Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

BORG DESTROYER

on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:39 pm
Dropbox link to .lxf:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4878lj4us3ipzsw/Borg%20Destroyer.lxf?dl=0

This new concoction of petrified flesh and metal is what PCG intelligence is now calling (quite correctly) a Borg Destroyer. Of course, all Borg are known for their destructive capacities, but the Borg Destroyer is far worse. With twelve clawed legs, a disruptor, the ability to fire electricity from its left hand, limited propulsion capabilities, a shield generator, a metal-mincing saw, a bone-crushing claw, and a "seeing eye" on its back to alert the Borg Destroyer of assault from behind, the Destroyer is a foe to be reckoned with. It is usually deployed by the Borg on planets that offer "futile resistance" to the Borg Collective that requires particularly forceful action to subdue.

(Hope y'all like it! It's my first entry in months...been busy with work and college, you know. Razz Hope all of you are doing well! As usual, credit goes to the Lord for anything good about this creation. Please offer constructive criticism!)

~Captain Scarecrow, Ret.~ Razz

P.S.S. Steadfast, my Flagship

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

Re: BORG DESTROYER

on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 pm
Well, it definitely looks destructive. I imagine a non-LEGO Borg Destroyer might be smaller at the legs, more slender than plastic can portray, more evil. Razz

I like.
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:12 pm
Glad you chaps like it. Wink It's nothing jaw-droppingly epic, but hey, at least it's something. Better than inactivity. Very Happy

And yeah, a non-Lego version would be a lot scarier and more menacing. There are some disadvantages to working with Lego bricks. Razz

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  ~Edmund Burke
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets
View user profile

on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:14 am
Those disadvantages may actually be considered advantageous, at least on LEGO.com. Razz
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:53 pm
Yeah, Lego.com would probably not approve of something truly terrifying. Razz

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:22 am
Now this is an utterly terrifying concept. 
And one that Star Trek Online has taken a small step towards (a Borg Queen with extra, mechanical arms.)

To see an "actual" Borg drone following this design would be the stuff of nightmares. And I agree with S-H, the Borg will adapt, they are Borg. 

My one critique is towards the shield generator (normal drones have one) so to make it scarier, I'd probably bump it up to an "anti artillery shield generator" just because: Borg. Razz

Anyways, great idea and good design, man! It's great to have you back. Smile

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm
Good suggestion on the shield generator! I didn't know normal Borg had any...so much for my Trek knowledge. Razz All the more reason to make this thing's generator bigger and better.

This thing actually came from an image I've had in my head of a badly-maimed soldier that has been turned into a battle-cyborg. I have imagined this person as having at least four insectoid legs and multiple arms. The only difference between the image in my head and the Borg Destroyer is that the figment of my imagination still maintains his human soul and is not, essentially, a mechanized zombie like the Borg. Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum