Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Russel Class Patrol Cruiser Empty Russel Class Patrol Cruiser

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 pm
Russel Class Patrol Cruiser F268ebc1-e4c2-4be3-8e03-6aeff1d621b8?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=526
Russel Class Patrol Cruiser 2a2e8c23-e50c-4db4-9927-b9c7c73aadf3?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=526
Russel Class Patrol Cruiser 15768ad9-fd48-4d36-a07a-486e94588724?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=526
Russel Class Patrol Cruiser 9903150a-73bd-49ba-a3b8-186ac08e9d38?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=526

An LXF file will be downloadable from this page.

The Russel Class is designed to be a small but highly durable Patrol Cruiser. While the Russel lacks the offensive power needed to really win fights, it is built to last long enough in a battle for backup to arrive. The Russel is heavily armored, making extensive use of ablative armor technology, especially on its warp nacelles.

Ships of the class are armed with a number of phaser banks along with fore and aft photon torpedo launchers.

The Russel has a sustainable top speed of Warp 9.2, with a maximum speed of Warp 9.95.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Russel Class Patrol Cruiser Empty Re: Russel Class Patrol Cruiser

Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 pm
So it's meant to simply outlast enemies instead of outgun them... interesting.

I like the actual model itself, especially the SNOT plates on the bottom. However, I'm not sure about the warp nacelle configuration, and the saucer itself looks a little too squarish/blocky to me.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:26 pm
I think S-H summed this ship up perfectly.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:10 am
I happen to like the saucer on this one actually, the whole thing feels very "police"-cruiser like, which I guess would be a patrol cruiser. Razz It feels like something that you'ld see the Space Police lego themes flying around in. Razz While I agree it wouldn't look good for a war-ship or a pleasure craft, it does strangely seem to fit the patrol idea. Maybe it's because the hard angular front makes it seem stiff, professional, focused, and stern, kinda like a state trooper. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:31 pm
Now that you mention it, it looks sorta like a police cruiser, which could help explain the "police/patrol ship" idea. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:00 pm
Very nice ship, Talmid! I I love the nacelle and engineering hull design. The saucer is good but I do agree that it's a bit boxy. Other than that, bravo!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:59 pm
It DOES look like a police cruiser! A quick Google search turned up this- the resemblance is striking!

Spoiler:

I think that the bulky, boxy design and angular lines are what remind me of it. But MAN the overall shape, especially of the saucer, sure looks a LOT like that car; at least to me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum