Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

USS Messier Empty USS Messier

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 pm
USS Messier 76MfU0Z
USS Messier D4FJgJG

Based on the feedback on the USS Magnanimous, I have taken that ship and made some changes.  They can be enumerated as follows:
- Shortened the neck.
- Redid the upper half of the engineering hull, and
- Completely rebuilt the rear.
- Built new nacelle pylons which are thicker and slope upwards.
- Redid the front of the warp nacelles for double bussard collectors.

USS Messier F9SL5peUSS Messier 8E1QY0y

The Messier is shorter and lower than the Magnanimous.  Here are some picture comparisons.

USS Messier RtNQqjJUSS Messier Pplpd7l
USS Messier H9sU5IL

An LDD file will be live here:
http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/c85c724a-2770-4ae7-92ff-f20327b8956f?index=1
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

USS Messier Empty Re: USS Messier

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:45 am
Spoiler:

Now THIS is what I'm talking about! You've pretty much made the perfect ship IMO. 

I have only two critiques.
1: the dorsal bussard collectors still lack direct line-of-sight past the saucer. 
2: the upper saucer structure features a lot of studs, something I personally don't care for. 

Other than that... it's gorgeous! Some of your finest heavy-duty Star-Fleet work to star-date.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:50 pm
There's not much more I can do about covering up the studs, as that would add additional layers of tiles to the ship which would compromise its appearance.  As for the bussard collectors, at least the rest of the nacelles have a view of each other, and the new lower bussard collectors have a view under the saucer.  When the saucer is separated both bussard collectors can be used.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I suppose I could extend the engineering hull again. I was considering it, but thought that it was good enough already. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum