Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark Flame

+2
Lord General Spud
Johnnyred
6 posters
Go down
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

The Dark Flame Empty The Dark Flame

Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:45 pm
~ Start Entry ~

The Dark Flame is the ship captained by Errol Hawkins in the (as of yet unnamed pirate alliance).  At one point in time it was the BlSS Emperion, a Triad class heavy cruiser, however, it was captured by the crew of pirate vessel, primarily in thanks to Hawkins.  Most of the crew was killed or escaped during the boarding, but a few joined the pirates, including IQ-10 the rogue shipboard AI, who greatly aided in taking the ship.

The ship is a heavily armored Blacktron assault ship, though the pirates don't always have enough crew to man all the weapons.  The ship also includes a small fighter contingent and a couple of dropships for boarding parties.  The underside of the ship features a large device that appears to be some form of a weapon.  However, the encryption concerning the files is so thorough that not even IQ-10 can break through it (much to his chagrin).

The Dark Flame is not the fastest ship in the fleet, though it does manage to keep up with its fleet, however, thanks to various maneuvering thrusters along the hull it does manage to have a decent bit of agility.

- Specifications -

- Specifications -

Length: 430 Meters
Beam: 80 Meters
Height:  Meters
Crew: 120 pirates
Boarding Party Detachment: 50 pirates
Fighter Pilots: 5
Dropship Pilots: 3
Shuttlecraft: Misc stolen craft
Dropship Contingent: 3 unnamed (AKA uncreated) dropships
Fighter Contingent:  6 unnamed (AKA uncreated) fighters, plus 20 light drone fighters
Armor: 6 feet of Blacktronium.  (HECK I DUNNO!)
Shields: 5 Phazon class Shield generators
Engine Drives: 2 mid-sized FTL drives, 6 heavy impulse engines
Weapons: 4 heavy mass drivers, 4 Shock Cannons, 4 broadside ion cannons, 10 sub-shock cannons, 6 forward mounted torpedo tubes

- Images -

The Dark Flame Dark_f11

The Dark Flame Dark_f11

The Dark Flame Dark_f12

The Dark Flame Dark_f13

The Dark Flame Dark_f12

The Dark Flame Dark_f13

The Dark Flame Dark_f14

- .Lxf -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/okdut9byel571tt/Dark%20Flame.lxf?dl=0

~ End Entry ~

Last edited by Johnnyred on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

The Dark Flame Empty Re: The Dark Flame

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 pm
*whistles* Now that is a beauty! I love the sort of double-lobed construction. Awesome greebles, sweet colors... All around, a great ship. Nice work! Very Happy
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:53 pm
I like the turrets. Very Happy
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:47 pm
Pretty sure I've already told you my feelings on this, but I like it too much to care. This is one of my favorite J-red ships. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:59 pm
I fear that I failed to express how much I love this ship on the chat earlier today. 

I fear that words will fail me now.

It's beautiful.

It's so evil.

I love it.

I love it.

I love it.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:03 am
Danke to everyone! Razz

@ Mighty - Wow! I made a ship that you don't think is OP! XD

@ S-H - Actually, Blacktron design typically goes by one of two color schemes, the first series of Blacktron had black as the major color, with yellow as a secondary (This was the color of the windscreens as well), and transparent red for detailing. Series 2 had black again as the primary with white as the secondary and transparent neon green as the detailing (This was the color of the windscreens for this series)

I chose the gunmetal, silver, and aluminum colors, primarily because I didn't want the ship to just be black with hints of trans red, so I decided to add the metallic colors. Why the metallic? I like them. Razz On all my other ships I try to make the greebs and weapons in metallic when I can. I do think it looks a little odd myself, but it's the best fit that I could see.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:20 am
Of course, that probably means it's underpowered.... Razz

(Well, TBH, I'm actually intentionally avoid calling stuff "OP" or not until I can properly innumerate the whole thing- which is a long way off. Razz)
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:22 am
I dunno about being underpowered, I put weapons pretty much everywhere. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:26 am
Did I mention I adore the SNOT on this ship? 

As to coloration, I'm okay with the gunmetal, but I think the silver is a bit much. 

And it's probably just right in power, although I do find the use of shock weapons odd as this is not a Captain Johnnyred of the PCG designed starship, but rather, a Blacktron designed vessel.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:00 pm
@ S-H - Oh! I also neglected to thank you for your comment about the engines! Those were actually fairly last minute, I had everything else built and I was just like... "How am I gonna do these...?" And then I came up with an idea, which was not this one. Said idea wouldn't work thanks to the alignment of certain pieces, so I came up with this design. At first I didn't really like the design, but it's kinda grown on me now.

@ Dino - I put the silver on to differentiate between the turret and the barrels, also, to give the impression of some sort of coils or something underneath the gunmetal phone pieces. You're right, I thought the Shock Cannons were unusual as well, but just in case you were wondering, Shock technology is available to anyone within the PCG, it's not super top secret or anything, I was just trying to fill out the weapons specs before I left for work. I'll probably change them later if I can think of something to put in there.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum