Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J Empty Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:27 am
I'm not too sure what to call this. Talon, Star Talon, and Star Falcon S are all names I've been tossing around. It may help to simply call it by its Project codename, IDC-Z8J.

Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J IBlZXHA

LDD file can be downloaded at this link:
http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/f521e8d1-7c90-4bf1-aad8-622f68b8045d?index=1

IDC-Z8J is an attempt to create a modern combat superiority fighter from the ground up. The result is armed with MP-1500 and MP-1100 phaser cannons, a forward facing photon torpedo launcher, and has carrying room for three external munitions. She's got firepower.

Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J TUUQ6ER
Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J OskLGWo
Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J RZbXHCQ
Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J FORe8Kl
https://i.imgur.com/B5bHxE7.png

IDC-Z8J is highly manoeuvrable thanks to its multiple flappy things, engines, and auxiliary thrusters.

Here are some additional screenshots of prototypes and alternative designs before I settled on the above.

Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J EYaO0Bs
Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J Vq3HCiz
Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J ZfUui06
Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J Zci5tjX

Last picture: note only two guns, smooth engines.

Any thoughts, criticism, I am glad to hear! Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J Empty Re: Special Divisions Project IDC-Z8J

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:57 pm
Shocked ... it's purdy! Angular, streamlined, sleek. Nice work! The only thing I'm not sure about is the triple tail fin. I haven't decided on that aspect of the design one way or the other. The rest of it is excellent in my mind.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Nice... it's a step up from your usual fair, so it's showing some evolution. Razz The angling of the wings and thrusters is very well done, and the profile indeed looks fairly neat. The three-winged tail is also a nice touch. Razz

As for a name... well, if I may be so bold, you may want to consider trying to deviate a bit from your usual "Star + bird-related word" formula. Perhaps "Strike Talon" or "Delta Talon", or something along that nature? Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:05 pm
Loving the swept wings, very nice touch and it shows good progress, like tet said. Also, I like the new style for the rear of the engines. Overall looks like a great little fighter with a good F-15ish look on the swept wings, makes it look much better.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum