Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

PPT S-12 LAV Empty PPT S-12 LAV

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:19 pm
PPT S-12 LAV

PPT S-12 LAV Ppt_s-11

The PPT S-12 LAV is a rapidly deployable, highly manuverable, and extremely rugged Light Assault Vehicle. The S-12 platform is bessentially a four-wheeler atv used for quick transport, small but powerful utility vehicles, patrol missions, and carrying mounted weapons. This provides extra firepower or support without sacrificing the mobility of the common infantryman with his boots on the ground, or restricting that same infantryman to lugging a heavy mortar and ammo around all day.

Stats:
Defense:
-2x inch armor

Other:
-113 mph top speed
-4,500pound carrying/towing limit

S-12 LAV-Mortar variant

Spoiler:

The simplest S-12 LAV-Mortar variants are simply a mortar mounted on the LAV with a swiveling baseplate for aiming, and an ammo compartment underneath. (The engine for the S-12 is located in the front.) These do not allow for firing while on the move however. More complex LAV-Mortar variants consist of an autmoatic reloaded from the ammo compartment underneath, and can be integreated with computer sytems also able to be installed simply onto the S-12 LAV platform for more accurate non-line of sight firing, and firing on the move. These make the mortar variant quite deadly in any sort of infantry battle with little other mechanized forces.

Weapons:
-1x D-16 23 shoczilm mortar (about 50.6 mm)
  -70 rounds a minute
  -11,000 meter maximum range

S-12 LAV-Machinegun variant

Spoiler:

The Machinegun variant brings heavy machineguns normally found on tanks or IFVs to the battle. This is especially useful against infantry in light cover or against light vehicles, or over extended ranges. However, the driver must dismount to use it and then climb back on to move the LAV, there isn't room for a second person to ride along and shoot.

S-12 LAV-Plasmagun variant

Spoiler:

The LAV-Plasmagun variant has a powerful anti-material plasma gun mounted on it's rear, capable of precise, penatrating shots. This is especially useful for anti-armor purposes, and for assaulting bunkers, fortified positions, or buildings that may be used as cover. It's long ranges also make useful for a anti-vehicle sniper weapon of sorts.

S-12 LAV-Missile variant

Spoiler:

The LAV-Missile variant has four fire-and-forget missiles with a powerful sensor and tracking system. While not as smart as those found on a Rekslo, they are much cheaper and nearly as powerful. They make for effective anti-air defense or for fighting heavy armor. The small nature of the S-12 platofrm allows these variants to hide in the brush on a tree-line, in small clearings, or even in divits in the ground or in blown out buildings where they can quickly pop out, fire, and pop back into cover or even fire without revealing themself. Any larger vehicle would need a much larger hiding spot, which by nature is much easier to find. The S-12 missile variant can also fire and move alot faster and sooner than a larger anti-air or anti-heavy armor vehicle. This makes it a very lethal and hard to deal with nusiance, and it's mass-produced and low-matience features allow it to flood the battlefield and make a few infantry more than a match for any armor or airforce.

S-12 LAV-Medic Variant

Spoiler:

The Medic variant is used to expedite evacuations for wounded personnel, and is also used as a roving medic team vehicle for speedy arrivals from one casualty to the next. In order to facilitate traversing rough terrain and to provide the injured personnel with a more comfortable/non-further-damaging ride to safety and treatment, a power coupling is used between the repulsor table and the LAV. The table is not a stretcher itself, but meant to hold one (although a body can be placed on and strapped in if necessary). Two medics ride along, and can both aid wounded as well as serve as he primary personnel for evacuating them. One drives, and the other rides on the rear of the repulsor tabler/trailer to provide cover fire and tend the wounded.

LXF file: www.willeventuallyputithere.com/toolazytodoitnow/tobusytodoitnow/dontletmeforget

Last edited by Commander Ant on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:54 pm; edited 10 times in total
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

PPT S-12 LAV Empty Re: PPT S-12 LAV

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm
NICE atv, Ant! You have a knack for these ground vehicles. I like the color scheme and weaponry. I also like the realistic description.

It would be a BLAST to drive this thing, 140mph down the highway Twisted Evil 
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:18 pm
Dat is a nice lookin; quad AA! Very Happy I like it.... As Kojan said... I want to drive one Razz Smile

I do have a few suggestions though (as usual Razz )

1: 2 inches of armor? On a quad? That seems like... a lot... a lot a lot. Is it a plastic or aluminum armor? Because I can't imagine two inches of armor on an average car, let alone an ATV.
2: SEVENTY ROUNDS PER MINUTE?! That's the computer operated version... right? Because I can't picture that guy loading, aiming, and firing 1.1 rounds A SECOND.
3: 4,500 pound towing/carrying limit??? You do realize that that thing can carry a pickup truck... right? (unless at that point it is going ten miles per hour of course)
4: Ammo: I can't imagine that that thing can carry more than 25 rounds (and even that seems to me to be pushing it) I suggest adding an ammo trailer.
5: 140 MILES PER HOUR?! (in the words of a certain flying mammal obsessed wealthy hero:) "Does it come in black? Razz (realizes that's all it comes in) CAN I HAVE ONE!!!!!! THIS THING IS SO STINKIN' COOL!!! Razz
Hmm... yes... well... um... please? Razz

Anyways, it's a GREAT looking ATV... I still want one though. Razz Great work AA.... I like that design
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:16 pm
1. Atnalys do things differently. Imagine your car only two inches wider on each side, it's not that much. Razz Imagine one of the big bulky Quads, not that much. Razz Alot of armor? Maybe, Atnlays say, "why not three?", but it doesn't actually make it that much bigger.
2. Yeah, that's the automated loading. The rate of fire for manual is as fast as the guy can. Razz
3. Ahem, to quote yourself, "We're ~500 years in the future, we should be able to do that by now!", and it's the PPT, their highschool labs should be able to do anything your top research teams can do ten times better, atleast. Razz
4. The barrel isn't actually quite as big as the legos make it out to be, so probably more, but yeah, it could burn thorugh it's ammo pretty quick.
5. Black is standard, it's painted a camo for qhichever terrain it's going to be on, plus/or adding active camo pannels.

Uhhh....sorry, secondary prime directive for Atnlays. No sharing. *insert story spoilers here* Maybe once I get my stories written, or maybe you can borrow one when Ant ends up doing something with you. Razz He may also make one of lesser quality for you. Razz

Thankyou, I like the way it looks as well. Razz

7. You seem to always criticize my stats, and scare's design, but never scare's stats, or my design. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:24 pm
1. I wasn't thinking "size" more like "weight" does it matter that the thing weighs two tons? Razz
2. Makes sense.
3. That's some engine... or is it a mini reactor... that could do that...
4. Ah, I see... you need an MG variant... Razz
5. Even better.

7. (where's 6? Razz ) Interesting point... Maybe because Scare BEGS (literally! Razz ) to have his work criticized. Razz I nitpick at his building because he asks us to, but both of your work is always 99.99983% awesome in the brick aspect. Razz I COULD find things to suggest about your builds if you like. Razz I bug you about your stats because you are a stat master, and Scare isn't as into the stats as we are, (besides, if anything, he tends to UNDERPOWER his current work, no need to pester him to put less armor on it when it's already pretty much equal to Federation norms. Razz )

Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:22 am
1. Still doesn't way two tons, more like 1/4 ton (size of a quad, weight of a WWII jeep), if that.
3. Eyup
4. That's the plan, to have lots of different weapons mounted on it, generally light portabable weapons that are still a real pain in the neck to carry.
7. I usually (usually) disagree with your building suggestions, so nah, I'm good. Razz But yes, scare does literally beg, you could make him pay you to criticize it. Razz And yeah, scare underpowers some things, 'cept for his shields. (some of his older creations had crazy shields) Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:24 pm
1. Ah, I see.
4. Makes sense.
7. I think we are now officially off topic. Razz Let's just end it with "we all do things differently, and we all have our special talents, end of story." Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu May 15, 2014 6:57 am
Bump for update.

Added the machinegun variant and toned the speed down to just 113 mph.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:56 pm
bump for update, the Medic variant has been posted.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum