

To better explain this, some sub-factions would have significant differences in ship sizes/capabilities, simply because of what they're capable of. For instance, my "Arnhem" group has a dramatically lower tech level than the rest of the MSI, as well as only a handful of worlds, and thus wouldn't be able to build ships as powerful or large as the MSI's mainstream navy.
And while they could theoretically be made to conform to the MSI's classification system (whatever that may be), that could potentially hurt them, as classes have to do with role, too. For example, if Arnhem's biggest Superdreadnoughts are no larger* than the MSI's medium cruisers, then for the MSI it would make sense to have them classified as medium cruisers. But at the same time, this would put the Superdreadnought into a totally different role, which it of course won't be optimized for.

Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Mon May 25, 2015 8:28 pm
Or you could just make a new role to the effect of "medium-cruiser sized vessel that acts like SDN"; I did it all the time in PACS. Razz

And yeah, the article was quite good. Recommended read if you're into that sort of thing. Razz
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Mon May 25, 2015 10:18 pm
@Ant: Thanks much. The rear section is probably one of my favourite parts of the ship as well, alongside the turrets. Those were fun. Razz

@Tetra: Does "Napoleon Complex Ship" sound good? Razz Razz Razz

@Arik: One can never truly tell with text, hence why I asked. Razz
I've been using some of Jace's documents extensively since it keeps at least some stuff similar, but I should develop my own rating system to go alongside my own subculture.
Speaking of which, is there any sort of recommended layout or procedure I should use before making my own planet & subfaction within the MSI?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum