Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SONS OF LIBERTY

+9
Forge
RememberMM
Talmid
Dino27
Kojan
Johnnyred
Andre Tholvel
Lord Commandant Jace
Lonestar
13 posters
Go down
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

THE SONS OF LIBERTY - Page 20 Empty Re: THE SONS OF LIBERTY

Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:25 pm
@OOC to PXR:
If you become inactive there WILL be a war between the PCG and PXE just because you didn't stick around! Wink LOL. Well, just be as active as you can, and keep calm and carry on with your plot! Don't give up now. Smile
End OOC

Commander Turson enters Captain Johnnyred's conference room and salutes his superior officer.

"Here as requested, sir," he says. "Are we close to commencing dialogues?"
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:44 pm
Lieutenant Moyter immediately bolted off the transporter pad, saluting to the crewmen at the console as he passed. He rushed through the halls, knowing that it was probably the best chance he had for answers- namely, why a retreat order had been called when the whole task force had been so obviously committed to the assault. Upon entering the designated conference room, he stopped, saluted, and reported "First Lieutenant Moyter, second in command of Strike squadron Odin, reporting, sir! What's our situation?"
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human

Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:13 pm
[OOC] I feel like Scare should have called this meeting, as the GM. Now we have to wait for Jred to instigate dialogue. Razz [/OOC]
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:07 pm
*ooc I had to wait for you. Now you have to wait for me. LOL. I'll make a post tonight after work. I was kinda hoping Kojan or Talmid would show up. End OOC*
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:34 pm
[OOC] I didn't mean it that way, I just mean that Scare has less control over GMing now. Razz [/OOC]
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:34 am
Johnnyred sits at the head of the long table in the conference room, drumming his fingers against the table top while drinking an ice cold Dr. Pepper. The door opens with swoosh revealing Commander Turson.

"Ah, Turson." Johnnyred says with a small grin. "Good to see you. Good work at Rator III sir, I'll make sure to put in a good word with Captain Scarecrow when this is all over. However, I'm afraid I have unfortunate news, but I'll wait to share it as soon as..."

The door swooshes open once again, revealing Lieutenant Moyter. After announcing himself, Captain Johnnyred turns to Moyter with a grin, returns his salute and says, "Ah, welcome, Moyter. You're a little early, I'll wait to explain everything until the others arrive."

No sooner do the words leave his mouth than do Captain Candirith and the two PXE representatives appear in the doorway.

"Ah, Gentlemen. Welcome. Take a seat. There are food and drink replicators at each of the seats if you are hungry or thirsty."

*OOC Let's assume that Kojan and Talmid and anyone else that's playing has already shown up. End OOC*

As the others take their seats, Johnnyred walks to the head of the table. "I'm afraid I have bad news, gentlemen. For one, we have discovered a traitor amongst us. The traitor had informed the Romulans of our plans up until we warped to Rator III, shortly before the warp, he confessed to myself and Commander Turson and we were able to adapt the battle plan to this new turn in events. While we were able to successsfully drop into the atmosphere of Rator III, insert ourselves in the capital, make our way to the Capitol Building, and break into the Empress' chambers, when we arrived, the Empress was not there. She left us a video recording stating that she is in none other than New York City on Earth."

Taking a moment to pause, Johnnyred continues. "This presents a difficult situation to us. Earth is smack dab in the middle of Federation territory, and while much of the Federation is on our side... there's a considerable amount that isn't. We're in space. Alone, gentlemen. PXE, DI, I understand if you don't wish to continue on with us. You aren't enemies of the Federation. However, if you continue with us, in all likelihood you will become fugitives along with us. Temporarily at best."

Turning to Commander Turson he says. "Well sir, we have some tactics to discuss as to how we get to the Empress."
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:39 am
[OOC] Scare, again, please do SOMETHING to have the Romulans double-cross DI at some point. I'm going to have to rely on Daragon's good will again, which isn't supposed to be this extensive. [/OOC]
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:10 am
As the captain continues, Moyter sips a root beer, wondering to himself how long it's been since the last one- no matter, this one was hitting the spot perfectly. He takes a mental note of the Catain's speech, thinking so that's how the Rommies were able to counterattack so quickly.... As Johnneyred turned to commander Turson, however, he raised his hand. "Sir, the video was obviously made by Rommies- Imperial Rommies. How sure are we this isn't some kind of hoax?"
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 am
"Excellent question, Moyter. We don't. And even if we did know for sure. We don't want a full scale invasion of Earth."

Pausing for a moment, Johnnyred says. "What if a handful of us went down in a Defiant class. Not a PCG Defiant, but a Starfleet Defiant. I'm sure Talmid must have one in his unit, and I'm also sure, that the Federation doesn't know exactly what ships defected with our good friend."
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:37 am
Moyter paused to consider this, and replied, "Yeah, that should do it. But in case things go south, we should probably be ready to back things up. The Bastion is equipped with a Yersinia commando insertion shuttle, and the crew have been on standby since we reached Rator III- that and your Nighthawk dropships should be able to slip in behind the Defiant undetected and deploy a small strike team ahead of us, just as insurance. The Defiant should keep them off the scent long enough to deploy the commando teams and move on the Empress." He pasused a moment, then added, "I like it."
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:28 am
OOC to Supe: I will be posting something like that soon, my friend! Fret not: thou hast not been forgotten! Wink End OOC

Turson sips a mug of sweet iced tea with a lemon slice, then sets it down with a soft chuckle.

"All that work," he whispers to himself. "only to find out that that crazy Imperial dingbat isn't even on the planet..."

Returning to his sweet tea, he listens to the short interchange between Moyter and Johhnyred, then speaks up.

"I like the idea of spying ahead," he says. "For all we know, the Empress may very well be still on Rator III, and the whole thing is an elaborate wild goose chase to draw off the PCG from the Imperial homeworld--as has already been suggested. However, infiltrating Federation space may not be so easy as that. You are all very aware of the factions that have arisen in the Federation ranks: the Romulan-backed "Greater Loyalists" and the freedom-loving Libertarians. Although the Libertarian following grows daily, the ruthlessness and power of the elite Greater Loyalists is a force to be reckoned with. No doubt it will be difficult to secure a Federation Defiant class vessel to even get near Earth, since the Greater Loyalists are probably extremely suspicious of being infiltrated by the Libertarians and have established rigorous security regulations."

Pausing a moment, as if hesitant to say anything more, Turson continues.

"Sometime ago, gentlemen, I received a strange message from an unknown entity. It was sent to me in my own private code. I doubt that it was Smythe, our now-captured traitor...no, the content of the message clearly stated that the party sending it was fanatically opposed to the Empress and was offering us aid. I have a hunch on what the entity may be...if my hunch is correct, we may have a very secretive and very powerful ally already stationed on Earth."
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:29 pm
"And who might this be?" Johnnyred asked, eying Turson. "And how do we know we can trust them?"
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:49 pm
"I don't know, and we don't know," answers Turson to both questions. "But my hunch is that they are members of..." Turson lowers his voice. "...Section 31..."
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:56 pm
Moyter, hunched over his second glass, instantly bolts upright. "Section 31?!" he exclaims, "Commander, with all due respect, you can possibly be serious! To even consider dealing with the... the Fed's mafia... we'd be selling our souls to the devil!"
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:27 pm
Turson nods his head sympathetically.

"I have indeed considered the dangers and...moral implications...of even thinking about asking their aid," says the Commander. "Dealing with them at any time would be risky, but especially now. Although I have heard of their supposed fanatical 'love' for the Federation, one thing has struck me as odd: if they are so powerful and so ruthless in their efforts to supposedly protect the Federation's best interests, why have they not yet killed the Romulan infiltrator--much less the Empress, if she is even on Earth? Surely they would have already dispatched the two unless...unless they have either been hunted down by the Greater Loyalists or, perhaps worse, joined the Greater Loyalist cause. Either way, I find it disturbing that they should know my private code and that they should even bother to try to offer us their aid--as if WE were the ones in trouble! It is the Federation which is in the most immediate danger. I fear there may be even more treachery in this scheme than we know."
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:58 pm
Moyter slowly let the air out of his lungs through his nose, then let his face slip into his palms. He wasn't a spy, or a counter-intelligence officer- he was a fleet officer, and he prided himself in that. These knew developments confirmed something he had suspected from the beginning- no one would come out of this mess with their hands clean. The fact that they had even let Section 31 continue to exist was enough to qualify them all as criminals, in his book- allying with them was like sharing the blood on their hands.

The AC is gonna blow a gasket when he hears about this, he thought to himself. He's gonna hate it... but what choice do we have? Charge in and hope the Empress' cronies don't blow us out of the sky with the Fed's own Raiper space-defense system? Hmph, good luck with that.

Suddenly, a voice thundered through his head: You have to muscle through this. You can do it. We all have our crosses to bear- The AC can't get Hugarah off his mind, Tetra's losing sleep over the Persian Device, and all the rest undoubtedly have their own inner demons. They deal with it. So can you.

Sighing again, Moyter lifted his head, muttering "I... I understand the implications on the matter, commander. We don't have a choice here. It's just that... me and Section 31 have a history. It's not on my file- no one's encounters with them are. They have 'friends' everywhere, even in the PCG- that's probably how they got your code. I just respectfully request that you wait until my CO is back on duty before you open... negotiations..." he cuts himself off.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:55 pm
Johnnyred stood in silence for a moment, listening to Moyter and Turson go back and forth, when at last he says.  "We don't have much of a choice.  I do think that before we speak to... this "group" that we should speak with Lieutenant Commander Wrightshede, since Moyter insists."

Johnnyred paces over to a window on the other side of the room.  "I don't know if this is Section 31 or not, but I have had dealings with them before.  Knowing their ideals, I have the feeling that they're being hunted right now, my best guess is that they want us as bait to ease their tension."

Last edited by Johnnyred on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:58 pm
OOC Erm... Tetra isn't actually in command, Wrightshede is. Razz Tetra is still on Aeranite station... basically, Moyter is saying "Wait for Wrightshede to wake up"- the last few days have been really hard on him, so he's getting some shut-eye. Razz END OOC
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:52 am
[OOC] I have no clue who your characters are. Razz I edited my previous post though. Razz I think we need to make a "character station topic to tell who the main characters we're using are. Razz [End OOC]
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:06 am
OOC

We had one, but it was deleted... Rolling Eyes

End OOC
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:35 pm
OOC Basically:
Commander Tetra: On aeranite station, probably won't be a major character for the rest of the RP
AC/LC Wrightshede: Commander of the strike force, as Tetra himself couldn't lead it (that would be desertion)
1stL Moyter: The AC's XO, and the guy I'm currently using (for no reason, really Razz).

END OOC
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:50 pm
Turson slowly stands up.

"Gentlemen," he sighs. "In all matters, men should seek Divine guidance, but even more so in matters such as these, when whole star systems hang in the balance and the morality of certain agreements and actions is questionable. Might I suggest a brief word of prayer?"

Turson bows his head.

"Lord God, as mere humanoids our wisdom is fallible. Our decisions on these matters will mean life or death for millions of people across this quadrant of the galaxy. Please grant us Thy wisdom and Thy strength, and use us to bring down this terrible foe. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Turson resumes his seat and orders another glass of sweet iced tea.

"I did not know you had had dealings with Section 31, Lieutenant Moyter," Turson says. "Perhaps now I understand your hesitation to even consider dealings with them. And believe me, I have my own reservations. Section 31 is hardly Christian in its methods...how could such a sinister group possibly be moral? But times of hardship often drive even sworn enemies to awkward alliances. Such was the case with the U.S. alliance with Stalin to defeat Hitler in Earth's Second World War. When common survival is at stake...are we not all tempted to compromise? But for my part, if an alliance with Section 31 can be avoided, let it be so."
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:16 pm
Who hasn't had to deal with those weasels? Moyter thought vehemently- a distaste he had to consciously suppress as he replied- "Indeed, Commander. I... will try to not let this hinder our mission in any way." His voice grew firm, if not still as if it were spouting some repulsive filth: "What must be done must be done, and that is the end of the matter. If it's between the quadrant and our high horse... I don't really think we have a choice. I'll technically have to run it by the AC, but I think I speak for both of us when I say that if we need to ally ourselves with them, then we shall- but no longer than necessary." He leaned back in his chair, obviously finishing, with an almost serene, peaceful look on his face- almost as if confronting Section 31 openly was relieving.

His mind, on the other hand, was in anarchy. A million thoughts flashed in and out like some kind of insane Fourth-of-July display- each lasting not long enough for him to even think about it. It felt as if his head were on fire. Once again, a single voice suddenly cried out amongst the chaos, immediately silencing all other thoughts: Enough! Focus on the task at hand! The Task Force needs you- until Wrightshede comes back, at the very least. This endless internal bickering gets you nowhere. Focus!

Moyter rubbed his forehead, as if dealing with a migraine, wondering who or what was able to unify his thoughts. The answer came moments later, searing his mind like some cattle prod: We may need you again.

Immediately, the floodgates opened- the dozens of memories, feelings, emotions that had been kept under lock and key for what seemed like an eternity suddenly rushed back with a passion. Instead of drowning in thoughts, a victim of endless mental debate, his head was full of the images, the voices... but something about the smells, the dank, rancid scent, was particularly loaded. Combined, they hit like a sledgehammer. Over the cacophony, however, one word kept repeating inside his head, becoming louder and louder until it trumped all others and became some kind of twisted overriding purpose:

Vengeance

Last edited by Tetrahedron on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:20 pm
Turson nods his head.

"I totally agree with you, Lieutenant," he replies. "Our alliance with them must be as brief as possible, if it even has to be."

Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:03 am
"Very well then." Johnnyred says as he stares out the window.  "Contact our... unknown friends."  Turning back to Turson and Moyter he gives a slight grin.  "However, we should have a contingency plan ready in case they attempt anything funny.  We're going in with some Atnlay Chameleon hardsuits.  They just arrived.  A little gift from MUTT* since he couldn't be here.  They're guaranteed undetectable by any scanner... with the exception of an Atnlay scanner. He and I designed them together actually. I came up with the design and he came up with the jammer."

[OOC]

* MUTT is Alien_Ant's Atnlay character... or at least that's what I've been lead to believe by PMs he and I have sent back and forth.

[End OOC]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum