Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

PPT S-07 'Dontar' Empty PPT S-07 'Dontar'

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:42 pm
PPT S-07 'Dontar'
Light Artillery / Support Unit

PPT S-07 'Dontar' Ppt_s-10

The PPT S-07 'Dontar' Light-Artillery / Support (LA/SV) Vehicle is small, one man howitzer unit designed for quick and easy fire support, much like an FAV, but with equipped as artillery. The Dontar a simplified version of many more complex and larger artillery units that are often much sloer and require more men to operate it. The Dontar's cannon is smaller, but still a formidable force in smaller scale operations, often providing fast support for special forces operating without the backup of tanks, IFVs, Air-Support, etcetera. Or some other such smaller force operation, or where other artillery units would not be able to manuver well enough. More than any other artillery the Dontar and "Shoot n Scoot" faster than any contemporary.

It's main form of propulsion are repulsors on the underside, classifiying it as a hover vehicle. While this allows for very easy movement, especially over rougher terrain, compared to wheeled or tracked vehicles, it's downside, like all repulsor equipped vehicles, are that if the repulsors die, you can't just put it in neutral and push/tow it back home. Being a battle machine, anything going ka-put is always a very real possibility. This is one reason why the Atnlays still use a large amount of wheeled and tracked vehicles. However, the Dontar has wheels that can be deployed in case of repulsor failure. (I just realised that I forgot to put them in, I meant to though. Razz They would deploy from the sides ). These are deployed by springloaded system (if the repulsors are out, chances are that it's because main power is offline, in which case analog back ups work and electric motors don't. Razz) and powered by an internal combustion engine (one similar to a diesel). The Dontar itself, including it's repulsors and main power systems, are extremely robust however, making failure of some such system a rare, but still real, occurance. The Dontar also has high quality targetting systems, radar systems, communications systems, and the suchlike, being quite accurate of it's long range.

The Dontar is also equipped with a very strongly armored wall seperating the driver from the ammo storage and gun in case of a breech rupture or the ammo magazine going off. It is designed to blow out the back and direct the blast away from the driver. There is also a reasonably sized cargo compartment behind the driver for extented missions, though extented fighting would require resuppyling of ammo. The small size and additionally small detectable signature (Atnlays stealthify everything) means that it is an excellent choice for deep penatratinos into enemy territory, along with adaptive camo plates covering the outside. The armor of the Dontar itself is rather strong for a vehicle it's size (by Aynlay standards, otherwise known as insanely strong for a vehicle it's size in normal PCG, Yaka, MSI, etcetera standards). However, the Dontar's shielding system is less than standard for a vehicle of it's size, with a larger forcus on armor. While this means increased weight, it's redundancy perks are obvious. (Hey, an EMP won't take a foot of solid metal offline.)

The Dontar's weapon systems consist of the main cannon and two machineguns. The main cannon is capable of a little farther past 90 degree elevation and some less than 0 degree elevation, meaning it could fire backwards, if you didn't just want to spin the turret (not a designed feature, just how it turned out) and it's also capable of firing down on something directly if it finds itself on a cliff or some such thing. The main cannon uses electromagenetic accelerators to launch it's payload, but is capable of firing conventional cartriages with some form of propellant should the acceleartors not be able to be used. The benefit of the accelerators means there is a completely customizable power setting allowing for a shot drop out litterally right in front of the Dontar with a 45 degree elevation, or fly the full thrity miles to it's target. The adjustable barrel allows for shots to fly straight into their target, or drop straight into their target, or whichever angle is needed. This is especially useful when firing on well entrenched enemies, such as mountains with foxholes or onto vehicles with their weakest points at various locations (top, sides, what have you). The round itself is a 77 mm round (35 Shoczilm), packed full of high explosives, anti-personal rounds, mines, armor pericing rounds, or whatever is needed. The machineguns are mounted on either side of the driver's windshield. The allow for close to 270 degrees of coverage (I didn't find a good 360 spot for just one gun, so I did 2 on either side for the front and a little rear coverage). They are simple 5 shoczilm machinegun rounds (roughly equal to a .50 cal, or an 11mm round, 2.2mm = 1 shoczilm). These are anti-infantry/anti-light vehicle weapons for protection of the unit itself, with the main cannon handling anything larger. The Dontar however as no anti-air defenses, unless one of the machineguns hits it, or you get raelly lucky and the howitzer hits it. The howitzer does have a fast rate of fire however, using an automated loading system (capable of being manually operated of course) and using smaller rounds can fire quite fast.

Stats:
Weapons:
-1x 35 Shoczilm (77mm) Howitzer
-2x 5 Shoczilm (11mm) Machineguns

Defense:
-140 Shoczilm (308mm) of Armor
-1x Shield Generator

Propulsion:
-Repulsors
-Wheels (backup)
-Top Speed: 147mph (57 backup)

Power:
-2x Omega Crystals
-Internal Combustion Engine (backup)
-Batteries (backup)
-Energizer Bunny (major backup)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

PPT S-07 'Dontar' Empty Re: PPT S-07 'Dontar'

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Kewl... I love the sleek, but armored design, and the backup system are nice... never know3 when you need a Hyper Bunny with a Monster Energy. Razz One thing though, unless that gun is HEAVILY armored/has a MAJOR structure around it and only fires a tiny bullet (tiny compared to that launcher) ... that isn't going to be 77mm in minifig scale... more like a 250-500mm Razz

Anyways, great design... Aside from the bulk of the main gun, this thing looks absolutely amazing. Smile
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:17 pm
Yeah, I struggled for a long time to find a lego-barrel size I liked. I was trying to go for non-standard/cliche/used several times peices for the main barrel, but I ended up falling back on the typical 2x2x1 cylinder peice. But yeah, it's supposed to be 77mm, and just have a big barrel, plus the magnetic accelerators (side tubes). I couldn't get anything that looked big enough compared to the rest of teh vehicle but still small like it was a one man artillery peice. Then adding the extra tubes (magnetic accelerators) onto the barrel, it ended up alot bulkier.....I was gona mention it, but I couldn't find a way to explain it away (no real need to armor or extra structure and it shouldn't be that bulky for the magnetic accelerators....), so i just left it for only eyes and minds like yours to complain about. Razz Hopefully everyone else just goes, "oooooh, preetty". I may upgrade the caliber to 150mm, but it's supposed to be smaller than a larger artillery peice, lighter. Then again, light now (PCG)days may mean a standard 155mm of modern day (2013), and heavy is.....battleship sized. Razz

As for the armored lump design, that was the basic idea. I'm not as pleased with it as I'ld like, but I threw it together pretty quick and blew through most design problems when I may have worked it out better if I stuck at them longer. My other idea for a light one-man artillery peice is some sort of large, armored four wheeler with a heavy mortar on it. Razz Much more portable and heavy (as in firepower) than lugging around a light to medium mortar all day. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:41 pm
Maybe it also includes a grill so that the pilot can give BBQ to his company? Razz Aside from the large main gun (not a bad thing, just that you call it so little by comparison Razz ) this thing is great. Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:42 pm
Uhh, yeah, that's it, it also has lots of other secret compartments for holding popcorn and rootbear and boardgames and stuff. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:17 pm
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! OH HO HO HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! HE HE HE HE!!!!!! Clever! Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:27 pm
As a Star Fleet officer, I must forbid these vessels from entering Federation space.  We may be allies, but we have an Omega Directive, you know! Razz

edit: Wait, are we allies? Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:51 pm
I assume you mean the Omega Crystals?
1. They're a lot safer than straight up omega mollecules.
2. The Atnlays don't care what you forbid or don't.
3. Chances are, you'll never know if these get in anyways, atleast till their back out. Razz
4. Uhhh....by affiliation of the PCG and cheif peacekeepers of earth, sorta.
Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:39 am
Yes. Razz

1. Oh, okay.
2. Oh, okay.
3. Oh, okay. Razz
4. Well, if the Federation is allied with the PCG (or is it in this universe??) and the Atnlays are allied with the PCG, I guess so. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:40 pm
1-3. Eyup.
4. Last I checked, they where. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:58 pm
ENERGIZER BUNNY????

LOL! PPT S-07 'Dontar' 3424243678 

This is a very good vehicle, Ant! Like all that info...it makes me feel so...so...military, to read it. Wink Like the color scheme and the fact that it's real minifig scale.

Only thing I would suggest is to go back and make the wheels a reality. Wink

~Scare~
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:23 pm
Talmid, my understanding has always been that the Federation (as an entity, such as the top Admirals and politicians, not as individuals) begrudgingly worked with/put up with/tolerated the PCG because they needed their help, which just happens to be free. There have been... tensions... after all, most of our leaders are one time UFP officers... gone rouge. But all in all, we want (at least otwo of) the same things, to protect innocent people, and to bring justice. So.... depending on who you ask... it's kinda love/hate (I think that's how it is anyways)
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:52 pm
@Talmid: Yeah, what he ^ said.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum