Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle Empty [Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle

Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:22 pm
[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle 754f5c6e-5a37-4542-9fe7-a9b6047806f3?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=481
[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle A62b403f-2603-4822-b3f5-50a8a927b488?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=481[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle 81ee3ee6-42b0-47cc-8af4-b0a1260c10f5?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=481
LDD File

Weighing in at 68 tons, the MF-205 Savage Main Battle Tank is real heavy duty.  With its dilithium powered repulsorlift engines, the MF-205 carries its weight at a top speed of 40 MPH.  Keeping this brick protected is a standard Federation shield generator and 1.5 meters of ablative armor all around, making the MF-205 nearly impervious to light infantry.

Three twin MP1750 heavy phaser cannons adorn the roofs of Star Force Savage tanks, though some special models come equipped with a photonic mortar cannons replacing in place of the front gun.

Crew compliment: 4

Pilots' compartment. (fore)
[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle C8acd2ce-b174-43b0-abad-cc60330ef733?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=307

Gunner's equipment. (aft)
[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle LsW66BB

The real thing.
[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle Cl8Lb4C

Last edited by Talmid on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle Empty Re: [Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:56 am
Ooo, nice! I love that shape! Only one problem, though: a meter and a half of solid armor plating!? Shocked Razz That seems a bit impractical, even for 24th-century (or whatever century we're in) technology. But other than that this beast is awesome!! Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle Empty Re: [Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:49 pm
It definitely looks liek it's got almost 5 feet of armor, but I have a problem with only three heavy phaser cannons and it then being deemed a MBT. I would more of call it an "overarmored infantry support vehicle" (OISV). Stick some truly heavy weapons on that bad boy and then we'll have a real tank. Or make it a front lines command and control vehicle, that'ld be sweet, and the armor with just some phaser cannons would make sense, and it'ld look better with antennas and dishes and sensor pods sticking out of it. Or just stick a giant tank cannon on it. Or even a front lines AA variant, something that can roll out in the middle of the fight to shoot down enemy close air support, without fear of getting blown up by enemy ground forces.

BTW, that's a sweet shot of the pilot's compartment.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:00 pm
Got it, needs more guns. And more realistic armor amounts. I'm on it.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 pm
Not more guns, bigger guns, so it's more like a tank. Wink The armor is fine if you just make it a slow armored brick with big guns or some other purpose other than mowing down infantry/light vehicles.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:15 pm
Nice work! I really like this thing! I would go with AA's suggestions, because they make sense to me. 

The only thing about the model itself that stands out to me as needing a little work is the front sloping side armor. I worked up a couple options to smooth that out real quick, feel free to use or disregard as you wish. 
Spoiler:

Otherwise, this is one cool hovering fortress! I love the entire thing, and it FEELS Trek to me, not any easy thing to accomplish with a tank.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:22 pm
First off... I'd like to agree with Spud... a meter and a half is a LOT of armor. Like... over the top. That's basically the armor equal of putting a planet killer on a starfighter.

I also have to agree with Ant that this is underarmed for being a "main battle tank", though I think its body style lends itself better to an infantry support vehicle or APC. If I were you, I'd just change the classification, and make something different for a tank.

Now, on to my opinions on the actual design. I LOVE it! It looks great! Nice and open on the inside, but still well detailed. The overall shape of this is great as well, lookin' very nice. I also just want to comment that I love the lil' screencap you gave of it at the end. Where the heck did you get that? What game is it from?
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:05 pm
@J-Red of J-Red:

Class change could work.  How does to MF-205 Savage Armored Fighting Vehicle sound? Razz

The game is called Ultra Fighters from the time of Windows 98, developed by Eagle Interactive and published by I-Magic games, now known as iEntertainment Network.  Ultra Fighters takes place in the 26th Century, after a global war pressed reset on the world's superpowers and used up all the fossil fuels.  So now airplanes run on topspeed-less electric engines, and Chinese Zindo Empire are taking over the world, and the USA hires a mercenary group called Navco to eliminate Zindo forces off the Solomon Islands, where an energy amplifier called thermodux has been discovered....

As for me, I don't have the original box but I've got the original CD.  Here are two screens from the setup.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And here's a video to the intro credits.

Youtube link inside:

The game has singleplayer flight training, modem and LAN multiplayer, defunct online, and a singleplayer USA campaign.  It's a pretty cool game, I've done the campaign a few times, never really knowing how to play the game properly until I read the manual on the CD.  The way the manual was written, it sounds like the writers really think they're in the 26th Century. Razz

@Dino:

Those look good! Very Happy I might be able to use them.  Based on AA's feedback I just put some radar dishes in there....

Spoiler:

....but nothing's decided yet.

@AA:

Bigger guns it is then. Razz I'll see what I can do to enlarge the front gun.  The rear guns can probably stay small.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle Empty Tank Update!

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:59 pm
OK, here's the new MF-205.

[Updated!] MF-205 Savage Amored Fighting Vehicle CHHiR99

I redid the front gun, now an MP2000 twin Heavy Phaser Cannon, though it is still complemented by the rear two MP1750 twin Heavy Phaser Cannons.

I also repainted the armor, added antenna, put vents behind the pilot compartment, did some smoothing to the front side slopes (Thanks Dino!), added more for the ventral (underside) repulsorlift vents, and repainted "that thing" on the roof, I'm not yet sure its functionality, maybe it's a deflector shield wrapper or a big sensor.

Included in the .lxf file is a photonic mortar cannon which can replace any of the guns.

Of course, lxf file: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/77c8e98c-732b-4208-8086-7f189d414bb4?index=1 At this moment in time its still being moderated but the mods are pretty fast.

EDIT: Oh, and 2 feet of armor. Razz

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:08 pm
I'm currently refitting this, and the more I dig into it the more I appreciate the detailed, complicated building structure well hidden in this model. Great job talmid!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum