Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

M.C.V. Odyssey Starbase Empty M.C.V. Odyssey Starbase

Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:06 pm
I found this little thing when I was sifting through some old .lxf's of mine today. I was going to post it for the PCG-verse's 5th Anniversary celebration, but I never remembered that I built it until I found it just now. I can't even remember what M.C.V. stands for. Razz

M.C.V. Odyssey Starbase:

It's nothing spectacular, but I thought the shape was unique. The starbase has 13 modules connected to the central hub.

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

The .lxf should available soon on the LEGO gallery.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

M.C.V. Odyssey Starbase Empty Re: M.C.V. Odyssey Starbase

Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:10 pm
Wow... you really have a thing for this thing. Razz That's one epic station, if I do say so myself. Razz I love the rotational pattern, the whole design... it's just really great!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:23 pm
That... is... AWESOME! I love it! Well done! It certainly is unique. And I would even dare say spectacular.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:00 pm
It looks like a giant saw blade. I like it. And as has been said, you really have a knack for this style of building. Well done!
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:32 pm
Thanks, everyone! Very Happy
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:10 am
Okay, how in the world did you get thirteen sides to it? Razz

Anyway, looks nice! Though if I may give my opinion concerning your most recent models, I really think you should go back to the blue color scheme that you used on the Resolute-class, I thought it looked nice. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:59 am
BTW, the .lxf is now up: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/f7f61c61-2efc-4fc1-a529-0610b8b52cdb?index=1

Arik: Danke! Well, only one module is physically connected to the central hub. The other 12 modules are connected to each other and to the one that is connected to the center.

I see what you mean about the colors. I think I'll try that! Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:28 pm
What photoshopping did you do to it to get that look to it? Because although I could be mistaken that really doesn't look like how the bricks look in a typical LDD screenshot.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 pm
Ant: No photoshopping, just LDD's advanced shading function turned up to the max. Normally I don't do that with screenshots because advanced shading is very CPU-taxing, but I got a nice new computer for Christmas that has enough RAM to have advanced shading activated on a 20,000-brick model without breaking a sweat. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:24 pm
And then theres me, running in compatabilty mode and still my computer is [strike]limping[strike] dragging itself along at a crawl on mere 4,000 brick or less models. Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:36 pm
Spud: And to think I can barely build past 10,000 bricks without my comp dying... Razz

Ant: Actually, are you aware that Compatibility Mode slows down your computer? I think it's easier for your computer to handle as well, and with less chance of having big problems, but... well, it's definitely slower. Razz Could be you could handle bigger models with Compatibility Mode off. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:16 am
Ant: Dino's right; it's better for LDD to not be in compatibility mode.

Speaking of compatibility mode, can anyone tell me what it is exactly? Very Happy

Dino: Yeah, I know how you feel. My old computer started making horrific amounts of noise once the brick count reached around 1,000 because the CPU fan had to shift into overdrive to keep up with the overheating processor. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:24 am
Who is this "Dino" you speak of? Razz I think you mean Arik. 

I keep my LDD in compatibility mode because my comp (didn't, IDK how it feels about it now) like it in regular move for no apparent reason. Maybe I'll try switching it back. 

Advanced shading with 20,000 pieces?! What are the specs on this beast of a machine?! Razz Smile
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:25 am
If I understand correctly, compatibility mode essentially "slows LDD down", loading fewer frames per second (probably into decimals at times Razz) while you turn the model, giving bricks in the palette more time to load, things like that, with the purpose of making LDD less taxing on your computer.

So, taking it out of compatibility mode basically puts it in a "high-performance mode", with the result that it looks a lot smoother when you move the model, and stuff like that.

When deciding which you want, keep in mind it's basically a trade-off: LDD is faster and handles big stuff without bogging down, but at the expense of slowing the rest of your computer down more and probably also creating the threat of shutting LDD/your comp down if your computer can't handle it.

...Well, this is how I understand it to be, anyway. I really have no way to know for sure this is true. Razz

As to that issue, I can't relate because I only just got my fan fixed about a week and a half ago. Razz Though I'm also gonna upgrade my CPU and RAM significantly in about another week, so that could drastically improve my comp's abilities.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:59 am
Dino: Oh, hehe, right. Sorry. Razz Well, it's got a monster non-integrated video card and 16 beautiful gigs of RAM, as opposed to my old computer, which had a pathetically weak integrated video card and only 4 G of RAM. Suffice it to say, it's pretty sweet. Very Happy

Arik: Ah, ok. Thanks! Very Happy
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 pm
NOTHING SPECTACULAR????? How DARE you put yourself down like that! This thing is awesome! One of the best starbases I've seen uploaded to the Universe! Very well-done...love that design.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:05 pm
Scare: Thanks! Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum