Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Bismarck IV-class Frigate Empty Bismarck IV-class Frigate

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:41 pm
With a long, distinguished career, the Bismarck IV-class Frigate has proven itself time and time again as one of the best ships the Treaty forces have. Making their first mark early in service during the Hydra Conflict defending the Treaty's trade routes from piracy, the Bismarck IV has since been shown to be, across a time span of over thirty-seven years since the first of its kind was commissioned, one of the most versatile and useful ships in the Navy.

Bismarck IV-class Frigate Bismar10

While its primary purpose is as a naval warship and is large enough to even serve as a ship-of-the-line, the general lack of conflict beyond generic star-route raids and terrorism means that the Bismarck IV-class, like all other warships of its time, has seen little action. As such, it has proven just as useful for non-combat operations. Most ships of its class have been refitted with better Sublight and Rift drives, allowing them to travel more easily, while their offensive systems have largely stayed the same. 

Pic. 2:
Bismarck IV-class in orbit above Havalar

However, this isn't to say the Bismarck IV-class does poorly in combat. It still carries top-notch armor and shields, and a well-balanced armament.

-Specifications-
-Manufacturer: Rheinmetall Aerospace StarWorks
-Model: Bismarck IV-class Frigate
-Class: Frigate
-Role: Ship-of-the-line, frigate, supply ship
-Length: 469 meters (excluding sensory array)
-Crew complement: 2,417
-Passenger complement: 1 Regiment (or ~2,000)
-Carrier complement: 18 fighters (1 Durin Skvadren)- typically Eitan Space-Supremacy fighters
-Armament: 23-Caliber "Havoc" Dual Railgun Batteries (3); 18-Caliber Dual Railgun Batteries (4); 9-Caliber Railgun turrets (6); 25mm Thunderbolt PDWS (28); LRM-96 Heavy ASM launchers (4)
-Armor: 16.5m (average) Grade-H Rhenium Magnate; MS systems
-Sublight drives: Class-25
-Rift drive: Class-3

Pic. 3:
Bismarck, first commissioned ship of the Bismarck IV-class, trading fire with Hydra raid ships

LDD file:
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Bismarck IV-class Frigate Empty Re: Bismarck IV-class Frigate

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:58 pm
Arik...did you really have to make such an awesome ship before I even managed to figure out anything for my own sub-faction? Nice work, as usual.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:49 pm
Oh.... oh.... oh.... WOW!!!!! oh.... oh... oh.... PHEEEEEEEW!!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! I WANT ONE!!!! MUST.... HAVE.... LXF!!!!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! PURE EPICNESS OVERLOADING VISUAL SENSORS!!!!!

Arik.... this is A_M_A_Z_I_N_G!!!!!!! It is SOOO sleek and aggressive and powerful and SNOT-y and gorgeous and awesome!!!! Arik... this is a work of space art! I want to see more like this!!!!!   Very Happy  Very Happy   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:05 am
Brilliant work as usual, Arik. I love your Havok railguns; they're so compact and heavy-looking. The shape of the frigate reminds me slightly of the Phoenix... Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:12 am
Thanks so far everybody! Maybe I better start explaining the tech now, too...
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:44 am
MAD, you should see this one frigate/cruiser design Arik came up with a while ago-you wanna talk about lookin' like the Phoenix-class! Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:37 am
Yep. The Bismarck IV shares a lot of common elements with the Phoenix. Other ships that do include the Valkyrie II-class shown here:
Spoiler:
The original Valkyrie (which you may have seen before, MAD) sorta does as well (though actually the Phoenix was based partially on the Valkyrie):
Spoiler:
And then all of the aforementioned ships drew inspiration from these two ships:
Spoiler:

Sooo... In the end, maybe I ought to try and be more original. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:53 am
Well, you've got a look that works. Stick with it, 'cause you always make great designs. Me, I'm still floundering to find my "look" for designs.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:40 pm
Nothing wrong with using a good design.... look at us Trekkies...   Razz  (or Trekkers, depending on who you ask )
Besides, your ships look feasible! Like they could really be built in the years to come... (well, IDK about the Valkyrie's wings, which are still awesome, but more sci-fi) but that design is so... chunkily armored and yet sleek and powerful... I LOVE the look!  Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum