Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

PPT S-3 'Grup' MAV Empty PPT S-3 'Grup' MAV

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:53 pm
PPT S-3 'Grup' MAV

PPT S-3 'Grup' MAV Ppt_s-11

The S-3 'Grup' MAV (Medium Assault Vehicle) fits the gap inbetween slower, less manuverable and more exensive Heavy Assault Vehicles and the lightly armed and armored Light Assault Vehicles. It like the "Humvee" of mechanized vehiles, minus the extra troop carrying capability. It's heavily armed for it's size, and yet is small and speedy enough to work in tight settings or become impractile to hit with larger anti-armor weapons, while withstanding smaller ones. It's repulsor technology gives it a generous top speed of 215 miles per hour, with extremely fast acceleration. It's weapons consist of two highpower bolt cannons, which are effective at ripping through armored vehicles, or grinding holes into bunkers. It also includes two flamethrowers for bathing enemy infantry. The flamethrowers and bolt cannons don't need to be able to rotate, as the Grup is more than capable of spinning fast enough. It's most prominent weapon are it's eight missile tubes, carrying the same missiles as the S-6 'Rekslo' IFV. This alone takes it from Light Assault Vehicle status and places it in the realm of Heavy Assault Vehicles, providing a much greater threat to heavy armor. On top is a turret firing ICE (Isolated Compressed Energy) rounds out of it's four machineguns. The ICE rounds are energy rounds, but hit like they're solid rounds, and thus provide much more punch instead of disapating on armor if they cannot melt through, similar to a HEAT round. This is used primarily as a Anti-Personel and Anti-LAV weapon. Both the missiles and the top turret are controlled by the gunner in the back, while the flamethrowers and bolt cannons are controlled by the driver. Finally, it's equipped with a hardened bumper with touch shocks supporting it, allowing the Grup to effectively ram other vehicles with little damage to the Grup itself. The only downside to the Grup is that it has little redundancy compared to other PPT vehicles, so if a repulsor dies or something else goes wrong the crew is obliged to abandon it.

Stats
General:
-Crew: 2x
 --1x Driver
 --1x Gunner
-Propulsion: Repulsors
-Top Speed: 215 MPH

Defenses:
-70 Shoczilm thick armor (about 15.4 cm)
-Shield Generator, single layer.

Weapons:
-2x High Powered Bolt Cannons (12 Shoczilm bore (just over an inch, or 26.4mm)
-2x Flamethrowers
-8x Missile Pods
-4x ICE Machineguns

Other:
-1x Energy Crystal
-1x Back up battery
-Stealth/sensor etcetera goodies

Spoiler:

Last edited by Commander Ant on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

PPT S-3 'Grup' MAV Empty Re: PPT S-3 'Grup' MAV

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:38 pm
Very good. I like the compact design of the vehicle, and I can easily see a less-armed version being used as a police patrol car on colonized worlds. I would make further comments I could see more, so if you've got more pictures, post 'em! :DOtherwise, I really like it, and can't wait for another one of your land vehicles (which I lack the proficiency to make well. Razz)!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:58 am
Commander Ant wrote:It's most prominent weapon are it's eight missile tubes

Weapons:
-8x Missile Pods

But of course, this is Alien_Ant2 we are speaking of. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:20 am
Not bad... I don't see it being of much use though unless only used for urban combat. If that's all it's intended for then I'd say it's pretty cool. Maybe a tad over weaponed, but still cool.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:10 pm
Cool! I like this little beast of a vehicle. It seems a bit over armed and under redundant, but besides that, it's the perfect city patrol/defense vehicle.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:38 pm
@kojan: I'll hopefully have some more pics up by the end of today. And I have disliked only one of your vehicles, I'm still really jealous of your LT-155's and your HT-255!

@talmid: But of course! What's the point in going into battle less than best-equipped?

@jonneh: It's extremely useful in urban combat, due to it's agility/versatilty over typical tanks, but it's still used plenty in other enviornments. Kinda like a Humvee, minus the extra troop carrying ability and with more weapons. Razz

@dino: Under redundant yes. Over armed? Never. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:55 pm
@Dino: After all, you can never have too many missiles. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:43 pm
@Talmid: Yes! Missiles are finite, and thus will run out eventually. So you can never have too many, thus delaying the inevitable. It's the same with primary-weapon ammo. Razz Or battery power for energy guns. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:55 pm
That's why I use Energizer Bunny batteries for my energy weapons. They just keep on going and going and going and going and going and going... Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:52 pm
But energy weapons lack the brute armor-crunching force of a true, tangible weapon, like say a missile. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:41 am
Well, tecnically that wouldn't be true, as any decent energy weapon, exluding lasers and phasers, would be firing plasma or some form of energy so hot it would incinerate whatever was in it's way. But generally they're easier to defeat by shields I think. Razz

Anbd yeah, I think missiles do have more brute armor crunching force in most sci-fi universes. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:25 pm
Bump. MOAR PICTURES! Very Happy
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:05 pm
There we go. Razz

I know that the MAV is a hovercraft, but the "hover fins" (or whatever you) on the bottom that keep it afloat reminds me a of drag race boats for some hilarious reason. The front "bumper" looks to have some serious shock absorbers as well. Razz

However, after reading his comment, I have to agree with Dino when he says that it's a tad "over armed". As I have previously suggested, I would either skim down on the number of weapons this one version has, or release multiple variants with different weapon systems and functionary roles, just like military Humvees.

Now that I'm looking more closely, I'm really, really enjoying the design of the roof-mounted turret. It's a really nice piece. Razz

Overall, I still like it, but it could do with loosing a bit of weight. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:15 pm
I can see the resemlance. Razz And I like the bumber/absorbers as well, it's a major improvement over the S-3 Rhino's bumper, which is what this is the revamped version of.

I think I'll take your variant suggestion into consideration. I should make a FO version and a communications version, as well as a tractor version (pull equipment around). It's probably look less weighter if it didn't have quite so big of missile tubes, but those are what give it so much punch, so this is one instance, out of many (Razz ) where I take firepower over asthetics. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 pm
Gotta agree with Kojan on the turret... that thing is a work is simplistic, utilitarian art! Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum