Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber Empty B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber

Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:13 am
B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber 67e7feaa-e505-4e9d-9070-487771ec3660?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=600&height=437
LDD File

HPC Airframe Industries is in a bit of financial trouble.  The company has always built peculiar planes with too little of a market to really flourish.  The company's involvement with Star Force has also been bittersweet: Previous customers among the Federation's rivals have all but boycotted HPC.

Every so often, Star Force places an order for something just enough out of corporate giant United Star Fighters Incorporated's typical line of work, letting HPC Airframe Industries swoop in and give Star Force their best.

B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber Cb4637fb-2c00-4d7d-831d-d831bc7057e0?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=600&height=437

HPC's latest model is the Star Intimidator Class Star Bomber, intending to provide support for USFI's Star Cruiser III as the older bomber heads either to a refit or retirement.

Largely built from spare USFI parts, the 'Intimidator is armed with the same armament out of the Star Falcon V:

- x2 MP1500 Medium Phaser Cannons
- x2 MP1000 Light Phaser Cannons
- x1 Universal torpedo launcher
- x2 50mj rated turrets
- x2 small munitions slots (replicating)

Yes, the bombs replicate.  This technology allows the Star Intimidator to provide a seemingly endless stream of explosive damage to a target.  Endless isn't exactly accurate, rather the replicators will run so long as the Star Intimidator has a power source to power them, in the form of:

- Micro dilithium processing core
- Sublight impulse engines
- Chemical burn thrusters.

Well, specifically it's the dilithium processing cores.  The Star Intimidator has four of these cores.

Protecting the Star Intimidator are standard deflector shielding and ablative armor.

B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber Ddafc4a6-90e9-423d-8c32-3b1c4e0f0935?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=600&height=419

B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber 6b8ffc55-4b75-4981-83f6-ec589cb1b785?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=600&height=419

United Star Fighters Incorporated (Star Falcon V Mk2, Super Star Scout, and Star Cruiser III) versus HPC Airframe Industries (Galidor Dropship, Galidor Fighter, and Star Intimidator).
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber Empty Re: B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:11 pm
I need an LXF... I think that this might be one of those rare extremely awesome designs that only really shine when looked at in LDD, but only look "good" in pics. 

I'll say more when I can get a closer look at this thing. But I suspect is will be very positive! Smile
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber Empty Re: B-680 HPC Star Intimidator Class Bomber

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:43 pm
I disagree dino, I think it already looks good. By that I mean great, not "meh, good." Razz I love the dropped front cockpit.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:53 pm
The top of this thread, under the first picture, is an "LDD File" link to the LEGO Gallery. The fourth picture is the LDD file. Smile
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:14 pm
Um... I discovered some flying bricks in the LDD file posted above. I've already fixed them on my file so I'll reupload the LDD file on the LEGO Gallery.
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm
Wow. This is gorgeous, Talmid.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:45 pm
... Tell me I didn't just miss the obvious hyperlink.... oops.

Yep, LXP confirms it, this thing is AMAZING! Possibly your best "unique" small craft ever. And this is certainly in the running for best Talmid small craft yet, unique shape or not.

I love it!  WELL done! My hat is off to you. 

AA, I never said I disliked it, I simply met that I thought I would go from thinking of it as a 4/5 to a 5.5/5 when I was able to really get a look at it. Razz In my book, good trumps decent (which would be "meh") 

Anyways, this thing is great! I love the rugged, sleek design.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:30 pm
Thanks Dino, Arik, and AA. Smile I'm glad and actually quite surprised by all the praise it's getting, tho I do understand you guys really appreciate original work, and this craft is very unique looking compared to every other of my planes which all look the same, heh. Razz

Personally the Star Intimidator doesn't look so right to me, I tried five wing designs before building the current set, coupled with the engines, by accident, and I didn't have anything better.  I'm also not too much of a fan of the final side-facing sloped SNOT alongside the lower cockpit but the entire ship ended up acceptable to me, also considering I spent a lot of time getting the design to stick together and I wanted to post it already. Razz

Based on all the quirkiness, it was easy to pass it off as a quirky HPC design, since it didn't end up having the gracefulness I want to associate with USFI.

Again, thanks!

Also, I'm not sure if they got noticed but I added two more fighters to the Space Pirates subforum: another design out of Ultra Fighters and a true plane of my own. Check them out if you please. Smile
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:05 am
The wings bugged me at first in the pictures too, but once I saw the LXF, I instantly said "It looks like an attack helicopter/gunship, that's awesome!" So once I made that mental shift from "fighter jet" to "attack helicopter" it instantly clicked as what it is, a beautiful design. 

Sloping SNOT along the lower cockpit, really, you don't love it? I think it looks GREAT! But then an artist IS his own worst critic.

Oddly enough, I see it as graceful, in a unique, utilitarian raining death from above, kind of way. 

Seriously, it looks like something out of Halo/Avatar for a human craft, and it is AWESOME! VERY different from your usual, and yet equally as good! 

(Added after typing up the rest and realizing that I didn't know where to put this.)
On an even closer look,  I see what you mean about the wings, and I think I have a REALLY simple solution to bring the design together.
Spoiler:
The majority of the wing already looks great, but I think that reversing the tips gives it a more aggressive look, and pulls it all together.

Last edited by Dino27 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:49 pm
Dino, I think that does the trick. :O The forward-sweep also directs air towards the inners of the wings where the maneuvering flaps are, so I think that should increase handling.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:46 pm
You just needed another pair of eyes because yours were tired of looking at it. With a break from working on it, I think you would have been likely to see it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum