Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group
View user profile

PCG Victorious

on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:29 am

The PCG Victorious is a redesign of my earlier Triumphant II-class starships, and the flagship of Captain Nathaniel Pike's new Crimson Fleet division of the PCG defense fleet.

The goal of the Crimson Fleet is to aggressively seek out and defeat the enemies of the Phoenix Command Group, wherever they may be found. They are equipped with the latest technology and an entire development group is devoted to prototyping entirely new technology for the starships of the Crimson Fleet.

LXF's:
PCG Victorious
Nacelle only

Last edited by Captain Nathaniel Pike on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Member of the Council of the Phoenix
Captain of the PCG Fairland
-- Status - ACTIVE --
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space
View user profile

Re: PCG Victorious

on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:13 am
This is niiice, SD. The warp nacelles are gorgeous, and I love the interconnecting pylons that attach them all to the ship and each other. The triangular saucer is sleek and menacing as usual, and the red stripe is snazzy. I think my only complaint is that the engineering hull is a little bland, but even then it's nice and sleek.

Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:16 pm
Thanks! I wanted to keep the engineering section of the ship a bit simpler, just so there wasn't too much going on- especially with the way the saucer section turned out. The real star of this ship is, of course, the warp nacelles, and I struggled for a while to find a fitting pylon to connect them to the hull. I'm pretty satisfied with the way it turned out.

LXF files for both the ship and the warp nacelle by itself will be forthcoming, I also added a comparison shot with the Archangel to give you a better idea of the scale.

To give everyone a sneak peek of my next projects, after I get my stealth ship posted I'm planning on also starting Azure Fleet with a line of dedicated science vessels focused on exploration and research.

-- Status - ACTIVE --
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa
View user profile

on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:39 pm
Well.. glad to see she turned out well. Razz It's a big step up from the Triumphant, I have to say-- though I do wonder if we'll see a successor in name as well as design?

Regardless, Arik's basically already said everything special that immediately comes to mind on the model itself, so all I have to comment on is the fluff around the vessel:
1) First and foremost, any chance of getting the ship's stats up and running? It would be nice to know what this ship can do. Razz
2) Is this a one-off ship, or a class?
3) The Crimson and Azure fleets sound interesting; can't wait to here more on them Smile

On a final note, any chance of getting an .lxf? Razz

Meanwhile, on the chat....
Arik wrote:I'm ready to get back to worldbuilding now... Razz

Tetrahedron wrote:I'm not sure if we should interrupt Ant like this...
He might kill us with his cow bombs

Star-Hunter wrote:"He might kill us with his cow bombs."
I'll take phrases I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime for $500
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:18 pm
This is a gorgeous and sleek predator, a dangerous hunter. I love how streamlined and aggressive this thing is. And the nacelles are simply fantastic.
The one thing I can think of that detracts from perfection is that the saucer feels a bit thin compared to those massive nacelles, maybe a streamlined buildup around the bridge area? But really, this thing is beautiful and scary, great work!

Dino27

"For honor, king    for valor, for cookies;      and for friendship!"
  cheers
Captain (PCG)
View user profile

on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:11 pm
@Tet:

To answer your questions;

1) Stats are in the works, as soon as I make them up.
2) This one is special. As my new flagship and the Crimson Fleet's flagship, the Victorious is unique and will be the only one of its kind. Most of the other ships I'll be posting for the Crimson and Azure fleets will be widely produced, however.

Also, LXF is happening soon as I have internet access with my laptop.

@Dino: I like how you compliment and then critique my ship in practically the same sentence. Razz

Is no one going to praise the really cool-looking cannons on the saucer? I am disappoint.

UPDATE: LXF'S ADDED

-- Status - ACTIVE --
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
View user profilehttp://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:08 am
I haven't commented on this already, and I'm too tired to put a lot of thought into this, but it's amazing. I especially love the outline of it, looking down from the top, looks like a real warship. Ready to tear through enemy forces.

"The enemy gate is DOWN "
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin

Star-Hunter wrote:We channeled pure Jred into Texas to keep it red
was scary for a second
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum